All Categories

Need help taking CB to next level

Search
Mar 5, 2023, 03:2203/05/23
07/10/20

I have a fairly successful CB team right now - Brogni/Frozen Banshee/Vogoth/Champfort/Fatman. 

It either just misses 2 keying Nightmare, or just gets enough, so it's time for me to advance this team a bit. 

The big void on the team is clearly the absence of Weaken. 

The second thing is the use of Champfort as my Atk down, it's mostly because i got a soul thingy for him and so he offers the bonus of Brimstone. 

I have lots of options, but I'm struggling with the big vision. 

My squad:

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 5, 2023, 03:2303/05/23
07/10/20

i

Mar 5, 2023, 05:3403/05/23
10/15/20

Your team is good, it can probably one-key NM. I guess you have not speed tuned it properly, and the gear seems a bit weak. Vogoth has no Ring and Banner at all, his Weapon is only 4* and the overall stats are a bit low.

Speed tuning is important for your team, because only that way Champfort can hold decrease atk up for the whole battle. If he is booked, the debuff lasts for 2 turns on a 3 turn cooldown. The stun atack the CB performs is not atk based, the cooldown of Champfort's skill has to be in that round, every 3rd of CB's moves. Use decrease atk as opener and have your team speed on a 1:1 ratio to the CB and everything is fine. On NM that requires all team members between 171 and 190 speed.

Mar 5, 2023, 05:3603/05/23
Mar 5, 2023, 05:36(edited)
06/25/20

One other things that will help hugely - make sure Brogni is running Giantslayer and not Warmaster. It is quite a bit better for him.

Mar 5, 2023, 05:5003/05/23
07/10/20

Thanks, Vogoth is the newest member of the team lol, his gear is the weakest by far. And I ran what had to be 75 rounds of the last spider tourney and got absolutely no ring or banner for him, nothing.

I'll get their speeds fixed ,Champfort is at 165, Brogni 183, Fatman 253, Vogoth 181, Banshee 193.

Thanks!

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 5, 2023, 06:1103/05/23
12/30/20

We need to get Toragi in there ASAP, over either Champfort or Vogoth. He's your best overall attack down and ally protection option as well as bringing more poisons in. Combined with Brogni you'll be able to mitigate an awful lot of damage.

Mar 5, 2023, 21:0903/05/23
07/10/20
dthorne04

We need to get Toragi in there ASAP, over either Champfort or Vogoth. He's your best overall attack down and ally protection option as well as bringing more poisons in. Combined with Brogni you'll be able to mitigate an awful lot of damage.

I've struggled with this. Both Toragi and UDK have dec atk, and they both have shields and some manner of ally protect. But it seems like when I try to use them, that their shields will bump Brogni's out, and Brogni's shield is not only way bigger but it reflects a ton of damage back to the demon lord AND heals the champs.

So despite Torago being so perfectly built to be used in CB, I've felt like his presence weakens Brogni's shield skill too much. 

Have I misunderstood this or does that make sense

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 5, 2023, 21:4203/05/23
12/30/20
Timmer

I've struggled with this. Both Toragi and UDK have dec atk, and they both have shields and some manner of ally protect. But it seems like when I try to use them, that their shields will bump Brogni's out, and Brogni's shield is not only way bigger but it reflects a ton of damage back to the demon lord AND heals the champs.

So despite Torago being so perfectly built to be used in CB, I've felt like his presence weakens Brogni's shield skill too much. 

Have I misunderstood this or does that make sense

Toragi and Brogni can work just fine together, as they're often featured in an endgame CB comp together. Brogni's passive works on any Shield buff, not just his. 

Toragi's decrease attack is going to be more stable versus UDK's due to Toragi's being on the A1, and with ally attack that should be up all the time when not against Force. 

Mar 5, 2023, 22:3803/05/23
07/10/20
dthorne04

Toragi and Brogni can work just fine together, as they're often featured in an endgame CB comp together. Brogni's passive works on any Shield buff, not just his. 

Toragi's decrease attack is going to be more stable versus UDK's due to Toragi's being on the A1, and with ally attack that should be up all the time when not against Force. 

omg, I always thought the passive was tied to the protected shield, that's embarassing lol... ok, well crap, I'd have been using Toragi ages ago, then. 

So if I go with Brogni/Fatman/Frozen Banshee/Toragi/Vogoth it should get me over the hump once I get them geared properly, with the one day hope that I'll pull a decent Weaken champ to work in somehow. 

One follow up question... I'm guessing that it doesn't make sense to work on Narma to one day replace Banshee? On paper, her skillset is the superior one, but I'm guessing that the gains aren't worth the 15 or so leggo books it would take to get her there, right?

Thanks everyone for your help, I appreciate it :)

Mar 6, 2023, 00:0303/06/23
07/08/19
Timmer

omg, I always thought the passive was tied to the protected shield, that's embarassing lol... ok, well crap, I'd have been using Toragi ages ago, then. 

So if I go with Brogni/Fatman/Frozen Banshee/Toragi/Vogoth it should get me over the hump once I get them geared properly, with the one day hope that I'll pull a decent Weaken champ to work in somehow. 

One follow up question... I'm guessing that it doesn't make sense to work on Narma to one day replace Banshee? On paper, her skillset is the superior one, but I'm guessing that the gains aren't worth the 15 or so leggo books it would take to get her there, right?

Thanks everyone for your help, I appreciate it :)

you're correct that narma wouldn't be worth the investment. she's a solid cb champ, but most of what she offers you already have on your team and she has very limited utility elsewhere.

that said, the biggest reason you shouldn't build narma to replace fb is that you should use bad-el to replace fb. his passive will have a huge impact on your overall damage (it's a lot like a mini-weaken) and his healing will largely make vogoth redundant, meaning you can drop him for a weaken champ or another dps when you have a good candidate.

i'd also suggest changing the blessing on fahrakin to improve your damage output. cruelty or phantom touch will both be much more useful.

Mar 6, 2023, 00:3403/06/23
Mar 6, 2023, 00:35(edited)
07/10/20
Carpe_Piscis

you're correct that narma wouldn't be worth the investment. she's a solid cb champ, but most of what she offers you already have on your team and she has very limited utility elsewhere.

that said, the biggest reason you shouldn't build narma to replace fb is that you should use bad-el to replace fb. his passive will have a huge impact on your overall damage (it's a lot like a mini-weaken) and his healing will largely make vogoth redundant, meaning you can drop him for a weaken champ or another dps when you have a good candidate.

i'd also suggest changing the blessing on fahrakin to improve your damage output. cruelty or phantom touch will both be much more useful.

I remember looking into Bad-el as a CB champ but I struggled to figure out how to gear him, he seems like he can heal through damage output on his A1 which would make all-out damage output his goal, or simply through his continuous heals which would mean a more traditional hp/def slant. 

My main concern is always watching the 10 debuff limit. 

Bad-el in place of banshee would make sense how you described it, 20% more damage when the target is under poison is just 5% shy of a weaken. And the number of debuffs placed would roughly even out, there. But Banshee is prob my top damage dealer at this time.

Could he also make sense swapped in to Fatman's place? Fatty's hp burn is redundant because brogni's is placed consistently. His poisons will be less crucial once i bring toragi in. So he ends up being a dec def guy, really, and an occasional ally attack damage bonus. 

If I brought in bad-el in place of fatman, it would keep the poison numbers constant, keep banshee's 25% bonus damage, AND add bad-el's 20% bonus damage. Would that make sense? The only thing I would be lose is the dec def. 

Mar 6, 2023, 01:0603/06/23
07/08/19
Timmer

I remember looking into Bad-el as a CB champ but I struggled to figure out how to gear him, he seems like he can heal through damage output on his A1 which would make all-out damage output his goal, or simply through his continuous heals which would mean a more traditional hp/def slant. 

My main concern is always watching the 10 debuff limit. 

Bad-el in place of banshee would make sense how you described it, 20% more damage when the target is under poison is just 5% shy of a weaken. And the number of debuffs placed would roughly even out, there. But Banshee is prob my top damage dealer at this time.

Could he also make sense swapped in to Fatman's place? Fatty's hp burn is redundant because brogni's is placed consistently. His poisons will be less crucial once i bring toragi in. So he ends up being a dec def guy, really, and an occasional ally attack damage bonus. 

If I brought in bad-el in place of fatman, it would keep the poison numbers constant, keep banshee's 25% bonus damage, AND add bad-el's 20% bonus damage. Would that make sense? The only thing I would be lose is the dec def. 

that would be a terrible idea. first and foremost, decrease defense is huge. i'd go so far as to say it's the most important debuff for cb after decrease attack. losing that alone will result in a massive damage loss. i think you'll also find you gain more damage than you might think from his a3. there's the ally attack itself of course, but the buffs will add on a fair bit as well.

on top of that, poison sensitivity really isn't that good. using the setup i suggested as an example, you have 4 slots taken up already by decrease atk, decrease def, hp burn, and leech (or weaken if you find a replacement for vogoth). the remaining slots can either be taken up by 6 poisons or by poison sensitivity and 5 poisons, which does the damage equivilent of 6.25 poisons. it's a negligible improvement that doesn't begin to touch what the fatman brings to your team.

regarding BeK, i'd probably just build him tanky. he's never going to hit all that hard even if you try to build him for damage and the heals from his a1 are going to be correspondingly small. it's a nice li'l bonus, but his a2 is where the real healing comes from.

Mar 6, 2023, 01:2303/06/23
07/10/20

I appreciate the input! I'll take a week or two to tinker and report back when I can consistently see the 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 6, 2023, 02:3103/06/23
02/24/19
Carpe_Piscis

This is an excellent plan. Phantom Touch on Fatman will help get a little more damage into CB, and Bad El should help increase the damage from all sources while still bringing some poisons and more sustain.

Then, when you get a classic CB DPS, stuff like Jintoro or Draco or defensive DPS sources like Rhazin  Altan (even the squishier offensive boy like Anax) you rip out Vogoth and replace. You're just missing that last super decent CB DPS at this point.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 6, 2023, 02:3603/06/23
02/24/19

Narma is like a B tier CB DPS. She has done fine in two teams I've made over the past two years during takeovers, but isn't the end all in CB DPS.

Here is her booked, in a 1:1 Double Maneater team with pretty mediocre gear the last time I built her out for someone.

i

Apr 3, 2023, 17:2704/03/23
07/10/20

Hey all, so an update on my CB journey... I've got Toragi to lvl 60 and am using Bad-el now as well. The overall damage is equal to the original lineup, but I've got a number of gear hurdles I'm still working to overcome. 

So the current lineup is Bad-el/Fatman/Brogni/Vogoth/Toragi (although when CB is green I'm still using Banshee in place of Bad-el as the damage swing is significant). 

But... I just pulled White Dryad Nia and I figure its time to rethink again lol. Her passive would add to the overall healing by quite a bit, strengthen would add to the damage total, but its that A2 that has me thinking..., could that A2 target brogni and somehow let him keep using his grow shield skill more often? I also have sandlashed survivor, so am I crazy for thinking I could make a sort of low budget infinity shield somehow?

Apr 3, 2023, 17:5704/03/23
06/25/20

Quite simply, Nia cannot work on most CB teams. You just throw all your rotations off completely. You'll invariably end up getting stunned, or having the block debuffs not be active at the right time for green CB, or etc.

The infinity shield comp really requires just too many specific pieces to be worth considering. Don't concern yourself with it.

Apr 3, 2023, 18:1604/03/23
07/10/20

Basically she needs a plan built entirely around her,  in essence?

I see what you are saying,  why undo absolutely everything to try something that complicated

Thanks a always!

Apr 3, 2023, 19:5304/03/23
Apr 3, 2023, 19:54(edited)
06/25/20

No, I expect there is literally no way to build a team around Nia. It's almost impossible to build teams when you can't control cooldowns to operate in the right order.

I suppose there could be some extremely gimmicky team built around like, Nia and someone like Blind Seer, relying on the fact that everyone else will not be taking damage so Nia is guaranteed to be using her A2 on the same person - but it's just super niche.