All Categories

Gear Cost Reduction

Gear Cost Reduction

Search
Apr 3, 2023, 21:2904/03/23
05/08/22

Gear Cost Reduction

Alright so for a long time now, been scratching my head on this one, but why exactly are gear cost reductions so expensive?  I have played raid for over a year now, and i almost never remove gear unless i notice a major mistake or lack of resistance or accuracy.  Or notice a hero needs crit rate for their abilities to land.

Truth of the matter is, i just cant afford to rebuild characters.  I honostly wish i would have just removed all my gear a few weeks back so i could rebuild all my heros, but was so busy i forgot to do it before 100% reduction ended.  But even a 50% reduction is still very costly to rebuild my characters.  As a now f2p player, i have noticed that i generally have never than 30 mil silver saved up after fusions, and am lucky to get 20mil+ saved up pre fusions.  If i am rebuilding a character, the cost of regearing a character is crazy despite the extra silver i gotta pay just to take the gear off.

There is just no real way to gain extra silver to keep up. about 97% of my roster really needs to be regeared, some still wearing 4 star gear, but truth of matter is i don't have the silver to spare, nor the extra energy to farm the silver from spider 20.  As I got further in the game, i though my energy would stretch further, but im quickly learning im getting less energy, and more places to spend it.  Not sure where this balances, but at least for foreseeable future, i have a lot of toons that could benefit from rebuilding, but keeping up with events and fusions, just don't have the extra resources, and this last summon rush basically drained my account of nearly everything i had left and had been saving.

And lots of dungeons require tweaking and experimenting with new builds to progress, especially as you start progressing towards end game, and as a free 2 play player i have realized i will never have that extra silver to consistantly tweak and experiement with new builds.  Which really ruins one of the funniest aspect of the game, which is figuring out builds to tackle content.  Capital wall to progress is getting a lot worse for my account, and im getting to point where I may just have to find a game that doesn't require money to really get the best experience out of the game.  Having the freedom to tweak and kink my teams to try to complete tougher content, would be a much appreciated change, even if you just create a new funnel for money somewhere else in game, at least having this freedom would make game much more enjoyable. 

At least for me.

Views
Comments
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Apr 3, 2023, 21:3104/03/23
Apr 3, 2023, 21:32(edited)
06/24/19

Are you already clearing all content or still pushing certain areas?  I found it to the opposite honestly.  My silver stores are growing constantly but then I very rarely rebuild champs.

I'll add that I am all for more frequent cost reduction events though.  A 50% off once a month I think is fair.

Apr 3, 2023, 21:3504/03/23
Apr 3, 2023, 21:38(edited)
05/08/22

Like I have all potion keeps on 20, ice golem hard lvl 7 100%, dragon hard 10 100%, spider 25/fkk 25 both 100%   dont mess with iron twins and only do stage 5 of sand devils.  Just downed hard doom tower floor 80.  and just 3 starred nightmare campaign.

1 Key UNM, and 25 mil on normal hydra

Like if you seen some of my characters at my state of the game, you would laugh at me cause they really need upgrades, but i just don't foresee me having extra silver between saving for artifiact upgrade events.  infact i generally only have the extra silver to gear new lvl 70's.  And i have several more who need gear.

I have supreme elhain, yakaral, mithrala and michanki ready to pull, but truth of matter is i don't have books for them, energy to get their masteries, or silver to gear them...