All Categories

Are secret skills like Peril not considered as active skills?

Search
Feb 3, 2023, 15:1102/03/23
10/15/20

Mortu-Macaab can use Peril while block active skills debuff is active. Are secret skills a third category beside active skills and passive skills? Why isn't it blocked?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 3, 2023, 15:1502/03/23
09/02/22

I believe Peril is a Passive skill. Ronda is a good counter with her A2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Feb 3, 2023, 15:2002/03/23
12/19/19
Kankle69

I believe Peril is a Passive skill. Ronda is a good counter with her A2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Not exactly correct.  Mu understanding is that blocking the passive prevents the activation of the skill.  So if the skill has already been activated from a prior hit, blocking the passive soes not prevent Mortu from using peril.  Blocking active skills does nothing.

Feb 3, 2023, 18:3802/03/23
01/15/21

Just provoke 

Feb 3, 2023, 18:4002/03/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Just provoke 

Rare to see a mortu without stoneskin these days

Feb 3, 2023, 19:1902/03/23
09/02/22
Trips

Not exactly correct.  Mu understanding is that blocking the passive prevents the activation of the skill.  So if the skill has already been activated from a prior hit, blocking the passive soes not prevent Mortu from using peril.  Blocking active skills does nothing.

Not disagreeing with you, but now I'm currious and just want to make sure I understand. 

The description reads "Has a 20% chance to unlock a secret skill, Peril, for 1 turn when attacked". So your explanation makes sense.

A hit on Mortu actually procs Peril before the Block Passive Skills from Ronda lands. Therefore, the Peril attack goesout. 

But after that are future Perils blocked as long as the Block Passive debuff is on him?.

Also, does the same apply to stuns / sleep.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 3, 2023, 19:3402/03/23
Feb 3, 2023, 19:34(edited)
12/30/20
Trips

pretty much none, really want a Harima...>_<

and yep: the tl;dr is once peril is proc'd, there's no way to stop the one that's already waiting to delete one of your champs but the block passive stops peril from popping up later. 

Feb 3, 2023, 19:4402/03/23
10/15/20

But why does block active skills not stop him from using Peril? He has a passive, Fiery Rage, that unlocks Peril. Peril itself is still a "normal" skill, he has to use it in his turn. Peril is only unlocked, not activated by his passive, unlike, for example, Dark Elhains A2, wich gets activated immediately when she recieves a freeze debuff.

The debuff description of block active skills literally says: "Prevents the Champion with debuff from using Active Skills other than their Default Skill for the duration of the debuff."

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 3, 2023, 19:5402/03/23
12/30/20
Skadi

But why does block active skills not stop him from using Peril? He has a passive, Fiery Rage, that unlocks Peril. Peril itself is still a "normal" skill, he has to use it in his turn. Peril is only unlocked, not activated by his passive, unlike, for example, Dark Elhains A2, wich gets activated immediately when she recieves a freeze debuff.

The debuff description of block active skills literally says: "Prevents the Champion with debuff from using Active Skills other than their Default Skill for the duration of the debuff."

Because it's not an active skill and isn't treated as such. 

Feb 3, 2023, 20:1102/03/23
01/15/21
Trips

If i am fighting a mortu team i try and avoid hitting him  until it is gone

Its amazing how if i hit the enemy mortu just once, he perils however, but my own mortu can go 20 minutes without a proc

Feb 3, 2023, 20:3602/03/23
06/05/22
Kankle69

Not disagreeing with you, but now I'm currious and just want to make sure I understand. 

The description reads "Has a 20% chance to unlock a secret skill, Peril, for 1 turn when attacked". So your explanation makes sense.

A hit on Mortu actually procs Peril before the Block Passive Skills from Ronda lands. Therefore, the Peril attack goesout. 

But after that are future Perils blocked as long as the Block Passive debuff is on him?.

Also, does the same apply to stuns / sleep.

Ronda's block passive actually goes on before she hits, precisely because there are a lot of passives that interact with being attacked.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 3, 2023, 20:3802/03/23
Feb 3, 2023, 20:39(edited)
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Its amazing how if i hit the enemy mortu just once, he perils however, but my own mortu can go 20 minutes without a proc

Offensive and Defensive Peril just seem to hit different, don't they. I went a bit over 14 minutes the other day on auto without my Mortu periling, against two champs with at least 1 AoE attack. Was fun. Makes me want to believe the tinfoil hat theories about how he sometimes just decides he's not gonna Peril on Offense. lol

I mean, it's just a ridiculous stretch of RNG that sticks out over thousands and thousands of Tag fights.... but boy it makes you want to believe the theories. lol

Feb 3, 2023, 20:5602/03/23
10/15/20
Trevor Wilson

The same with true fear. The description of this debuff should be: "when used by arena def team, 100% chance that the attacker will lose his turn and have his skill set on cooldown. Has no effect when used by arena offense team."

Feb 3, 2023, 21:4102/03/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Offensive and Defensive Peril just seem to hit different, don't they. I went a bit over 14 minutes the other day on auto without my Mortu periling, against two champs with at least 1 AoE attack. Was fun. Makes me want to believe the tinfoil hat theories about how he sometimes just decides he's not gonna Peril on Offense. lol

I mean, it's just a ridiculous stretch of RNG that sticks out over thousands and thousands of Tag fights.... but boy it makes you want to believe the theories. lol

DONT FEED THE BEARS!!! lol

I have fought Mortu 1000s of times and can assure everyone that I've been both lucky to avoid peril for long fights and triggered it with one hit... and no I will not record every battle for a week as proof.  

My rough estimate is that it triggers exactly as described in the skill :)

I actually no longer avoid Mortu at all, its a win more often than not.  And usually a quick battle either way, so worth the risk.  There is so much rng that can get you, that it is just a minor annoyance now.  Sheep is still far more irritating...