06/25/20

Get ready for the pitchforks!

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 6, 2023, 20:0302/06/23
02/11/21

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Plarium for helping me on my journey to become an f2p player. Soulstones is where 95% of my spendings were going, and with Plarium's help, I think I am finally ready to stop spending completely. 

Feb 6, 2023, 20:1102/06/23
02/11/22

I dont really mind the reduction in % chance. I mean, it was better before, but, I dont liek how they changed the protected part for levels 1-5. Lots of players were relying in part on Brimstone procs to win the Iron Twins and Sand Devils more smoothly. Now the fact that Brimstone lasts 2 turns is irrelevant, It will NEVER last 2 turns in those 2 dungeons (and Griffin will also be affected by this), unless you got it at 6 stars. Very dumb change.

The funny thing is, they want is to move away from Brimstone on our legos and diversify our choices. But this nerf actually will do the opposite. I'm now forced to put it on multiple champions so i can land it more often, because it can be cleansed.

Feb 6, 2023, 20:1402/06/23
01/15/21

Dont mind the reduction in chance to land so much, but now its resistable, cleansable, blockable and transferrable..that is a huge nerf

I assume plarium will be waiving the gem cost of changing blessing?

Feb 6, 2023, 20:1502/06/23
Feb 6, 2023, 20:16(edited)
06/05/22

Am I reading correctly that it will now require ACC to be placed? That makes a huge difference. Healers and supports may have just lost one of the few blessing that actually did anything for them.

ETA: don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with changes being made to brimstone. But this seems like a massive nerf in a completely unwarranted direction.

Feb 6, 2023, 20:1702/06/23
01/15/21
Swiftblade

I dont really mind the reduction in % chance. I mean, it was better before, but, I dont liek how they changed the protected part for levels 1-5. Lots of players were relying in part on Brimstone procs to win the Iron Twins and Sand Devils more smoothly. Now the fact that Brimstone lasts 2 turns is irrelevant, It will NEVER last 2 turns in those 2 dungeons (and Griffin will also be affected by this), unless you got it at 6 stars. Very dumb change.

The funny thing is, they want is to move away from Brimstone on our legos and diversify our choices. But this nerf actually will do the opposite. I'm now forced to put it on multiple champions so i can land it more often, because it can be cleansed.

The reason for this change isnt that they want people to diversify, the reason for this change is not enough people are spending silly amounts of money on soulstones, since they are managing with low awakening.

This is intended to encourage people to whale for the 6 stars

Unfortunately with no mercy etc, its not a good system for whales.

Feb 6, 2023, 20:1802/06/23
01/15/21
Urlibu FTP

Am I reading correctly that it will now require ACC to be placed? That makes a huge difference. Healers and supports may have just lost one of the few blessing that actually did anything for them.

ETA: don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with changes being made to brimstone. But this seems like a massive nerf in a completely unwarranted direction.

Yes it does look like it needs accuracy and block debuffs, cleanse etc will stop it.

Feb 6, 2023, 21:2702/06/23
Feb 6, 2023, 23:33(edited)
02/11/21
Swiftblade

I don't think they want us to diversify our choices, I think they honed in on what blessings people really value and made it so you have to get 6* souls in order to make them useful. Free trial is over lol

Feb 6, 2023, 21:5902/06/23
05/03/20

This is far above my pay grade.  At times, its better to be unaware.  

Feb 6, 2023, 22:1802/06/23
04/17/20

Saves me a lot of time/energy in iron twins now. Blessings for the rich. 

Feb 7, 2023, 14:2002/07/23
09/02/22

For me the Brimstone and Phantom Touch changes are "meh".  

Currently, I only really use Brimstone as a "boost" to my CB & Hydra damage. I normally run it on 2 of my CB
champions and it stays up the majority of the fight. If I see it isn't procing enough @ 15% then I'll just swap out the blessing on a 3rd champion to Brimstone as well.  

If Plarium really wanted to "diversify" blessing choices and not have everyone using the same 2 then they would make changes to Lethal Dose & Incinerate. If you really want to encourage players to use other blessings, remove the arena only restriction from these.  

Let's face it, these blessings are useless. Unless there are some extreme changes to mechanics, 99% of the player base is never going to build a Poison or HP Burn Arena team. On the other hand, if these were usable
outside of arena, you'd see more players actually choose these blessings over Brimstone & Phantom Touch.  

As Trevor said above, "The reason for this change isn’t that they want people to diversify, the reason for this change is not enough people are spending silly amounts of money on soul stones, since they are managing with low awakening. This is intended to encourage people to whale for the 6 stars."