All Categories

Help with Orc Crypt

Help with Orc Crypt

Search
Feb 8, 2023, 01:1102/08/23
06/05/22

Help with Orc Crypt

So, orcs are my only faction where I'm below level 16 in FW, because I don't have any good champs for them. Originally I was just going to wait until getting some champs worth building. Unfortunately, I have a progress quest coming up very soon to clear stage 14 (currently at stage 11), so I have to make it happen with this roster. 

Any advice? I'm willing to take 1 champ to 60, if that champ will also be useful elsewhere later on (e.g. secret rooms).

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 8, 2023, 01:2502/08/23
12/19/19

Sandlashed is viable in G4 tag, whether worth 60 for you now or not I don't know.  Jorg being a reviver will certainly help complete the faction, but will probably be no use elsewhere.  

I still use Sandlashed in arena myself. 

Feb 8, 2023, 01:4602/08/23
06/05/22
Trips

Sandlashed is viable in G4 tag, whether worth 60 for you now or not I don't know.  Jorg being a reviver will certainly help complete the faction, but will probably be no use elsewhere.  

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I needed. As long as there's a reasonable chance I'll use her, I feel good going for it. For the first time, I'm sitting on chickens and don't have any immediate needs.

I'm already aware that Jorrg is solid, I'll keep him at rank 5 though.

Feb 8, 2023, 01:5302/08/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I needed. As long as there's a reasonable chance I'll use her, I feel good going for it. For the first time, I'm sitting on chickens and don't have any immediate needs.

I'm already aware that Jorrg is solid, I'll keep him at rank 5 though.

Based on your avoidance of classic arena from the other thread, I will hazard a guess tag is not your favorite either  :)

Use arena (classic and tag) as a testing ground for different comps.  The challenge is more complex than static dungeon foes, but you may find it rewarding beating comps that you would have never attacked before. 

I think leaving Jorgg at 50 is also wise.  No urgency there. That's a tough crypt, particularly since it appears rng has decided not to like orcs for you lol

Feb 8, 2023, 02:0202/08/23
06/05/22
Trips

Based on your avoidance of classic arena from the other thread, I will hazard a guess tag is not your favorite either  :)

Use arena (classic and tag) as a testing ground for different comps.  The challenge is more complex than static dungeon foes, but you may find it rewarding beating comps that you would have never attacked before. 

I think leaving Jorgg at 50 is also wise.  No urgency there. That's a tough crypt, particularly since it appears rng has decided not to like orcs for you lol

Ironically, I like tag better than classic. Needing 3 teams means there's more room for not super optimized champs to come in and do some work. I also like the weekly rank-up / rank-down dynamics better: to rank up, you have to fight real teams, there's no way around it. You also need to understand the matchups at least passably well, at least at the level of "my team 1 should be matched against their team 3". I'm currently in bronze IV, can't stay consistently in silver I yet.

Feb 8, 2023, 02:0902/08/23
01/19/21

As mentioned, Sandlashed is conditionally worth a 6* and will help you tank in later stages. She's useful elsewhere as well, e.g. clan boss or wherever you need a boost to survivability.

Jorrg is one of the few revivers you're likely to get for the faction (Shaman too, but she's not great). I would recommend a regen/immortal set on him for the crypts, but he's also a decent TM booster in the arena if you build him fast, in which case he may be worth a 6* as well (or if he needs it to survive the higher stages of the crypts). He's great early, but definitely has a use-by date outside of FW.

Ultimate Galek is fairly good and may be useful in the spider dungeon if nothing else. He also pairs well with Jorrg since his skills rely on having an attack buff on him. AoE HP burn and some TM control never hurts.

Torturehelm you'll need at 50 for fusing Rhazin, but meanwhile you might be able to use him as well, so it wouldn't be a complete waste to level him up. Books would be wasted, but fortunately he doesn't really need them. His passive revive could take some pressure of the rest of your team, but that's pretty much all he does.

Regular Galek is pretty decent, especially for a rare. He does bring an unreliable defense debuff, but it's better than nothing. We're kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but there is a DT secret room that requires rare attack champions where he might find some additional use.

Feb 8, 2023, 02:2702/08/23
06/05/22
EGDNIT

As mentioned, Sandlashed is conditionally worth a 6* and will help you tank in later stages. She's useful elsewhere as well, e.g. clan boss or wherever you need a boost to survivability.

Jorrg is one of the few revivers you're likely to get for the faction (Shaman too, but she's not great). I would recommend a regen/immortal set on him for the crypts, but he's also a decent TM booster in the arena if you build him fast, in which case he may be worth a 6* as well (or if he needs it to survive the higher stages of the crypts). He's great early, but definitely has a use-by date outside of FW.

Ultimate Galek is fairly good and may be useful in the spider dungeon if nothing else. He also pairs well with Jorrg since his skills rely on having an attack buff on him. AoE HP burn and some TM control never hurts.

Torturehelm you'll need at 50 for fusing Rhazin, but meanwhile you might be able to use him as well, so it wouldn't be a complete waste to level him up. Books would be wasted, but fortunately he doesn't really need them. His passive revive could take some pressure of the rest of your team, but that's pretty much all he does.

Regular Galek is pretty decent, especially for a rare. He does bring an unreliable defense debuff, but it's better than nothing. We're kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but there is a DT secret room that requires rare attack champions where he might find some additional use.

Whoops, should have mentioned more explicitly that I'm fairly late game. Already fused Rhazin, Jorrg is way past his best-by date, and I'm doing spider 25 in 20 seconds.

Ultimate Galek is a tough one. Burning rage is only 50%, requires setup, and has a 6 turn CD unbooked. I tried him in spider way back before I fused Dreng, he didn't get the job done (too slow, too much setup, too squishy). Of course I'll keep using him in FW, but I don't want to invest in him further.

Right now I'm leaning towards Yelagirna to round out the team, as she brings AoE decrease atk and a bit of single-target control. I'm thinking she's worth taking to 50.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 8, 2023, 04:5602/08/23
12/30/20
Trips

very very underrated in arena, does quite well in a slow Stone Skin build - among others - these days. had her sitting in my vault until @harleQuinn tuned me into how good she is.

Feb 11, 2023, 01:4002/11/23
06/05/22

I took sandlashed to 60, and ended up with a team that was not quite strong enough for stage 14 when wearing mediocre gear. Luckily, I pulled a Tagoar as part of today's champ chase. What are the odds, to get a faction war god in the 3 days between posting about it here and the crypt opening. Took him to 50 and I now have a team that slaps:

i

i

i

Mar 8, 2023, 19:3703/08/23
06/05/22

Well, I made use of the free gear swapping and to my surprise:

i

Galek is wearing my Hephraak's savage set

Sandlashed is wearing my Staltus' gear

Yelagirna is wearing my best reflex

Tagoar and Jorrg are wearing top-end regen sets.

Yelagirna actually came in clutch. Block buffs to prevent the boss from stealing all my buffs.

Holy fork, I'm actually within spitting distance of Lydia now! Once I get her and Mithrala, I'll start pushing tag arena for real.

i

Mar 27, 2023, 14:5003/27/23
06/05/22

I neglected to take a screenshot from undead crypts. UDK and Husk at 60, Elegaius at 50 for control, lich for TM.

And finally:

i

I struggled so much with this, it just goes to show that the right comp is more important than the raw power level of the champs. I have no reviver, and the only healing comes from fellhound. I had to take him to 60 and slap on a resistance banner to get those meagre heals off consistenly on wave 3. Nazana also had to be at 60, because at 50 a champ may keep themselves alive, but they'll be nowhere near tanky enough to use ally protect.

Spent millions of silver regearing. I had to add 2 pieces of immortal to Hephraak. Eventually dropped the stun set from fellhound for regen, having only a stun set on nazana and the provoke from umbral as control. Drexthar is the wrong affinity for this stage, his provokes didn't land consistently against valks on wave 2.

But I'm finally there. Lydia ready for pickup. Will wait until next fusion announcement before grabbing her.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 27, 2023, 15:5903/27/23
02/24/19

Awesome awesome, congrats!!!