All Categories

CB need help

CB need help

Search
Feb 3, 2023, 14:4502/03/23
11/20/22

CB need help

Hey!

So I want to go to the next level with my game, meaning doing Nightmare+Brutal a day, but it looks hard right now... I can 4 key Nightmare, and 2 key Brutal, which exactly takes 2 more keys then that I have a day, so pls help!

If someone would be up for it, I can give my Discord id, and talk about it! Would be much more helpful right now. Thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 3, 2023, 15:0602/03/23
10/15/20

Why don't you just post your champion roster here?

Feb 3, 2023, 15:2002/03/23
11/20/22

I was curious if the first comment would be this, or someone would actually try to discuss this somewhere else

Here is the roster

i

I'm using Skullcrusher, Vogoth, Apo, Aothar and Athel

I leveled up Lightsworn to put in place of Athel, but can't get enough value out of it. He has no masteries, sure, but I hoped he would make some good difference in the turn count, like go 25+ turns Brutal, and 20+ on Nightmare. Well not yet

Feb 3, 2023, 16:4602/03/23
Feb 3, 2023, 16:47(edited)
10/15/20

Your actual team has a big problem, it lacks decrease attack as the most crucial debuff for non-unkillable teams. It also lacks decrease def.

--> Rearguard Sergeant brings both.

Her decrease atk is (booked) on a 3 turn cooldown and lasts 2 turns. That is enough, if your team is speed tuned to the boss and she uses it in turn 1. In turn 3 of the cycle, the boss uses his stun hit, that is not based on his atk, so no debuff here is ok.

Speed for all champs a bit higher than 170 (what is the speed of the NM Clanboss).

Skullcrusher, Rearguard Sergeant, Athel (weaken!), Aothar, Vogoth.

No masteries that increase turnmeter and therefore bring your speed tune out of order (Arcane Celerity, Rapid Response).

Feb 3, 2023, 17:1102/03/23
11/20/22
Skadi

Your actual team has a big problem, it lacks decrease attack as the most crucial debuff for non-unkillable teams. It also lacks decrease def.

--> Rearguard Sergeant brings both.

Her decrease atk is (booked) on a 3 turn cooldown and lasts 2 turns. That is enough, if your team is speed tuned to the boss and she uses it in turn 1. In turn 3 of the cycle, the boss uses his stun hit, that is not based on his atk, so no debuff here is ok.

Speed for all champs a bit higher than 170 (what is the speed of the NM Clanboss).

Skullcrusher, Rearguard Sergeant, Athel (weaken!), Aothar, Vogoth.

No masteries that increase turnmeter and therefore bring your speed tune out of order (Arcane Celerity, Rapid Response).

Yeah, that was my concern that I don't have dec atk, that's why I thought to bring in Lightsworn (dec atk and def up). So then Rearguard would be better option? She has it in 75% when booked, Lightsworn on 100%. Also if I bring her in, should I just turn off her A3?

Concerning the speeds: Lightsworn is the slowest on 180, everyone else is on 190-192, Apo is on 254. Should I lower everyones speed to around 170?

And the other part is stun targeting. Right now Skullcrusher is my stun target, but that throws off his Ally protect, but I don't know who to make the stun target. Vogoth would be nice, but I just cannot do it, cause I need him with high hp, since he's HP based. I cannot go for Apo either, since he needs to boost the team...

Ohm sh..., sry I didn'r realize that in your suggestion there is no Apo. Then I should go with Athel to be the stun target?

Feb 3, 2023, 19:3602/03/23
10/15/20
Wandor

Yeah, that was my concern that I don't have dec atk, that's why I thought to bring in Lightsworn (dec atk and def up). So then Rearguard would be better option? She has it in 75% when booked, Lightsworn on 100%. Also if I bring her in, should I just turn off her A3?

Concerning the speeds: Lightsworn is the slowest on 180, everyone else is on 190-192, Apo is on 254. Should I lower everyones speed to around 170?

And the other part is stun targeting. Right now Skullcrusher is my stun target, but that throws off his Ally protect, but I don't know who to make the stun target. Vogoth would be nice, but I just cannot do it, cause I need him with high hp, since he's HP based. I cannot go for Apo either, since he needs to boost the team...

Ohm sh..., sry I didn'r realize that in your suggestion there is no Apo. Then I should go with Athel to be the stun target?

I totally missed that Lightsworn can put out decrease atk, I just had his increase def and revive in mind. I would change my team recommendation, use him instead of Rearguard Sergeant. Especially, as he is allready rank 6 and she is not. Vogoth, Lightsworn, Athel, Skullcrusher, Aothar.

But before he can really improve your team, you should visit the Minotaur. All champs need Warmaster/Giantslayer. When Apo leaves the team, leech is the only healing the team has. The extra damage from tier 6 masteries can leech health, absolutely necessary to stay alive.

On the long run, Athel will leave the team next, but for now, it will work. Later on, maybe Scabrius may take her job (weaken) and Vogoth's part (leech) at the same time and you could add Ronda. But don't try to many changes at once, complete Lightsworn (Minotaur, Ascension) first.

For speeds: Just test it. Watch the first rounds of the fight. If they are in an 1 : 1 order to the CB, everything is ok. All 5 of your champs go, then the CB gets a turn, all 5 of your champs go, the CB gets a turn...

Stun target: The CB will prefer to stun champs of weak affinity. If there are none of these (if you fight him at void stage, for example), he will take the team order into account and prefers to stun the team leader. If you want Vogoth to be the stun target, put him as team leader. His aura is for all battles, so you would get a small benefit from that on top.

Feb 3, 2023, 21:0802/03/23
11/20/22
Skadi

I totally missed that Lightsworn can put out decrease atk, I just had his increase def and revive in mind. I would change my team recommendation, use him instead of Rearguard Sergeant. Especially, as he is allready rank 6 and she is not. Vogoth, Lightsworn, Athel, Skullcrusher, Aothar.

But before he can really improve your team, you should visit the Minotaur. All champs need Warmaster/Giantslayer. When Apo leaves the team, leech is the only healing the team has. The extra damage from tier 6 masteries can leech health, absolutely necessary to stay alive.

On the long run, Athel will leave the team next, but for now, it will work. Later on, maybe Scabrius may take her job (weaken) and Vogoth's part (leech) at the same time and you could add Ronda. But don't try to many changes at once, complete Lightsworn (Minotaur, Ascension) first.

For speeds: Just test it. Watch the first rounds of the fight. If they are in an 1 : 1 order to the CB, everything is ok. All 5 of your champs go, then the CB gets a turn, all 5 of your champs go, the CB gets a turn...

Stun target: The CB will prefer to stun champs of weak affinity. If there are none of these (if you fight him at void stage, for example), he will take the team order into account and prefers to stun the team leader. If you want Vogoth to be the stun target, put him as team leader. His aura is for all battles, so you would get a small benefit from that on top.

All right, then I will go with this team. I tried to use Vogoth as stun target, but skullcrusher alwazs had the counterattacks up, so didn't get any proper experience. I thought after affinity the lowest max-hp would come in priority, but I test that out.

Also I'm trying the speed on deadwoodjedi's CB calculator, and yeah... I need to cut like 15-20 speeds to be exactly good... That hurts my heart :( I tried so hard to get them to more speed :D

Thanks for the tips! I check in, when I have the team running

Feb 4, 2023, 15:5702/04/23
11/20/22

Update: I built my new team: Vogoth, Skullcrusher, Athel, Aothar and Lightsworn

I made the mastery grind for Lightsworn, so no problem on that end. My new proble is: stun target...

I built Athel with less HP than Skullcrusher to make her the target, but it doesn't seem to work...

Here are the builds for all of the champs

i

i

i

i

i

So 2 things: I am really down on Sacred Order banners, I have only for Aothar... It seems I just cannot get any with my luck...

The other is that Lightsworn has his A3 (def up and resurrect on death) on 4 turns, so booked, but his A2 is also on 4 turn, not booked. This maybe 1 problem, buit my real problem is that Skullcrusher get targeted with the stun. Can someone advice some solution for this?

Feb 4, 2023, 17:2102/04/23
11/19/22

I thought demon lord always stunned the leader??

Feb 4, 2023, 17:3202/04/23
11/20/22
Fathertron

I thought demon lord always stunned the leader??

Not even close unfortunately... There are a few videos on this matter (HH gaming network, i think DWJ as well), but even with those I cannot figure out the problem.

Just to negate this "alwys stuns the leader" theory: i put Vogoth in the lead (high HP and ACC aura) -never get stunned. Not even once

Feb 4, 2023, 22:1702/04/23
11/20/22

So, big question: based on DWJ's stun targeting post, if I put steadfast on Skullcrusher, then he won't be targeted even if he has the lowest max-hp from the comp, right? 

Feb 5, 2023, 08:1102/05/23
11/20/22

Okay, I think I got my problem solved with a pull...

I just got Korugar this morning. I think he is going to provide me with much more protection than Skullcrusher, and although I lose the counterattacks, my team has a much higher chance to survive with Korugar, plus he brings a full cleanse, so no problem with the stun. Also I can keep him in the clear with high HP, since he's HP based, so if it's not a spirit affinity CB then he won't ever be a stun target