All Categories

Titan

Titan

Search
Jan 9, 2023, 09:4801/09/23
05/03/20

Titan

Does anyone know what this event is about?  I saw the news today but there are few details.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 9, 2023, 10:1701/09/23
10/01/22

Well we just got the update to application. So nothing out of the ordinary. 

Just keep playing the game and collect some random heros path rewards doing the same old.

Sad.

Jan 9, 2023, 10:3801/09/23
09/14/20

It should be the great 4th anniversary event.

So far it looks like Taage said....it is nothing special...au contraire in my opinion. 

My stance for this is...take the points as you play normally and be happy about some extra small rewards...but overall doing nothing especially for this event.

Seriously...a Elhain as a reward is kind of...not really motivating...so just playing normally without paying attention to these events is what I will be doing...if the Elhain path is symbolizing the other events that will follow...there is nothing in there which even justifies logging into my secondary accounts to play for...just...disappointing.

Wait whether there will be events of the fusion which will overlap with those events and collect what you can...but the way it is designed at the moment, I rate it as another try to drain ressources without giving back much...just take the stuff you get will playing normally

Jan 9, 2023, 10:4001/09/23
07/14/22

If you like cool avatars this event is for you, I however am not a whale so Ill be skipping it and saving my resources for the fusion. 

Jan 9, 2023, 11:1301/09/23
01/19/21

Well, it's a double speed drop for dragon and I've got nothing better to do. Might as well do some dragon runs and see how it goes, I suppose.

Jan 9, 2023, 12:1401/09/23
06/05/22

The Titan event looks like absolute trash to me. Sorry to be harsh, but it pisses me off.

Ok, so first the good things. Let's forget about reaching the higher milestones and just look at it as a fancy way to changing up the rewards you get for running normal tournaments. In that light, it doesn't seem obviously bad. From the current dragon tournament, we see that 1k points = one 1700 level tournament reward. Things like a void shard or 2/3 of an epic book are a bit better than what you'd usually find in that slot.

That's nice so far, but keep in mind that these are not additional rewards, just a convoluted way of getting the same rewards that are standard. Silver, energy, books, soulstones, etc. Now with some extra clicks and obfuscation.

And then the bad part. I'm looking at the 13 week running time, and note that it's 77k points for the highest reward. 13 weeks is 91 days, so at 1k points a pop that means completing one tournament or event almost every day for the next 3 months! You'd have to play all those random filler tournaments between fusions, just so you'll get a single sacred after months of extra effort and attention put in the game... I'm trying to reduce the stress and time commitment of playing raid, not increase it! And there's no way in hell a regular player will ever reach those higher tiers while staying sane. I'm not even sure whales will reach the final milestone (unless they buy the anniversary point pack that will inevitably pop up 12 weeks from now).

This actually reminds me of the deck of fate event we had recently. A big announcement with lots of fanfare around doing the exact same things we're already doing, for the same rewards. Just in slightly different packaging, and introducing yet another currency in the process. The path events at least require you to think a bit and decide which types of resources your account most benefits from. 

Jan 9, 2023, 12:3701/09/23
Jan 9, 2023, 12:37(edited)
06/05/22

To elaborate a bit on why I'm pissed: I have no problem with raid coming out with different special events or offers. Should I go for Elva at a cost of 20 sacreds? What's the value of completing this super hard champion training, compared to preparing for the next fusion? Those are interesting decisions. That's what raid is about.

But on the flip side, there's a bunch of manipulation happening, always. Every such event tries to trigger FOMO. Every such event tries to get me to open my wallet because its a "good" deal. Every such event is a chance for me to miscalculate and spend resources unwisely. I can live with that kind of prodding, it's just inevitable for a ftp mobile game.

But now, they're basically only creating the 2nd part of the effect, all the downsides, but without any upside, as nothing new or interesting is really happening. They prominently display a yellow shard that's impossible to get, to trick people who don't do the math into thinking this is something new, when it's actually just the same old, same old.

Plarium is unhappy with the engagement numbers, so they artificially create engagement by adding several layers of obfuscation to bypass the knowledge the playerbase has acquired (that running random events with the usual prizes right before a fusion is a terrible idea).

Jan 9, 2023, 12:5601/09/23
02/17/19

hi my fellow raiders wheres the best place to get referal friends 

Jan 9, 2023, 12:5801/09/23
01/19/21

I'm more concerned about how the points are earned, and the fact that we can't plan for it. Maybe half the points are tied up in opening shards and we only find out about that at the very end when we're already knee-deep in sunken cost. This is a problem for fusions too, but at least we have a relatively good idea of what to expect based on past fusions. With this, there's no precedent and there's no way to evaluate the cost/benefit. On the plus side, unlike a regular champion fusion, at least we won't end up with 95% of the fragments/points and get nothing out of it.

Jan 9, 2023, 15:0601/09/23
Jan 10, 2023, 07:01(edited)
11/19/22

Was excited about the 4th anniversary events when I saw them. Now I've started playing I can see that it's impossible for newer players to do them, but the rewards aren't interesting for experiened players. 

I mean, the Elhain event I've calculated that through normal use of daily energy only for that I'd only be able to claim the first few rewards from any path. That's hardly an event to get excited about when there's a legendary fragment event in a couple of days. And are experienced players really going to get excited about getting a 3* champion they probably already have, with maybe a couple of ascensions and rare books, plus 50 Plarium points?

I really want to enjoy Raid and don't mind spending some money, but I feel like rather than buy treats and things for fun, Plarium instead is trying to force me to spend hundreds of dollar a month to get anything from the game, and I'm not prepared to do that.

So this anniversary event is falling somewhat flat for me, and I'm already feeling left excluded. 

Matrim said: "My stance for this is...take the points as you play normally and be happy about some extra small rewards...but overall doing nothing especially for this event. "

This seems the best way for me to take the 4th anniversary events. 

Jan 9, 2023, 15:1201/09/23
12/14/15

Had an Elhain, used her as food a while back, now it's the only starter champ I not got, so if I manage to get another will pop her in vault for the doom tower secret room.  Though won't stress too much if I don't grab her. 

Jan 9, 2023, 21:2401/09/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

To elaborate a bit on why I'm pissed: I have no problem with raid coming out with different special events or offers. Should I go for Elva at a cost of 20 sacreds? What's the value of completing this super hard champion training, compared to preparing for the next fusion? Those are interesting decisions. That's what raid is about.

But on the flip side, there's a bunch of manipulation happening, always. Every such event tries to trigger FOMO. Every such event tries to get me to open my wallet because its a "good" deal. Every such event is a chance for me to miscalculate and spend resources unwisely. I can live with that kind of prodding, it's just inevitable for a ftp mobile game.

But now, they're basically only creating the 2nd part of the effect, all the downsides, but without any upside, as nothing new or interesting is really happening. They prominently display a yellow shard that's impossible to get, to trick people who don't do the math into thinking this is something new, when it's actually just the same old, same old.

Plarium is unhappy with the engagement numbers, so they artificially create engagement by adding several layers of obfuscation to bypass the knowledge the playerbase has acquired (that running random events with the usual prizes right before a fusion is a terrible idea).

I agree with your general opinion, but I think the perspective of having/wanting (fomo?) to do every event is pebcak. Especially since we know a fusion (possibly best ever) is upcoming, and may be at the higher level of difficulty compared with past fusions. 

Lashing out at Plarium as being greedy or even predatory... that makes me laugh btw... is a stretch. 

Me saying they are a business simply providing you with different options to buy at your own free will, colors me as an apologist/fan boy.

I will say, no soulstone in dragon tournament bothered me more than the "new" events.

Jan 10, 2023, 01:2901/10/23
05/03/20
Matrim

It should be the great 4th anniversary event.

So far it looks like Taage said....it is nothing special...au contraire in my opinion. 

My stance for this is...take the points as you play normally and be happy about some extra small rewards...but overall doing nothing especially for this event.

Seriously...a Elhain as a reward is kind of...not really motivating...so just playing normally without paying attention to these events is what I will be doing...if the Elhain path is symbolizing the other events that will follow...there is nothing in there which even justifies logging into my secondary accounts to play for...just...disappointing.

Wait whether there will be events of the fusion which will overlap with those events and collect what you can...but the way it is designed at the moment, I rate it as another try to drain ressources without giving back much...just take the stuff you get will playing normally

i was hopeful they would offer dark versions of the original champs.  I would like to get Dark Kael.  

I agree with you.  I do the normal things and pocket whatever I get for free.  Hero Path is the same.  Few hours before it ends I count my points and choose which path I take.  

I do like 13 weeks of getting extra stuff for free.