All Categories

Need help building an actual Tag Team…team.

Search
Dec 17, 2022, 04:3812/17/22
06/16/22

I think I'm at that point in the game where I should be starting to get a little bit better at Tag. I'm more looking for specific team synergy as opposed to specific "OP" champs. 

I just recently have pulled Kymar, Hurndig, got Arbiter, got Scyl for my login, got my Drex frags and got my last rare for Rhazin. Feels like I came into a good amount of solid champs recently and want to build them up.

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 17, 2022, 11:4612/17/22
Dec 17, 2022, 11:53(edited)
10/15/20

You allready got Drexthar, the most important reward from Tag Team before you reach gold and could buy legendary books from the Bazar. Looking at your champion roster, seeing so many top tier champs not leveled up and not ascended, you should concentrate on campaign 12.3 brutal and potion keeps for the next time, not on arena.

That said, you have Cardinal. In a Stonekin set, she is the easiest counter for most speed teams. That doesn't work well in arena defense (attacker may bring a champ with block revive), and as attacker you should not do a line-up where your Cardinal team attacks an enemy with Zavia, Foli or Lydia. But Cardinal in Stoneskin (or, if you don't have that set from the Hydra yet, in immunity with very high hp and def), decrease def champ and two attackers will destroy any speed team the enemy brings. The big advantage of such a team is, that the other 3 teammembers don't have to bother about speed or survivability. They die from the enemies first attack and Cardinal revives them with full turnmeter.

With Arbiter and Deacon you can build a classical speed team. Speed and decrease def allready there, followed by a control champ (for example Giscard, provoke on all enemies) and a nuker (Genbo).

Dec 17, 2022, 17:1312/17/22
06/16/22
Skadi

You allready got Drexthar, the most important reward from Tag Team before you reach gold and could buy legendary books from the Bazar. Looking at your champion roster, seeing so many top tier champs not leveled up and not ascended, you should concentrate on campaign 12.3 brutal and potion keeps for the next time, not on arena.

That said, you have Cardinal. In a Stonekin set, she is the easiest counter for most speed teams. That doesn't work well in arena defense (attacker may bring a champ with block revive), and as attacker you should not do a line-up where your Cardinal team attacks an enemy with Zavia, Foli or Lydia. But Cardinal in Stoneskin (or, if you don't have that set from the Hydra yet, in immunity with very high hp and def), decrease def champ and two attackers will destroy any speed team the enemy brings. The big advantage of such a team is, that the other 3 teammembers don't have to bother about speed or survivability. They die from the enemies first attack and Cardinal revives them with full turnmeter.

With Arbiter and Deacon you can build a classical speed team. Speed and decrease def allready there, followed by a control champ (for example Giscard, provoke on all enemies) and a nuker (Genbo).

I understand what you are noting about "so many top tier champs not leveled" - but I did just recently pull / acquire most of these. Also in particular which champions are you suggesting are top tier that should be leveled? Looking for recommendations / confirmation. 

Here's the other thing: the way I level champions I want to plan to use is to start them in Minotaur at 5-1, take them to 5-50, rank them up and finish them 6-60 in Minotaur. On average this is the accurate amount of runs to both get them to max and finish 4 champions masteries in Minotaur. Those 4 champions right now are Kymar, Anchorite, Occult Brawler and Aox. I've had to do a lot of training to get the 20 rank 5 chickens, but I plan on making those champs 60 in champ training tomorrow. 

My next planned batch of Minotaur champs would be Arbiter, Ronda, Scyl, Soulless or Hurndig. Again need some help in priority here - I plan to level / master 4 champs at a time, and it's a long commitment. 

I also generally wait to ascend champions until I can actually use them and when it is CVC. For me there is no reason in ascending a champion I'm not actively using, it's just a waste of resources in the moment. 

Dec 17, 2022, 17:4512/17/22
06/25/20

The minotaur approach is 100% the correct one. You can even streamline it a bit further in some cases by running five people through instead of four + one with gear.

Aside from that, I agree with Skadi. You're really, really far away from needing to concern yourself with Tag arena. You need a deep roster to be able to swap people around properly. Don't waste your time, and more importantly, don't waste your resources. Focus on getting your dungeon teams properly able to handle level 20 dungeons, then make sure you're able to clear doom tower normal. After that, your next priorities should be faction wars and DT hard. Then, Hydra/Twins. And only after all of that, should you be looking into making Tag arena teams. 

Dec 17, 2022, 18:4512/17/22
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

The minotaur approach is 100% the correct one. You can even streamline it a bit further in some cases by running five people through instead of four + one with gear.

Aside from that, I agree with Skadi. You're really, really far away from needing to concern yourself with Tag arena. You need a deep roster to be able to swap people around properly. Don't waste your time, and more importantly, don't waste your resources. Focus on getting your dungeon teams properly able to handle level 20 dungeons, then make sure you're able to clear doom tower normal. After that, your next priorities should be faction wars and DT hard. Then, Hydra/Twins. And only after all of that, should you be looking into making Tag arena teams. 

Gotcha Kram, for reference I'm currently in Bronze 4 sitting around 400k team between the 3. Most of the opponents I run into (while in yellow) are about 400-600k teams, usually with generally better team compositions. I'm thinking it would be smart to be in Silver for the Void Shard and Epic Tomes, but it's hard to get to Green in my current position. 

The other things are my current goal. My largest goal right now is UNM CB, I've been working really hard to get a better roster for my team and trying to implement an Ally Protect team with White Dryad Nia right now. 

I can easily do level 20 dungeons right now, with the exception of FK taking like 5 minutes. I'm on Dragon 24 and Spider 23 (brink of 24). 

For Doom Tower, I'm having trouble with the Scorpion (I know use Bloodhshield rings) and some of the other ones during this rotation. 

i