All Categories

Candy Blessing

Candy Blessing

Search
Feb 20, 2023, 16:1502/20/23
02/11/21

Candy Blessing

Had a Soul Reap on Candy (5* soul) teamed up with Krisk, Duchess and Mithrala. I rely on Krisk's shield and Candy's veil to endure the nuke, but buff strippers have been a pain to deal with. Wondering about switching to Lightning Cage and possibly replacing Mithrala with Pythion for added damage mitigation. 

Does that sound like a sound strategy or am I overslooking some glaring holes in the plan. Blessing change is the focus, but if you have any thoughts on Mith vs Pythion, that would be appreciated, too. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 20, 2023, 16:2802/20/23
06/25/20

I think I'd probably want Pythion on a separate team from Duchess, since they both bring team revives. And I think you want Duchess and Candy on the same team, due to the veil interactions.

Lightning Cage I think is a good option. I'd vote for the swap.

Feb 20, 2023, 16:4102/20/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

I think I'd probably want Pythion on a separate team from Duchess, since they both bring team revives. And I think you want Duchess and Candy on the same team, due to the veil interactions.

Lightning Cage I think is a good option. I'd vote for the swap.

Thank you, Krama. I definitely plan on keeping Candy with Duchess. 

Yeah, my reasoning behind pairing Pythion with Duchess is that they both mitigate damage in different ways, and Duchess' buffs helps damage mitigation from Pythion. An their skills seem complimentary to me where Duchess is more protective while Pythion is more healing/cleansing. I may team them up in other content to see how well they interact. 

Feb 20, 2023, 16:4802/20/23
06/25/20

The other factor to keep into account - neither Duchess nor Pythion will do anything at all if they are dead or CC'ed before they get a turn. And given debuffers will often be running 600+ ACC, unless you are running 700+ RES on those champs, you're not gonna resist the debuffs.

Mithrala, on the other hand, can easily get 1000+ RES, making her largely immune to debuffs (excluding teams running ACC up). If she is faster than Duchess, that allows her to remove CC from Duchess, and also remove thse nasty debuffs that may knock her out before she gets a chance to act.

Feb 20, 2023, 17:0502/20/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

The other factor to keep into account - neither Duchess nor Pythion will do anything at all if they are dead or CC'ed before they get a turn. And given debuffers will often be running 600+ ACC, unless you are running 700+ RES on those champs, you're not gonna resist the debuffs.

Mithrala, on the other hand, can easily get 1000+ RES, making her largely immune to debuffs (excluding teams running ACC up). If she is faster than Duchess, that allows her to remove CC from Duchess, and also remove thse nasty debuffs that may knock her out before she gets a chance to act.

Good point, that's why I need this feedback. So easy to take Mith for granted. Mine is not quite that high in Res yet (750-ish), but she does run ahead of Duchess for exactly that reason.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 20, 2023, 21:0102/20/23
12/30/20

Definitely want Cage on Candraphon here.

That said, I don't understand - especially in Classic Arena - not wanting or disliking a Pythion/Duchess defense. Having something like a Pythion in extremely HP heavy/tanky Stone Skin and Duchess in a similar - but slow - Bolster build would be absolutely unfun to deal with. Especially if you're adding in any other damage mitigation while keeping your nuker upright...

Feb 20, 2023, 21:1202/20/23
06/25/20
dthorne04

That said, I don't understand - especially in Classic Arena - not wanting or disliking a Pythion/Duchess defense. Having something like a Pythion in extremely HP heavy/tanky Stone Skin and Duchess in a similar - but slow - Bolster build would be absolutely unfun to deal with. Especially if you're adding in any other damage mitigation while keeping your nuker upright...

Well, like I said - unless you're planning on running Pythion with 700+ RES, all you're gonna end up doing is having your whole team CC-cycled. I'd run over the team pretty effortlessly, I think, if it were Pythion/Duchess/Krisk/Candy. My bomb team would just ... well, bomb them to death, while the other two teams would just wear the team down, since it doesn't have enough damage to actually win. Even my old Arb + Kimi + Serris + Rae team would likely win, since I don't think that team is surviving a big Rae nuke with DEF down, even with the Bolster/Shield sets.

Feb 21, 2023, 00:2002/21/23
02/11/21
dthorne04

Speaking of Bolster, is it possible to finish all forge pass levels f2p? 

I do see Krama's point. I don't think it's necessarily against Pythion/Duchess (I actually love the idea of that combo), but rather a nod to Mithrala. To survive the nuke against a speed team, Pythion is probably better, but against another go-second, especially control heavy ones, I could see Mithrala being the preferred choice. I might swap them around as the situation calls. 

Feb 21, 2023, 00:2302/21/23
Feb 21, 2023, 00:24(edited)
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Well, like I said - unless you're planning on running Pythion with 700+ RES, all you're gonna end up doing is having your whole team CC-cycled. I'd run over the team pretty effortlessly, I think, if it were Pythion/Duchess/Krisk/Candy. My bomb team would just ... well, bomb them to death, while the other two teams would just wear the team down, since it doesn't have enough damage to actually win. Even my old Arb + Kimi + Serris + Rae team would likely win, since I don't think that team is surviving a big Rae nuke with DEF down, even with the Bolster/Shield sets.

What do you think of Riho as a cleanser given her passive? Not necessarily a direct replacement of Mithrala's, but as a team cleanser in general. 

Feb 21, 2023, 00:5702/21/23
06/25/20
Balltazer

What do you think of Riho as a cleanser given her passive? Not necessarily a direct replacement of Mithrala's, but as a team cleanser in general. 

Riho is interesting. I'd probably favour her over Pythion for that team, but I'd choose Mithrala over Riho generally. While Riho's passive does protect her a bit, smart teams just know how to play around it. My bomb team, for example, is probably going to have Kimi's A3 eat up Riho's passive and, if it doesn't, then Kymar A2 will. And then even if after that Riho cuts in with her A3, I still have Ukko's A2 to remove the block debuffs before the bombs.

I could see a team with Pythion and Riho being pretty solid, though. I do something similar with Wythir, alongside UDK and Rotos.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 21, 2023, 01:3802/21/23
12/30/20
Balltazer

Speaking of Bolster, is it possible to finish all forge pass levels f2p? 

I do see Krama's point. I don't think it's necessarily against Pythion/Duchess (I actually love the idea of that combo), but rather a nod to Mithrala. To survive the nuke against a speed team, Pythion is probably better, but against another go-second, especially control heavy ones, I could see Mithrala being the preferred choice. I might swap them around as the situation calls. 

Top row can absolutely be done F2P. 

For those teams, I think both concepts work, especially if you're able to get some sheep blessings going. For tag I'd probably just end up splitting them up anyway due to needing multiple teams that fit those molds these days. (Likely Duch + Mith and Pyth on their own team)

Feb 21, 2023, 22:4702/21/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Riho is interesting. I'd probably favour her over Pythion for that team, but I'd choose Mithrala over Riho generally. While Riho's passive does protect her a bit, smart teams just know how to play around it. My bomb team, for example, is probably going to have Kimi's A3 eat up Riho's passive and, if it doesn't, then Kymar A2 will. And then even if after that Riho cuts in with her A3, I still have Ukko's A2 to remove the block debuffs before the bombs.

I could see a team with Pythion and Riho being pretty solid, though. I do something similar with Wythir, alongside UDK and Rotos.

I'm thinking of using her offensively, but I need you to check my train of thought on her build, see if I'm getting this right. I'm torn between an Accuracy build and Immunity build for Riho.

Riho has great debuffs on her A2, and I'm assuming her passive reflecting the debuffs requires accuracy for the landing part. That said, the debuffer builds almost always emphasize accuracy at the expense of resistance (except for Mithrala), so I don't think that part will really require much accuracy.

I can probably get to around 400 Accuracy with Immunity build or around 550 ACC with Accuracy build, both around 250 SPD. I'm leaning towards Immunity to help with control heavy teams.

I also have her 3* soul, so thinking Sheep, Temporal Chains or Lightning Cage to protect the Block Buffs. 

Feb 21, 2023, 23:3502/21/23
12/19/19

Don't understand the immunity build? I use on offense in niche situations against kymar for example. She needs to be fastest on team, so she can purge sleep on team and other 3 go to town. Good with a kymar yourself just slower

Feb 22, 2023, 01:3002/22/23
02/11/21
Trips

Don't understand the immunity build? I use on offense in niche situations against kymar for example. She needs to be fastest on team, so she can purge sleep on team and other 3 go to town. Good with a kymar yourself just slower

I am more worried about the passive being wasted on other skills, like back to back debuffers: Hege+Kymar, for example.

Feb 22, 2023, 14:5702/22/23
12/19/19
Balltazer

I am more worried about the passive being wasted on other skills, like back to back debuffers: Hege+Kymar, for example.

I thought of that immediately after I read my response, lol.  Immunity would be great, I agree. 

Feb 22, 2023, 15:2302/22/23
06/25/20
Balltazer

I'm thinking of using her offensively, but I need you to check my train of thought on her build, see if I'm getting this right. I'm torn between an Accuracy build and Immunity build for Riho.

Riho has great debuffs on her A2, and I'm assuming her passive reflecting the debuffs requires accuracy for the landing part. That said, the debuffer builds almost always emphasize accuracy at the expense of resistance (except for Mithrala), so I don't think that part will really require much accuracy.

I can probably get to around 400 Accuracy with Immunity build or around 550 ACC with Accuracy build, both around 250 SPD. I'm leaning towards Immunity to help with control heavy teams.

I also have her 3* soul, so thinking Sheep, Temporal Chains or Lightning Cage to protect the Block Buffs. 

You're not really asking the right question ... or at least, you're not really providing enough context. Rather than just thinking about building a team that "looks" good, you need to instead think about what kind of teams you plan on using the team against - or, if you're thinking of this from a defense team, you need to think about what kind of teams people will need in order to beat you.

Feb 22, 2023, 15:5202/22/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

You're not really asking the right question ... or at least, you're not really providing enough context. Rather than just thinking about building a team that "looks" good, you need to instead think about what kind of teams you plan on using the team against - or, if you're thinking of this from a defense team, you need to think about what kind of teams people will need in order to beat you.

Right now, I'm not thinking about putting her in any particular team, I'm building her to be a cleanser/healer against control heavy teams. However, I don't want her debuffs to go to waste, either. 

So I guess the question is would it be better to build her: 

1. To Stun high-res targets (like cleansers and revivers) and rely on her passive to avoid being controlled or
2. Help her survive the initial CCs and settle for stunning debuffers and nukers. 

Where I am at the moment, both seem like viable builds, but I don't know how things change further up top. How high are the RES, how common are teams with back to back control champs, what are common team comps etc.

Feb 22, 2023, 16:0602/22/23
02/11/21
Trips

I thought of that immediately after I read my response, lol.  Immunity would be great, I agree. 

Is it a basic Block Debuffs or is it protected? Wondering about Kymars and Ukkos out there.

Feb 22, 2023, 16:1502/22/23
06/25/20

I still can't really answer that question. There are just far too many variables you aren't providing values for. So, instead, I suppose I'll give you some really rough stats on what teams in G1+ tag are running.

• Buff strippers / debuffers that want to debuff Mithrala - 600+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Buff strippers that don't care about debuffing Mithrala - 550+ ACC, or 350+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Debuffers that don't care about debuffing Mithrala - 400+ ACC, or 250+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Bolster/Shield teams - 80k+ HP on at least two champs, providing around 50k extra hp through shields
  • Debuff cleansers that aren't relying on Stoneskin, as well as Cardinal - 700+ RES
  • Bomb nukers - 8K+ ATK
  • Normal nukers - 5K+ ATK, 250+ CDMG, 100 CR
  • Go-first speeds aiming to beat other go-firsts - 360+ SPD
  • Go-first speeds aiming to beat go2 - 300+ SPD
  • Debuff cleanser speeds - 250+ SPD if it is essential that they remove debuffs, 230+ otherwise
  • Regular champ speeds on go2 teams - 200+ SPD
  • Nuker champ speeds on go2 teams - 180+ SPD
  • Debuff cleanser DEF/HP - 3k+/60k+
  • Regular champ DEF/HP - 3.5k+/80k+
  • Non-DEF/HP nuker DEF/HP - zero 
Feb 22, 2023, 17:1802/22/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

I still can't really answer that question. There are just far too many variables you aren't providing values for. So, instead, I suppose I'll give you some really rough stats on what teams in G1+ tag are running.

• Buff strippers / debuffers that want to debuff Mithrala - 600+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Buff strippers that don't care about debuffing Mithrala - 550+ ACC, or 350+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Debuffers that don't care about debuffing Mithrala - 400+ ACC, or 250+ ACC alongside ACC up
  • Bolster/Shield teams - 80k+ HP on at least two champs, providing around 50k extra hp through shields
  • Debuff cleansers that aren't relying on Stoneskin, as well as Cardinal - 700+ RES
  • Bomb nukers - 8K+ ATK
  • Normal nukers - 5K+ ATK, 250+ CDMG, 100 CR
  • Go-first speeds aiming to beat other go-firsts - 360+ SPD
  • Go-first speeds aiming to beat go2 - 300+ SPD
  • Debuff cleanser speeds - 250+ SPD if it is essential that they remove debuffs, 230+ otherwise
  • Regular champ speeds on go2 teams - 200+ SPD
  • Nuker champ speeds on go2 teams - 180+ SPD
  • Debuff cleanser DEF/HP - 3k+/60k+
  • Regular champ DEF/HP - 3.5k+/80k+
  • Non-DEF/HP nuker DEF/HP - zero 

Thank you. I'll use this information as a guide to building my arena champs. 

The role I intend for Riho would be between "debuffers who don't care about debuffing Mithrala", debuff cleansers who don't rely on Stoneskin, and "debuff clenasers, essential that they remove debuffs". 

I think I have the 250+ speed and 400+ ACC covered, and I am hoping that Riho's passive along with Immunity (maybe even stoneskin, depending on quality of my SS gear) can compensate for the lack of RES. 

Feb 22, 2023, 17:2602/22/23
12/19/19
Balltazer

Thank you. I'll use this information as a guide to building my arena champs. 

The role I intend for Riho would be between "debuffers who don't care about debuffing Mithrala", debuff cleansers who don't rely on Stoneskin, and "debuff clenasers, essential that they remove debuffs". 

I think I have the 250+ speed and 400+ ACC covered, and I am hoping that Riho's passive along with Immunity (maybe even stoneskin, depending on quality of my SS gear) can compensate for the lack of RES. 

#1 predictor of g4 success for me is rng in my favor, so more sheep the better is my recommendation.  And other pvp blessings

I do not bother trying to build teams with perfect synergy and optimal stats because I dont have the gear or the champs tbh.  I am looking for 3 teams that will win 2 of 3 on average.... could be 70-70-70 or 90 (nehk) - 60-60

And anything greater than 1.5 EV is worth the fight