All Categories

The Most Useless Event

The Most Useless Event

Search
Mar 21, 2023, 12:1603/21/23
02/11/22

The Most Useless Event

I just gotta say it. This is the most ridiculously useless event EVER. There was a time not long ago when 2x summon events were carefully spaced out, and in a predictable way. And because of this, one almost felt compelled to pull when it came around, or else be forced to wait 6 more weeks. But now? The high frequency of these makes me not even want to bother, cuz i know there's another one coming right around the corner. Need i remind everyone we a) just had a 2x only about 10 days ago. b) even worse, we are fresh coming off a "Summon Rush" 24 hours ago.

And.... with a big "4th ANNIVERSARY" banner, you open the event, and what's in there? nothing. So, what is this event supposed to be for?

TRASH =>

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 21, 2023, 12:2103/21/23
12/19/19

If I was a whale, I'd be thrilled with the proliferate of summon events including this one.  As a non whale, it's still a good thing to have more choices of when to pop em... stop thinking every event is designed for crybabies who think they should complete everything for free 😀

Mar 21, 2023, 12:2503/21/23
02/11/22

Well then, why dont we just have summon events every day on a 2 hour rotation with Summon Rush events back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-infinity while we're at it?

You are missing the point. When "events" become so common in their frequency, they become non-events. Thats the point.

Mar 21, 2023, 12:3503/21/23
07/08/19
Swiftblade

Well then, why dont we just have summon events every day on a 2 hour rotation with Summon Rush events back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-infinity while we're at it?

You are missing the point. When "events" become so common in their frequency, they become non-events. Thats the point.

what you said exactly, but without being sarcastic. 

that sounds like a great improvement to the game; i hope plarium takes your suggestion to heart.

Mar 21, 2023, 12:3803/21/23
02/11/22
Carpe_Piscis

what you said exactly, but without being sarcastic. 

that sounds like a great improvement to the game; i hope plarium takes your suggestion to heart.

Be careful what you wish for. Nobody wants Christmas every day, even 5 year olds would get bored with it.

Mar 21, 2023, 12:4103/21/23
02/11/22

And for the record, this is me right now. Call me a f2p cry baby if you want. I "could" complete the event, no problem. The question is, why would i bother?

i

Mar 21, 2023, 12:5803/21/23
12/19/19
Swiftblade

While your exaggeration for emphasis is clear, it is actually a more likely scenario than reverting to a f2p/hoard until next event 6 week schedule. I'm not sure why you are bothered by this? Do you expect the events to be designed to fit how you want to play the game?

Mar 21, 2023, 13:2203/21/23
07/08/19
Swiftblade

Be careful what you wish for. Nobody wants Christmas every day, even 5 year olds would get bored with it.

let me see if i understand this correctly. your proposed scenario would involve a frequent rotation of x10 events, making it much more common to have one the champ you're looking for, an overall increase in droprates from more x2 events, and the freedom to spend shards whenever you want thanks to there always being a summon rush event active, but that would be a bad thing because they would be less "special". did i get that right?

Mar 21, 2023, 13:3403/21/23
Mar 21, 2023, 13:35(edited)
11/19/22

Worth remembering that not everyone is doing the fusion or the fusion events. Those who didn't want to waste their sacreds in the summon rush have a nice treat in this event. IMO a 2x sacred event is a more efficient way of getting new legendaries, than burning them in a summon rush just for fragments of one.

Mar 21, 2023, 14:5103/21/23
Mar 21, 2023, 14:52(edited)
06/20/19

Personally I think the rewards are worth 15 sacreds IFF I had enough after the fact for a guaranteed.  In other words, if I were sitting on say 30-35 I'd go for it, realizing I'm getting a few sure shot leggo books and a few lotto tickets in the way of stones.

as far as one event following another, really? How long have you been paying attention?

Mar 21, 2023, 15:3003/21/23
09/02/22

Again... I find myself confused when people complain about additional opportunities to receive "free" stuff...  

I realize that from a certain perspective these event rewards aren't "free". Yes... you have to pull shards in order to get these rewards... but what are shards good for if they are just sitting on your account? You don't get any type of bonus from having a ton of shards horded. They are worthless until you pull them. So how is an event that is offering you free rewards for something you will eventually do anyway a bad thing? 

@Swiftblade - You have 11 Sacred, 148 Ancient, & 26 Void Shards on your account. What are your plans for them? What good are they doing you right now? I'm guessing that you're holding them for either a Double Legendary (for your Sacred Shards), 2X, or Guaranteed event. If that is the case, and the rewards for this event are not enticing to you, then don't pull your shards. It's not like there is even anything locked behind this event. No fragments, no Rare or Epic Champions needed for a fusion, no event currencies, etc. 

In my opinion events like this are the most beneficial to F2P players. They offer the opportunity to pick up items that, as a F2P player, they don't otherwise have access to. If you are F2P, how many opprotunities do you have to recieve an Mortal, Immortal,  & Eternal Soulstone as well as 2 Legendary Skill Books?

It also benefits the low to mid-level spenders since these players look for what they precieve as "deals" & would view this as "buy one get one free".

The fact that people believe that events such as this really affect the "whales"at all is actually comical. Those individuals can pretty much buy any of these rewards at almost any time. I consider myself a low spender and as of now I could purchase 19,670 energy, 9 Legendary Skill Books, 6 Epic Skill Books, & 6 - 5* Chickens just from my current "Limited Special Offers" tab in the shop. 

Mar 21, 2023, 15:4303/21/23
Mar 21, 2023, 15:44(edited)
06/20/19
Kankle69

Again... I find myself confused when people complain about additional opportunities to receive "free" stuff...  

I realize that from a certain perspective these event rewards aren't "free". Yes... you have to pull shards in order to get these rewards... but what are shards good for if they are just sitting on your account? You don't get any type of bonus from having a ton of shards horded. They are worthless until you pull them. So how is an event that is offering you free rewards for something you will eventually do anyway a bad thing? 

@Swiftblade - You have 11 Sacred, 148 Ancient, & 26 Void Shards on your account. What are your plans for them? What good are they doing you right now? I'm guessing that you're holding them for either a Double Legendary (for your Sacred Shards), 2X, or Guaranteed event. If that is the case, and the rewards for this event are not enticing to you, then don't pull your shards. It's not like there is even anything locked behind this event. No fragments, no Rare or Epic Champions needed for a fusion, no event currencies, etc. 

In my opinion events like this are the most beneficial to F2P players. They offer the opportunity to pick up items that, as a F2P player, they don't otherwise have access to. If you are F2P, how many opprotunities do you have to recieve an Mortal, Immortal,  & Eternal Soulstone as well as 2 Legendary Skill Books?

It also benefits the low to mid-level spenders since these players look for what they precieve as "deals" & would view this as "buy one get one free".

The fact that people believe that events such as this really affect the "whales"at all is actually comical. Those individuals can pretty much buy any of these rewards at almost any time. I consider myself a low spender and as of now I could purchase 19,670 energy, 9 Legendary Skill Books, 6 Epic Skill Books, & 6 - 5* Chickens just from my current "Limited Special Offers" tab in the shop. 

+1 on all this

PLUS

the opportunity to pull 15 leggos!!! (A far cry) or 15 opportunities to pull A leggo.  You're going to open them sooner or later.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2023, 17:2403/21/23
02/24/19
Kankle69

Couldn't agree more.

And the whale offers, those packs can be 100-200 bucks each. Think about the amount of stuff in a 200 dollar pack compared to your 20 dollar pack. Sheesh.

More events = more chances at getting extra stuff. More opportunities are better. Sure you may not want to participate in this one, but why do you want it taken away from others? I just don't get that.

Mar 22, 2023, 03:0803/22/23
04/30/20
Fathertron

Worth remembering that not everyone is doing the fusion or the fusion events. Those who didn't want to waste their sacreds in the summon rush have a nice treat in this event. IMO a 2x sacred event is a more efficient way of getting new legendaries, than burning them in a summon rush just for fragments of one.

I disagree.  I can look at the fusion and know if I will be able to complete it.  I will be GUARANTEED the fusion champ.  I like the certainty of fusion.  I choose if I want that champ.  I dont get just any random lego champ.  

Mar 22, 2023, 07:3203/22/23
11/19/22
ClosedPoly2

I disagree.  I can look at the fusion and know if I will be able to complete it.  I will be GUARANTEED the fusion champ.  I like the certainty of fusion.  I choose if I want that champ.  I dont get just any random lego champ.  

But if you skip the fusion, are you really going to push to do all the fusion events, including the summon rush?

Mar 22, 2023, 11:3603/22/23
09/02/22
Fathertron

But if you skip the fusion, are you really going to push to do all the fusion events, including the summon rush?

Personally, No. If I am not completing a Fusion I don't bother with the events... unless I see something in the rewards I would like to have. 

In fact, I really HATE having "left over" fragments from past Fusion Champions in my list when they are now impossible to complete. I believe this is one of the QOL improvements that Plarium is adding... to remove, or at least hide, these Champions. 

The thing is, the Summon Rush that Swiftblade is eferencing has nothing locked behind the event. No fragments, no Rare or Epic Champions needed for a fusion, no event currencies, etc.  It's just a normal, run of the mill, Summon Rush. If you want to do it... do it. Get your rewards. If you don't... skip it. You've lost nothing.

Mar 25, 2023, 03:0203/25/23
04/30/20
Fathertron

If I am not interested in the fusion I wont push summon rush.  I can use a few shards for every 2x and save a base amount for the next fusion.  I can keep 3,000 mystery, 50 ancient, 20 each void and sacred as a base for the next fusion.  When I go over I will use them for 2x.  The extra mystery can be used for any summon rush.