Advice about Empowerment

Search
Mar 13, 2023, 20:4303/13/23
06/05/22

Advice about Empowerment

I have two champs I'm considering empowering to +1:

1) Crohnam (with Altan)

2) Ronda (with Cillian)

My faction guardians are empty, but since these aren't normal champs, that doesn't matter.

Altan was one of my first progression champs, used him for a lot of time in dungeons and CB. But now that I'm late game with a broad roster, he's not making it into any teams anymore. I'm not super happy about feeding him, as he is fully booked.

Cilian was my very first leggo, he's still at 50 and mostly sitting in the vault. But he recently got buffed considerably. I'm leaning towards feeding him, as he just takes 2x as many books as newer champions, and his kit isn't that unique or interesting.

Anyways, I don't even know exactly what a +1 empowerment brings, stat-wise. Any advice highly appreciated, thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 13, 2023, 20:5803/13/23
07/08/19

you can see the bonuses from each level of empowerment by hitting the info button in the empower champions section. for +1, you get a 10% bonus to hp, defense, and attack (base stats, not total) as well as +15 to accuracy and resist.

i definitely wouldn't use altan, not with the resources you've already put into him. cillian though, i probably would. it depends a bit on how much you use ronda, but he's not bringing you any value just sitting in your vault.

Mar 13, 2023, 21:2203/13/23
06/25/20

My vote is no, to both. I think you'll get more overall use by keeping them in anticipation of getting copies later on. I don't think the empowering will bring you enough value over the long-term.

Also, don't underestimate the value of Cillian as a TM control champ. I don't know who else you have, but a 50% chance X2 of stealing 30% TM is really, really strong - arguably better even than the much-vaunted Alure (who does 25% x3 TM reduction).

Mar 13, 2023, 21:2303/13/23
09/02/22

I used Cillian to +1 Ronda. In my opnion it was well worth it. He is pretty usless all around and was just going to sit @ 50 in my vault. At the time, I used Ronda everywhere. She's still on my Arena team and I occasionally use her in DT. She's a really good champion and worth the +1.

Mar 13, 2023, 22:3303/13/23
12/19/19

You have no faction guardians? And are considering +1 ing anyone? And you consider yourself late game? 😆 

Absolutely makes ZERO sense to +1 any champ until FG are filled. 

Mar 13, 2023, 23:3403/13/23
06/05/22
Trips

You have no faction guardians? And are considering +1 ing anyone? And you consider yourself late game? 😆 

Absolutely makes ZERO sense to +1 any champ until FG are filled. 

What's your definition of late game? I consider myself that because there's been a real shift in how I value gear. I throw away everything that doesn't have that absolute top-level potential. I run stage 25+ dungeons, do basically all content in the game even if not to the very end (normal+hard hydra, DT hard floor ~100). Would it be fair to say that getting Lydia might be the dividing line? I'm on the cusp of that.

Mar 13, 2023, 23:4203/13/23
06/05/22
kramaswamy.kr

My vote is no, to both. I think you'll get more overall use by keeping them in anticipation of getting copies later on. I don't think the empowering will bring you enough value over the long-term.

Also, don't underestimate the value of Cillian as a TM control champ. I don't know who else you have, but a 50% chance X2 of stealing 30% TM is really, really strong - arguably better even than the much-vaunted Alure (who does 25% x3 TM reduction).

I get that, but he requires 15 books! I'm happy with my fully booked Visix. I have two coldhearts at 60, fully booked Staltus, fully booked Scyl, Alure in the vault (got her really late). Teodor is an incidental speed freak in addition to his main role of KABOOM.

I have a glut of must-build champs incoming (Lydia, Mithrala, Yakarl), so I'll be short on books for months. I would be keeping Cillian strictly for FG, I think there's ~0% chance I'll use him, even after the buff.

Now the question is where would I use Ronda. I haven't actually built her, but I think she's my ticket to FK hard, and I guess she'll be useful in tag arena (maybe not at the top level, but at least up to silver IV).

Mar 14, 2023, 00:4703/14/23
07/08/19
Urlibu FTP

I get that, but he requires 15 books! I'm happy with my fully booked Visix. I have two coldhearts at 60, fully booked Staltus, fully booked Scyl, Alure in the vault (got her really late). Teodor is an incidental speed freak in addition to his main role of KABOOM.

I have a glut of must-build champs incoming (Lydia, Mithrala, Yakarl), so I'll be short on books for months. I would be keeping Cillian strictly for FG, I think there's ~0% chance I'll use him, even after the buff.

Now the question is where would I use Ronda. I haven't actually built her, but I think she's my ticket to FK hard, and I guess she'll be useful in tag arena (maybe not at the top level, but at least up to silver IV).

changing my answer to no if you're not using ronda. burning a vault guardian can be worth it, but only if it's for a champion that sees a lot of play where the empowerment would immediately show results. build ronda, figure out where you're going to put her to use, and see how she performs. then you can start worrying about whether or not to empower her.

Mar 14, 2023, 02:5303/14/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

What's your definition of late game? I consider myself that because there's been a real shift in how I value gear. I throw away everything that doesn't have that absolute top-level potential. I run stage 25+ dungeons, do basically all content in the game even if not to the very end (normal+hard hydra, DT hard floor ~100). Would it be fair to say that getting Lydia might be the dividing line? I'm on the cusp of that.

No real definition, it's arbitrary... and doesn't really matter. I was just messing with you, regardless it seems you are progressing well.  To simplify I would define as:

Arbiter: early game 

Lydia: mid game

Ramantu: late game 

It's a moving target though... most probably would say I am endgame, but I'm always a few steps or more behind imo

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 14, 2023, 03:0403/14/23
12/30/20
Trips

No real definition, it's arbitrary... and doesn't really matter. I was just messing with you, regardless it seems you are progressing well.  To simplify I would define as:

Arbiter: early game 

Lydia: mid game

Ramantu: late game 

It's a moving target though... most probably would say I am endgame, but I'm always a few steps or more behind imo

great post. 

had this conversation last night with some other players. though I understand the need to try to figure out where we're at in the game and decide our best courses of action, I find people get too hung up on the labels that have no real practical meaning to them. 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 14, 2023, 03:0503/14/23
12/30/20

to answer the question, I am almost always hesitant to empower if it's not at least a +2. 

Mar 14, 2023, 03:2103/14/23
06/05/22

Ok, thanks everyone for the insightful comments, I will hold off for now.