All Categories

A few suggestions for New Player QoL improvements

Search
Dec 22, 2022, 06:1712/22/22
11/19/22

Not sure what the best way is to provide feedback to Plarium on playing Raid - not sure Support email is the best option, but the Feedback & Suggestions board on these forums seems closed to new posts.

Anyway, a few suggestions for for New Player QoL improvements:

1. Name campaign opponents

In the capaigm, there's an information tab that shows you which monsters you are fighting, what buffs/debuffs have been applied, etc. However, while there are images for the champions and opponents shown, there are no names given. This makes it difficult for new players like me to find these opponents in the champion Index, so I'm not sure what abilities I need to overcome. Therefore please include the names of all champions and opponents in the campaign battle info tab.

2. Make Fitting Room more visible

It's difficult to know the fitting room is there without asking or stumbling onto it. Please do consider making it more visible. For example, when on the main Champions page, have it displayed just under the already fitted artifacts. Additionally, please save or cache the last use of the fitting room, as at the moment it's so easy to accidentally click out of it and lose what you've just selected.

3. Scroll bar for artifacts

Please do include a scrollbar to help users scroll through their stored artifacts more easily, please.

4. Advanced Quests

I've just reached a high enough level to unlock Doom Tower, but my champions are still not strong enough to complete the first level. Yet in the Advanced Quests I am now required to complete multiple Doom tower floors to complate the Advanced Quests - meaning I have to pass over this section. Please do not include Doom Tower as an Advanced Quest just because a user has unlocked that game feature - please at least wait until the user has completed at least one level of it before adding it as an Advanced Quest! Alternatively, allow for a 5 level grace period before adding an newly unlocked feature to the Advanced Quests list.

5. Show content of daily login boxes when collected

Sometimes I pick up boxes as daily login rewards, but I have no idea what's in those boxes. If I go to the artifacts section, it can be hard to find them, especially as constant farming means I always have many artifacts showing a red dot as new in the lists. It becomes more complicated if the objects in the login boxes are Accessories because as a new player I'm even less experienced in searching for those. Therefore when picking up content from login boxes, please display to the player what they actually got from inside the box, very much as you already do with the Demon Lord in Clan Boss battles!

6. Show Champion details

When I'm in the "champions" section and look in the vaults, it would be good to be able to see details of champions stored in the vaults as like on the normal champions page. This is because the main Champions page can end up getting filled with food, so potentially interesting champions to develop later get stored in the vault - but I have to keep taking them out to see what abilities they have!

Additionally, in PvE content such as Campaign and Dungeons, it would be good to be able to right-click on my own selection of champion icons for building a team, to see what their abilities are. This is because, as a new player, I do not know what lots of their abilities are, and repeatedly end up having to leave the Campaign or dungeons to go to the Champions section just to see this information. If that champion is the vault I then have to move them in and out as well! Lots of clicking that could - hopefully! - be easily replaced with a simple right-click before battle.

7. Default Demon Lord selection to easy

At the moment, clicking through to the Demon Lord screen doesn't default to the Easy setting. Instead, myself and others constantly find that it's defaulted to select a much harder setting already used by an existing clan member. This means new players often miss out on Clan Boss rewards because they don't realize that the harder setting, such as Brrutal, which requires a much higher score to gain points, has been selected by default. It's not easily clear either which setting is selected on first glance either. Because of this, newer players can be left frustrated with this aspect of the game when they find they get no rewards for it.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 22, 2022, 07:5012/22/22
11/19/22

Also!

8. Make fragment purchase limits clear

For example, Drex in the Tag Team Areana Bazaar doesn't show as limited to 1 fragment purchase a day. I was storing my points here to buy multiple fragments at once - as in the Clan Shop - so now I'm having to get them more slowly than expected, because there was no indication of a purchase limit there. 

Dec 23, 2022, 11:4812/23/22
11/19/22

[quote]

4. Advanced Quests

I've just reached a high enough level to unlock Doom Tower, but my champions are still not strong enough to complete the first level. Yet in the Advanced Quests I am now required to complete multiple Doom tower floors to complate the Advanced Quests - meaning I have to pass over this section. Please do not include Doom Tower as an Advanced Quest just because a user has unlocked that game feature - please at least wait until the user has completed at least one level of it before adding it as an Advanced Quest! Alternatively, allow for a 5 level grace period before adding an newly unlocked feature to the Advanced Quests list. 

[/quote]

I reached lvl 45 yesterday, so today one of my Advanced Quests is to do Hydra - seems a bit premature to put me up against that. :)

Dec 29, 2022, 09:5512/29/22
11/19/22

9. When advertising artifact sets in the shop, please provide the same brief summary of what the artifact bonus is on the ad. New players often have no idea what different artifacts do, and there are so many it can get confusing. So if you want to increase sales of artifact sets to new players please be clear what the benefit of that artifact set is!

10. Please use the in-game news feed to provide the latest news to players! At the moment all new news gets announced by only one of the following methods 1) in-game news, 2) Plarium website 3) Facebook 4) Reddit 5) Youtube streamers. The way it gets spread so thinly makes it really hard to know what the latest news is. For example, today, there is apparently going to be a free artifact removal for the New Year weekend and double rates for all shards. I read this on Reddit, but I have no idea where the information comes from and there's nothing about this on the Plarium website, in-game news, or the Raid FaceBook account. Even Google can only find Reddit as the source of this. Please communicate better and prioritize your own official in-game news channel for news!

Dec 29, 2022, 15:4912/29/22
02/25/22

11.) Offer an exchange system for out of date resources.  Develope a formula that allows for you to trade in Mystery shards for ancients, or a TON of Myster shards for void and sacred.  Allow people to trade specific champion fragments for general fragments, and have a revolving roster of fuzable champions from general fragments.

I have like 200 plus fragments spread out over a bunch of champions because i never completed the fusion.  They are literally just sitting there never to be used again.  We cant develope something that puts that time and effort to good use, even if its to a lesser extent than originally intended?  

I know its been stated many times, but a way to farm books even if it were slow, would be light years better than what it is right now.