All Categories

Is this an ok lineup for CB?

Search
Mar 21, 2023, 19:3303/21/23
02/24/23

Im at 28 days into the game.  Can easily do easy Clan boss, but looking to up my game.

Currently running about 4 million damage on the second difficulty with this squad.

Kael Level 60

Bulwark Level 50

Coffin Smasher 50

Painkeeper 40 

Hieress 40

Other possible subs Warmaiden 60, Coldheart 60, Galek 50, Genbo 50, Doomscreech 50, ALure, Kaiden, Mordecai, Dagger, Seducer.  I want to add in Coldheart or Warmaiden for damage but not sure whose spot they would take without losing other benefits.  Suggestions or am I running the best possible for my young team? In a couple days add in High Khatun?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 21, 2023, 19:4603/21/23
06/25/20

The short answer, for right now, is - just use your best-geared Level 60 champs. You're far too early to be thinking about specific teams for this.

Remember - a 6* is at least three times stronger than a 5* one, even if the gear on the lower-leveled one is better.

Mar 21, 2023, 20:0303/21/23
02/24/23
kramaswamy.kr

The short answer, for right now, is - just use your best-geared Level 60 champs. You're far too early to be thinking about specific teams for this.

Remember - a 6* is at least three times stronger than a 5* one, even if the gear on the lower-leveled one is better.

Thanks for the response.  Im still learning the intracacies of the game.  On that list who would you 6* next?  I was leaning Genbo or Doomscreech.  Or maybe just wait and 6* high Khatun which would help satisy one of the challenges as Im lacking a Rank 6 spirit champion.

Mar 21, 2023, 20:1203/21/23
06/25/20

For starters - stop ranking people up, period. You already unfortunately have a few people you've made 50 that are probably going to be wasted, and you likely have others at 40, or even 30, that would at best be used as food.

Your game plan should be to *only* level food until you are *sure* about who you want to use. One of the best ways to set yourself back is to level random people because they look interesting.

In terms of the ones you have mentioned - Genbo and Alure are the only "for sure" two worth bringing to 60. But I wouldn't necessarily even do that. You already have strong nukers in Kael and Warmaiden, and you already have a bosskiller in Coldheart. Sure, Genbo is *better* than Kael, but you probably don't have the books to bring him to where he needs to be yet, and even when you do, he won't be a *huge* improvement for most places.

Galek, Doomscreech, Dagger, and Seducer are quite likely never going to see use anywhere. Kaiden and Mordecai may, but that'll depend quite a lot on who else you get over time.

So - tl;dr I'd just focus on food for now. Khatun will fit well into your team, especially if you don't end up getting Apothecary.

Mar 21, 2023, 20:3303/21/23
02/24/23
kramaswamy.kr

For starters - stop ranking people up, period. You already unfortunately have a few people you've made 50 that are probably going to be wasted, and you likely have others at 40, or even 30, that would at best be used as food.

Your game plan should be to *only* level food until you are *sure* about who you want to use. One of the best ways to set yourself back is to level random people because they look interesting.

In terms of the ones you have mentioned - Genbo and Alure are the only "for sure" two worth bringing to 60. But I wouldn't necessarily even do that. You already have strong nukers in Kael and Warmaiden, and you already have a bosskiller in Coldheart. Sure, Genbo is *better* than Kael, but you probably don't have the books to bring him to where he needs to be yet, and even when you do, he won't be a *huge* improvement for most places.

Galek, Doomscreech, Dagger, and Seducer are quite likely never going to see use anywhere. Kaiden and Mordecai may, but that'll depend quite a lot on who else you get over time.

So - tl;dr I'd just focus on food for now. Khatun will fit well into your team, especially if you don't end up getting Apothecary.

But dont I have to rank them up to compete at higher levels in Clanboss and Arena?  I get not wasting resources as they are hard to come by or expensive to buy with real money but the only way to get better rewards is to keep making my team better.  Am I missing something?  I tried to focus on Clanboss first because it has the best rewards.  Kael is my farmer,  Coldheart seemed like on of the best rares in the game and Warmaiden was easy to obtain and rank up.  Idealy I would just rank up Legendaries but those seem really hard to come by.  Sometimes even Epics are few and far between.  

Mar 21, 2023, 20:4603/21/23
06/25/20

You're not wrong in that, but you need to focus your efforts better. It takes a lot of resources to bring someone to 60, and then even more to get them full masteries, fully ascended, and then fully geared. You waste a lot of those resources by spending them on champs that don't deserve investment.

Kael, Warmaiden, and Coldheart will serve as a good core for a dungeon team. What you need to round that team out is someone who can CC the waves. And you don't have anyone in your champ list that can do that effectively.

So, in the interim, you're better off just farming more food, looking at the market for decent 5* items, and improving the gear on your existing team. This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

That said - if you're chomping at the bit for someone to level, Alure and Genbo won't ever be useless. Just that if you happen to pull someone better-suited to your current requirements, you'll have to wait even longer before making use of them, and I'm doubtful that either Alure or Genbo will really get you much further in dungeon content.