All Categories

Live Arena Beta

Live Arena Beta

Search
Apr 5, 2023, 15:5404/05/23
05/28/21

Live Arena Beta

I was somehow selected to be part of the Beta, which is fine.  What I don't know is where I provide formal feedback? Why be part of a beta if you don't know where the feedback goes?

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Apr 5, 2023, 16:0504/05/23
12/30/20

Here, here works. We (Moderators) routinely pull feedback from the forum to pass along, which is something I know will be needed after the Beta concludes. 

Apr 5, 2023, 16:5504/05/23
Apr 5, 2023, 17:03(edited)
05/28/21

Firstly, this is only my opinion and quite frankly it's how I will handle whatever the outcome is.  I think this Live PVP can be very exciting.  Here is my recommendation and I will follow with some explanations:

Recommendation - Fights should never go beyond 5 min and must have a winner and loser.  For fights that go the distance, Plarium needs to clearly define the conditions used to determine a victor.  My opinion, whoever does the most damage in a fight that goes the distance, wins.

Explanation:

A fight that is an obvious stalemate will undoubtedly go 30 min unless someone gives up.  

Doing 5 battles a day cannot consume more than 30-45 min total game time.  There is time alloted to selelcting the teams followed by a maximum 5 min fight.

We need to incentivize peole to pick teams or fight in a way that will help assure they get the victory in a statemate situation or a situation where the fight is taking longer then 5 min - its like a boxing match going the distance, it's now in the hands of the judges and the judges generally follow clearly defined criteria to pick a winner.

Apr 5, 2023, 17:0304/05/23
02/11/22

If they're not gonna give us tie-breakers, at least give us a proper tie => No points lost, no points won. That woud be fair. In the end, i dont think building a stall team would be profitable if all your matches amoount to 0 points gained.

Siide question: Do we get to keep the medals won in this beta? If not, why do people dump so many gems, seems silly if you're gonna get thrown back down to starting point anyways.

Apr 5, 2023, 19:3204/05/23
07/08/19
Swiftblade

If they're not gonna give us tie-breakers, at least give us a proper tie => No points lost, no points won. That woud be fair. In the end, i dont think building a stall team would be profitable if all your matches amoount to 0 points gained.

Siide question: Do we get to keep the medals won in this beta? If not, why do people dump so many gems, seems silly if you're gonna get thrown back down to starting point anyways.

beta testers will be reset to bronze 1 once the test ends, but they'll keep all earned rewards.

Apr 5, 2023, 20:2704/05/23
07/08/19

couple bits of feedback i have based on the initial experience.

• in the battle log, i'd really like to be able to see the teams used in fights where one person surrendered. on a similar note, i wish they would show the banned 5th champion as well.
  • on plarium play, the point values for the milestone rewards aren't displaying properly. it just shows a blank field.
  • i've run into a bug a few times where the confirm button just refuses to register when i click it. thus far it's always gone back to normal after ~30 seconds but still really something that should be addressed.

on an unrelated note, do we know how many people are in the beta test?

Apr 6, 2023, 20:4004/06/23
10/17/22

Has to be the most boring thing raid have introduced,  and the opponent match ups are ridiculous for early- mid game players,  after 25 games I've played against opponents 4 times who are close to my own level but most are level 100, we are just cannon fodder to far superior teams.

Apr 7, 2023, 12:0604/07/23
Ant

Has to be the most boring thing raid have introduced,  and the opponent match ups are ridiculous for early- mid game players,  after 25 games I've played against opponents 4 times who are close to my own level but most are level 100, we are just cannon fodder to far superior teams.

Dont forget, this is still beta with selected players. I think mostly selected players yet the higher leveled players not the new players, because their expreriences most helpful for Plarium.

We dont know that too, when you played,wich timezone, maybe no were login just old players.

But is true, should be nice an info from Plarium, how the game draws the opponents. 

Player powers or with other rules ???

Apr 7, 2023, 12:2504/07/23
11/19/22

Would be good to not allow duplicates at all levels, not just gold. Otherwise players don't have to think too hard about their choices, which kills a major part of the fun and challenge of having to pick a balanced team.

Apr 8, 2023, 19:0104/08/23
04/02/21

my suggestions: 

not allow duplicates from the very start ... as it is, it's often a disadvantage to pick first because the opponent can see your full team before he has to make his last pick ... if you can only use every champ once at least you get the possiilty to pick your most essential champ before the opponent does it ...

give us the chance for a draw, because stalemates happen so often ... especially when there are a dutchess and a pythion on both sides ... it's excrutiating ...and we seriously don't have time to do 10-15 min fights ... how about a button, "offer a draw" where both can agree and no one gets or looses points? 

a possibility to chat with the opponent would be cool ....

AND most important, GIVE us a possibilty to play our clanmates in this format ... not for rewards or competition, just for fun ... the format really has potential and everyone would love to fight people they actually know ... for bragging rights etc.... this would be the best and a way for people to actually enjoy spending time in your game and not just be annoyed by another thing to do ....

Apr 8, 2023, 23:3204/08/23
03/29/23
marcusgoetz23

my suggestions: 

not allow duplicates from the very start ... as it is, it's often a disadvantage to pick first because the opponent can see your full team before he has to make his last pick ... if you can only use every champ once at least you get the possiilty to pick your most essential champ before the opponent does it ...

give us the chance for a draw, because stalemates happen so often ... especially when there are a dutchess and a pythion on both sides ... it's excrutiating ...and we seriously don't have time to do 10-15 min fights ... how about a button, "offer a draw" where both can agree and no one gets or looses points? 

a possibility to chat with the opponent would be cool ....

AND most important, GIVE us a possibilty to play our clanmates in this format ... not for rewards or competition, just for fun ... the format really has potential and everyone would love to fight people they actually know ... for bragging rights etc.... this would be the best and a way for people to actually enjoy spending time in your game and not just be annoyed by another thing to do ....

i like the idea to play with clan mates.  with this we can give advise on builds and strageties

Apr 9, 2023, 02:0604/09/23
01/16/22

It appears that only one of MY champs gets a turn, while all of the opponents champs get a turn. Can't always be due to debuffs,,,,I have watched for that. If this is the way it works....it doesn't work for me. Especially while in beta and most players far outrank me.

Apr 9, 2023, 21:2404/09/23
04/02/21
Auldfahrt

It appears that only one of MY champs gets a turn, while all of the opponents champs get a turn. Can't always be due to debuffs,,,,I have watched for that. If this is the way it works....it doesn't work for me. Especially while in beta and most players far outrank me.

encountered this too, that i got lapped and the enemy was taking double turns before i even got a move i get it that the opponent can  be faster .... but when I enter with champs at 250 speed i shouldn't get lapped even if the opponent has tm boost and increase speed ....they cant be all at 400 sth speed...