All Categories

This CVC was supposed to be personal rewards!

Search
Dec 20, 2022, 12:1412/20/22
01/22/20

They posted this multiple times and now all of a sudden they changed their mind? My fault for not looking before blowing a bunch of points, i should have known.........

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 20, 2022, 12:2112/20/22
06/20/19

They said it would not be back to back like at least 3 weeks ago.  Almost immediately after they announced it would be.  The community made it clear they didn't want back to back pr, rspecially Xmas week.

Dec 20, 2022, 15:0912/20/22
01/22/20

Why would "the community" not want personal rewards as much as possible. Its extra stuff if your clan decides to go for it. So theres two back to back and you only want to run once.... well, pick one as a clan and only do the one. It doesnt cost you anything to lose one for all but maybe the top few clans. I guess i dont get that

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 20, 2022, 15:2412/20/22
02/24/19
trich26

Why would "the community" not want personal rewards as much as possible. Its extra stuff if your clan decides to go for it. So theres two back to back and you only want to run once.... well, pick one as a clan and only do the one. It doesnt cost you anything to lose one for all but maybe the top few clans. I guess i dont get that

I mean, I guess I can see where you're coming from.

But no way did I want Personal Rewards. That stuff tears clans apart, and mostly I see tons of complaints from players about how much they hate Personal Rewards.

Personally, I like the Classic CvC better anyhow. I would personally rather just get better milestone rewards that I'm guaranteed to be able to keep, rather than having less milestone rewards, and then needing to totally empty my Fusion and Tourney resources to try and secure a slightly greater set of rewards. I don't like telling my clans ahead of time that "we're taking the next CvC off" just so we can be sustainable and not drive people to quit.

Dec 20, 2022, 15:4812/20/22
06/20/19
trich26

I can see it from your perspective.  But my point was that they did give us notice a while back that they had changed their minds, whether you are for or against back to back pr.

Dec 20, 2022, 16:3012/20/22
Dec 20, 2022, 16:31(edited)
09/14/20

I would actually prefer if the personal rewards would have really been personal rewards. 

The way it is now, as HarleQuinn mentioned, it is tearing Clans apart as there is always 50% of the players who will not get any personal rewards, no matter what they contribute. There will always be a bigger fish. 

Personal rewards is just a carrot dangling in your front....and at least in our Clan, it led to several players leaving the clan as they demanded that everybody should contribute at least 100k points. Many players in our clan do not see this Personal rewards as their job or CvC as a whole as rewarding (just look at Tier 1 Clan rewards in which most players are). And that is the point...the way CvC is structured it is meant to be a ressource drainage. 

And the way those personal rewards are structured, you are obliged to fully spend your ressources to remain in the Tier you have been placed. Missing even one CvC with PR would mean you immediately drop in the Tier for the next PR....3 times PR in succession means 3 times on full spend modus for CvC....even whales complained about this as there would be no time to collect ressources again....you would have to buy them....for what gain? For 50% of players it would be for nothing as their clan needs to win...

Structure the Personal Rewards as milestones for everybody to reach and collect...that would motivate more players to take part. But make it net-positive and not like spending 5000 energy to get 600 back...

Dec 20, 2022, 18:5212/20/22
07/15/21
Angwil

They said it would not be back to back like at least 3 weeks ago.  Almost immediately after they announced it would be.  The community made it clear they didn't want back to back pr, rspecially Xmas week.

Where did they say this 3 weeks ago? Because I, like the person who started this thread, saw the anouncement that it was going to be a personal rewards one but somehow missed the reversing of it. 

Dec 20, 2022, 19:1912/20/22
06/20/19

You are correct, they announ back to back in game news, but did not give notice of the change in game.  I found out the next day or two from my clan discord.  They made the announcement in the raid announcement discord.  There are a lot of announcements there that are not in game.  Personally I believe that this type of retraction called for an in game announcement.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 20, 2022, 19:1912/20/22
12/30/20
Swampsy Curtz

Where did they say this 3 weeks ago? Because I, like the person who started this thread, saw the anouncement that it was going to be a personal rewards one but somehow missed the reversing of it. 

It was announced in the official server Discord server just over 2 weeks ago, and in the News section on the forum four days back. 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/843_news/41937_raid-digest--16-12-22/

Can't recall if it showed up in in game news or not, but was also discussed on different platforms, showed up in CC videos, etc.