All Categories

Why make good stuff for the game and then nerf ?

Why make good stuff for the game and then nerf ?

Search
Comments
Jan 29, 2023, 18:2101/29/23
01/15/21

I noticed this, i expect a big nerf to brimstone. It is a little frustrating.

But- getting people to invest heavily into a system then nerfing it to be far less useful is ... a very plarium thing to do :)

I do wonder if they will insist on charging gems to switch blessings after the changes?

From a practical pov, not sure how much i will affect me, i am still a 1 key unm without it, and should still be fine on twins without it, but the runs will probably be slower. I should be able to still 1 key my hydra too.

For those who have pushed thanks to blessings such as brimstone however?- if its a big nerf it will be very annoying.

Jan 29, 2023, 19:0901/29/23
12/29/19

My point is they make stuff for the game its a good thing then thney test it ? So if they put it out its on them not on us we work hard to get blessings and dont be fooled im sure its more than just brimstone prob soul reap to any thing good they nerf is whats the point its poor judgment on plariums part to do things like this after we spend money to get stuff put hard work in is all BS !!

Jan 29, 2023, 20:2401/29/23
01/15/21
killerclone187

My point is they make stuff for the game its a good thing then thney test it ? So if they put it out its on them not on us we work hard to get blessings and dont be fooled im sure its more than just brimstone prob soul reap to any thing good they nerf is whats the point its poor judgment on plariums part to do things like this after we spend money to get stuff put hard work in is all BS !!

I have said before

Plariums advertising staff consist of an entire tower block of talented young go getters

Their graphics design team  consist of an entire office of expert programmers and designers.

Their testing and quality dept ?.. consists of  'bob' who comes in for 20 minutes every 3rd tuesday of the month.

Jan 29, 2023, 20:3201/29/23

Because the want more sheeps... LOL

Jan 29, 2023, 20:3401/29/23
06/20/19
Trevor Wilson

I have said before

Plariums advertising staff consist of an entire tower block of talented young go getters

Their graphics design team  consist of an entire office of expert programmers and designers.

Their testing and quality dept ?.. consists of  'bob' who comes in for 20 minutes every 3rd tuesday of the month.

Couldn't be further from the truth.  Their testing dept consists of a million Guinea pigs that actually pay plarium for the privilege.

Jan 29, 2023, 20:4901/29/23
01/15/21
Angwil

Couldn't be further from the truth.  Their testing dept consists of a million Guinea pigs that actually pay plarium for the privilege.

😂 i stand corrected, you are spot on :)

Jan 29, 2023, 21:0301/29/23
Jan 29, 2023, 21:05(edited)
12/29/19
Trevor Wilson

😂 i stand corrected, you are spot on :)

well with all the money they made off us u will think they can get more testers lol I jut watched a video the other day of how much money they made and its billions so yea thats not a good excuse lol but we need to pay the price for that ?

Jan 30, 2023, 08:1301/30/23
Jan 30, 2023, 08:14(edited)
11/19/22

As a newbie player with little experience of Blessings, the research I have done suggests a lot of them aren't really going to be of much use so it makes sense for them to be revised.

As for testing, it reminds me of old table-top RPG days, when you set up a campaign or dungeon expecting players to play it a certain way, only to find them doing very unexpected things you couldn;t account for. :)

Jan 30, 2023, 08:5001/30/23
05/03/20
Angwil

I like the Bob answer better.  I think I met him once when he worked Support for a 20 min shift.  

Jan 30, 2023, 13:0301/30/23
09/02/22

It's actually like this in every MMO (and even more so for those that attempt to balance both PvP & PvE content).  

The root cause is that developers underestimate the creativity of their player base. 

One of 2 things happens: 

1. They release something, it becomes the PvP Meta, a segment of the player base (this is normally the top tier - hard core PvP crowd) complain and things get nerfed. 

2. They release something, it becomes the PvE Meta, a segment of the player base uses it to steamroll through the available content to quickly, and the developer nerfs it to "slow" progression. 

This is even more of an issue for games that lean towards PTW. After all, if you're clearing the content with the resources you have available then there is no need for you to continue spending $$$ to advance.