All Categories

Bosses are spreading Brimstone on my team now!

Search
Feb 11, 2023, 06:3802/11/23
07/01/22

So not only did you screw up Brimstone for most of us newer players that were struggling on content like Iron Twins in higher stages, or Clan Boss, but now Bosses are also able to reverse it on our team AND Spread it!?

You know you could have just cut the damage in half for the lower ranks right? I'm glad you did a "Free Reset" but that doesn't address the fact that you made ONE Blessing a Double-Edged Sword. You can at least turn off certain skills for Bosses but Blessings there's no control over!

How about you take 5 seconds to code it so it can't be transferred hmm? That's a existing mechanic already, I really hope you guys do some legitimate compensation for all the players you just screwed over!

EDIT: Yes I do think ALL Players should be compensated, when I originally wrote it I didn't mean to say Only Newer Players should be compensated. Sorry about that.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 11, 2023, 06:5102/11/23
09/14/20

How about just compensation for all players? 

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 11, 2023, 07:5902/11/23
12/30/20

Smite being: Spreadable, transferrable and having its duration decreased/extended are all part of a bug that is being worked on.

Feb 11, 2023, 08:5402/11/23
03/11/15

Bug? Isn't that how unprotected debuffs operate? Calling it a bug translates into" Gee, now it acts like a normal debuff, we need to put an end to that"

Feb 11, 2023, 11:1002/11/23
11/03/19

Yeah, blessings wouldnt require accuracy too... or Plarium lied us again ?

Feb 11, 2023, 18:2902/11/23
06/25/20
Edgestorm RD1

Bug? Isn't that how unprotected debuffs operate? Calling it a bug translates into" Gee, now it acts like a normal debuff, we need to put an end to that"

Can't spread/extend any CC.

Feb 11, 2023, 19:4902/11/23
03/11/15
kramaswamy.kr

Can't spread/extend any CC.

Right, but brimstone is damage not CC, just sayin'

Feb 11, 2023, 20:1802/11/23
04/17/20

Why dont you buy a 6 star blessing, everything is fine if you pay.

Feb 12, 2023, 06:0702/12/23
Feb 12, 2023, 06:24(edited)
07/01/22
dthorne04

Smite being: Spreadable, transferrable and having its duration decreased/extended are all part of a bug that is being worked on.

Here's a question: If they actually CARE about the Playerbase, why didn't they Hotfix Brimstone and roll it back to a Protected Debuff while they work on actually coding it correctly? Apologizing with Energy Refills and Demon Lord keys for something this broken is going to feel really insulting when it happens...

Also offering everyone a free "Blessing Change" doesn't help because we'll still have to pay gems to change BACK to Brimstone when it *is* fixed so please do not mention this as a reasonable compensation.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 12, 2023, 06:5102/12/23
Feb 12, 2023, 07:02(edited)
12/30/20
Onikage55

Here's a question: If they actually CARE about the Playerbase, why didn't they Hotfix Brimstone and roll it back to a Protected Debuff while they work on actually coding it correctly? Apologizing with Energy Refills and Demon Lord keys for something this broken is going to feel really insulting when it happens...

Also offering everyone a free "Blessing Change" doesn't help because we'll still have to pay gems to change BACK to Brimstone when it *is* fixed so please do not mention this as a reasonable compensation.

so to be clear here: brimstone in its current state as i described it is bugged

when fixed it still won't be: a protected debuff unless a 5*/6* blessing, will require accuracy for all but 6*, ie what it was before this week, which is intended 

which is why players are being offered a free blessing change that comes after the hotfix for the bugged portion of brimstone 

if you are out of free resets and want to change now (before the free reset) then yes: it will cost gems. but the bugged version of brimstone can be used as an advantage by players, as well.  

Feb 12, 2023, 14:4902/12/23
01/15/21

lol

Plariums testing dept (bob who works every second tuesday of the month) strikes again :)

Feb 12, 2023, 17:3002/12/23
07/01/22
dthorne04

so to be clear here: brimstone in its current state as i described it is bugged

when fixed it still won't be: a protected debuff unless a 5*/6* blessing, will require accuracy for all but 6*, ie what it was before this week, which is intended 

which is why players are being offered a free blessing change that comes after the hotfix for the bugged portion of brimstone 

if you are out of free resets and want to change now (before the free reset) then yes: it will cost gems. but the bugged version of brimstone can be used as an advantage by players, as well.  

Cool tell me this if you can, what % of the playerbase has even one 6 Star Legendary Soul for a Champion that they ALSO have in their collection?

There's 2 Legendaries and 1 Epic that Spread Debuff without a requirement (1 Legendary and 2 Epics that have a requirement) so saying 'Can be used as an advantage by players" is referencing people who have those specific champs.

How about refunding the Essences spent on the 1 Star Legendary Souls instead? 

Feb 12, 2023, 20:5302/12/23
Feb 12, 2023, 20:53(edited)
11/03/19

Can you explain the first point of the core mechanics please ? 

i

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 12, 2023, 21:0702/12/23
12/30/20
Yashomi

Can you explain the first point of the core mechanics please ? 

i

naw, not a developer nor am I in charge of making decisions that materially affect the game. 

I am however happy to pass along non snarky feedback, so please let me know if you have any of that. :)

Feb 13, 2023, 05:5202/13/23
07/01/22

Yes please pass along the feedback that this change goes against the original intent outlined in the FAQ, as well as the fact that the major Youtube Promoters of the game are very unhappy with the changes, not to mention a large part of the player base. 

Brimstone was already bugged when it was wiping out Purple/Green health bars for Dragon and Hydra and that was for months already. Is there ANY ETA on when Brimstone will be non-transferrable?

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 13, 2023, 06:1102/13/23
12/30/20
Onikage55

Yes please pass along the feedback that this change goes against the original intent outlined in the FAQ, as well as the fact that the major Youtube Promoters of the game are very unhappy with the changes, not to mention a large part of the player base. 

Brimstone was already bugged when it was wiping out Purple/Green health bars for Dragon and Hydra and that was for months already. Is there ANY ETA on when Brimstone will be non-transferrable?

that I can do. 

as to your question: the projected timeframe for that fix can be found in the latest raid digest: https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/843_news/42030_raid-digest--10-02-23/

Feb 13, 2023, 14:1502/13/23
Feb 13, 2023, 14:18(edited)
11/03/19
dthorne04

naw, not a developer nor am I in charge of making decisions that materially affect the game. 

I am however happy to pass along non snarky feedback, so please let me know if you have any of that. :)

Thanks! So the blessings was originally implemented to be "very powerfull". Whales are whales, and can buy anything so it is easier to let them out of this now. For an avarage player to get a 6star blessing from the shop (300 eternal essence) takes years because of IT pretty low drop rates and to get a 6star from the market, you must purchase the lower level split souls so it is nearly impossible. The other way is RNG to obtain it from soulstones. I understand that the majority of the players chose brimstone over any blessing because of it is usable in every area of the game, but any team required 1 max 2 member with brimstone and let the other legendaries to go with other blessings, even lower tier ones. But now to get the same amount of potential of brimstone procs our teams require more legendaries with brimstone. Okay, take away protected... fine, lower the chances to land.... fine, put accuracy requirement.... so its not a blessing anymore, it simply became the weakest debuff because of the level of the "blessing" increase the chances to land and has a 4 turn CD !!! So I am peacefully asking what was the original intention of this nerf ? Because I have no idea.

Feb 13, 2023, 15:4002/13/23
01/15/21
Yashomi

Thanks! So the blessings was originally implemented to be "very powerfull". Whales are whales, and can buy anything so it is easier to let them out of this now. For an avarage player to get a 6star blessing from the shop (300 eternal essence) takes years because of IT pretty low drop rates and to get a 6star from the market, you must purchase the lower level split souls so it is nearly impossible. The other way is RNG to obtain it from soulstones. I understand that the majority of the players chose brimstone over any blessing because of it is usable in every area of the game, but any team required 1 max 2 member with brimstone and let the other legendaries to go with other blessings, even lower tier ones. But now to get the same amount of potential of brimstone procs our teams require more legendaries with brimstone. Okay, take away protected... fine, lower the chances to land.... fine, put accuracy requirement.... so its not a blessing anymore, it simply became the weakest debuff because of the level of the "blessing" increase the chances to land and has a 4 turn CD !!! So I am peacefully asking what was the original intention of this nerf ? Because I have no idea.

I can tell you the purpose was not balance, if it was balance then real effort would have been made to make the other blessings useful (no effort was made)

And they would not have left the 6 star blessings every bit as powerful as before.

Feb 15, 2023, 20:0002/15/23
11/03/19

Any update @dthorne04 ?

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 15, 2023, 20:2102/15/23
Feb 16, 2023, 06:31(edited)
12/30/20
Yashomi

Any update @dthorne04 ?

no, and if any changes come down the pipeline - with anything in game - you'll usually hear them from one of our community managers via the news section on the forum and/or the official discord server. 

nerf, buffs or any other changes aren't something you'll see moderators divulge or discuss without seeing official announcements about those topics beforehand.