05/03/20

Gear cleanse...... AGAIN

I keep all boots with Spd mainstat

I keep all speed gear with Spd substat

I keep only gear with % main stat

Rare gear must have 2 good substats and must roll out to double

Epic gear with 2 bad substats is sold

I keep all Lego gear.

I roll all gear that I keep to 8, then sell or upgrade.  

Are there sets that I can sell unless they are triple or quad rolls?  Are there sets that I should always keep the gear, even if its for FW champs?

I need suggestions for hard rules that I can follow to cleanse gear.  I am not good at judging each individual piece.   

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 30, 2022, 01:5812/30/22
06/25/20

Short answer is no. Triple or quad rolls aren't implicitly any better than having an individual roll on separate stats. What you want to ensure is that your items have no "bad" substats. For starters, sell all epic items with flat hp/def/atk subst, and all bottom row items with flat primary stats. That should get you pretty far. 

Dec 30, 2022, 02:2712/30/22
01/19/21

Not sure if you're already doing this, but since you didn't mention it explicitly and it can help you get rid of a lot of gear: be way more picky about weapons/helmet/shields than you are about gloves/chest/boots. Since their main stat is fixed, you will get a much higher ratio of useful gear for those, and thus can safely toss much more of it. For example, I keep some rare gloves/chest/boots if they have good substats, but I sell any weapon/helmet/shield that isn't at least 5* lego or 6* epic without even looking at it.

I also try to be way more selective about more niche main stats on gloves/chest/boots. Atk% gloves for example is not very useful in general, so I generally only keep the very best of those. Same with res/acc chests; I simply don't use them often enough that keeping a big reserve of them makes sense. Non-speed boots and to some extent also atk% chest also tends to get tossed quite often.

For gear sets; I'm more generous with sets I can't easily replace, like relentless. Sets that are made redundant by other sets, such as life to immortal, offense to cruel, accuracy to perception (and to a large extent also life/defense to resilience) I'm way more picky about, likewise with sets that have questionable effects such as provoke, destroy, frenzy, cursed, curing and fury. Frost, daze and immunity also tends to fall under sets that I just don't seem to use very often (though maybe daze will become more relevant with the new artifact ascension dungeon). Also perception and especially resilience, which I can forge hundreds of at a time anyway (currently sitting on enough material for 734 resilience and 1000 perception 5-6*).

That being said, I'm having issues with my gear storage too and apparently need to get way more picky than I already am. Plarium keeps adding more sets for me to save artifacts for (assuming I actually want to use the set bonus), and new content which makes me scared about dumping all my frost gear just in case they suddenly add a boss that must be frozen to be beat etc.

Dec 30, 2022, 03:0712/30/22
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

Short answer is no. Triple or quad rolls aren't implicitly any better than having an individual roll on separate stats. What you want to ensure is that your items have no "bad" substats. For starters, sell all epic items with flat hp/def/atk subst, and all bottom row items with flat primary stats. That should get you pretty far. 

I wondered if Lego rolled out to 1 upgrade on each good stat was high value?

Dec 30, 2022, 03:2112/30/22
06/25/20
ClosedPoly

I wondered if Lego rolled out to 1 upgrade on each good stat was high value?

Just as good as if you had four on one good stat, generally 

Dec 30, 2022, 03:4512/30/22
05/03/20
EGDNIT

Not sure if you're already doing this, but since you didn't mention it explicitly and it can help you get rid of a lot of gear: be way more picky about weapons/helmet/shields than you are about gloves/chest/boots. Since their main stat is fixed, you will get a much higher ratio of useful gear for those, and thus can safely toss much more of it. For example, I keep some rare gloves/chest/boots if they have good substats, but I sell any weapon/helmet/shield that isn't at least 5* lego or 6* epic without even looking at it.

I also try to be way more selective about more niche main stats on gloves/chest/boots. Atk% gloves for example is not very useful in general, so I generally only keep the very best of those. Same with res/acc chests; I simply don't use them often enough that keeping a big reserve of them makes sense. Non-speed boots and to some extent also atk% chest also tends to get tossed quite often.

For gear sets; I'm more generous with sets I can't easily replace, like relentless. Sets that are made redundant by other sets, such as life to immortal, offense to cruel, accuracy to perception (and to a large extent also life/defense to resilience) I'm way more picky about, likewise with sets that have questionable effects such as provoke, destroy, frenzy, cursed, curing and fury. Frost, daze and immunity also tends to fall under sets that I just don't seem to use very often (though maybe daze will become more relevant with the new artifact ascension dungeon). Also perception and especially resilience, which I can forge hundreds of at a time anyway (currently sitting on enough material for 734 resilience and 1000 perception 5-6*).

That being said, I'm having issues with my gear storage too and apparently need to get way more picky than I already am. Plarium keeps adding more sets for me to save artifacts for (assuming I actually want to use the set bonus), and new content which makes me scared about dumping all my frost gear just in case they suddenly add a boss that must be frozen to be beat etc.

Great suggestions.  I will work them into my gear sorting routine.  

Whatever we do today in this game will be wrong next week.  lol  Thats a big part of the challenge and the fun.  

Jan 3, 2023, 00:4501/03/23
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

You gave me some great advice.  It took me a few days for my brain to sort it out.  Lego with 1 bad sub is like a fresh Rare gear with all good stats.  I sold a few pieces of 5* Lego with 2 bad subs.  I cringed when I hit the mouse button but survived.  lol

Am I at or near the point where I should sell most 5* rare gear?  I can see keeping it with Spd subs that roll out.  But, I have so much now.  Rolling it to 12 is a blind risk.  At least with Epic and Lego I know what subs I can hit.  5* rare is unknown past L8.  

I still need to decide which sets should have priority to keep and which I should cull out harshly.