All Categories

Raid - Where's the "fun" factor?

Search
Mar 7, 2023, 13:0803/07/23
06/18/22

I'm lvl 63 and have been playing Raid for 8 months. Love the character models and graphics. But, aside from the occassional Arena + Tag Team Arena win that brings satisfaction from putting together a team and beating a higher lvl one, the "fun" factor has been missing for me. I've hit walls in Campaign (Nightmare Deadlands lvl 1) and Doom Tower. Shard pulls are dismal resulting in either "food" champs or champs gathering dust in the vault. Rewards are "OK" from tourneys and events, but usually IMO not worth grinding for them. Tweek some gear here and there. Max. / lvl up champs. Battle. Grind some more. Rinse and repeat. I don't have the time nor the desire to grind away for hours each day. I play for short bursts and look to maximize my time spent in-game. 

One solution is to shut up and play something else. Got it. But, I stay connected with Raid because I'm waiting for the "next great improvement" in the hope that the "fun" factor will be installed for gamers. I'm looking for the excitment of exploring new areas, experimenting with different builds / champs, and enjoying some "freedom" from the gating factors of energy and keys. The real-time PvP arena holds promise as a possible "fun" factor. I sincerely hope so. 

Again where's the "fun" factor for players?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 7, 2023, 13:2603/07/23
12/19/19

You are still early game, not even mid... so the "fun" in putting together a team/strategy to beat new things is vast for you imo.  Ignore campaign, the wall in DT and Tag is where you have significant opportunity for "fun".

Are you mobile only? If not the gating time factor can be mitigated by migrating the grind (12.3 and dungeons) to a PC in the background.  Only "active" time in game for me is hydra (fun #1) and tag (fun #2). 

Mar 7, 2023, 13:4403/07/23
10/18/19

Hurdles in campaign? Cleared nightmare 3 star by level 40 on my most recent f2p with ease lel.. scrubs will be scrubs..

Mar 7, 2023, 14:4603/07/23
09/14/20
ROSHCRush - KEEP

Hurdles in campaign? Cleared nightmare 3 star by level 40 on my most recent f2p with ease lel.. scrubs will be scrubs..

This depends very heavily on the time (Scyl) or luck of shard pulls you have experienced in Raid.

Mar 7, 2023, 14:5403/07/23
06/18/22
Trips

You are still early game, not even mid... so the "fun" in putting together a team/strategy to beat new things is vast for you imo.  Ignore campaign, the wall in DT and Tag is where you have significant opportunity for "fun".

Are you mobile only? If not the gating time factor can be mitigated by migrating the grind (12.3 and dungeons) to a PC in the background.  Only "active" time in game for me is hydra (fun #1) and tag (fun #2). 

Good points! I did migrate to PC several months back and can run grinding in the background. It does help a lot. My active time is Arena and some DT content.

Mar 7, 2023, 17:2303/07/23
07/10/20

I don't think I could ever really explain the fun factor of this game. The grind IS the fun, for me. But to explain that? I can't. 

I'm not anxiously awaiting a great pull, I'm not anxiously awaiting a great piece of gear, I'm just grinding and somehow that is fun, lol

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 7, 2023, 22:0503/07/23
02/24/19
Trips

Getting Lydia, beating the Hard Doom Towers, and Tag. That is the fun factor there.

Oh, and the big one, designing teams that efficiently clear content fully on auto. The meta building, so to speak.

Mar 8, 2023, 05:4703/08/23
04/24/22

My fun for this game comes from the automatic battling system ... where im not obligated to press many keys in consecution like a mmorpg or fps or arpg and can play some other games alongside or be watching a movie or show .

Also comes from the fact i can also play it on my phone at work during breaks , etc ..