All Categories

What's the deal with Tag Arena tiers? It's broken for me

Search
Dec 16, 2022, 06:5812/16/22
12/16/22

Its too easy for me to get promoted to a tier that is too difficult for me.

Context: I hate Tag Arena but sometimes I want to do the advanced quest or get some gold bars. I don't do it religiously, I don't even do the advanced quest most days it feels like. That being said, how come I'm in silver 1 ? (currently set to go up a rank). I don't belong in silver 1, I often can't beat a single team on my list. Why does it take so few wins to go up a rank?

It sucks having to refresh so many times to find any teams to fight. I get that I can just fight teams and lose to complete the quest, but that feels like a lame solution. If I don't belong in this tier I'd really rather the game just take me down. Do I really need to put in 1 man defenses to drop a tier? Why is it designed this way? Shouldn't it be that you naturally are placed in a tier you actually belong in?

Mod Edit: Edited out scammer links. Forum users, please do not click any links in this thread or this post -Quinn

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 16, 2022, 07:1112/16/22
02/24/19

If you made it to Silver 1, first of all, congrats! Many people struggle ever making it into Silver Tag at all.

Secondly, if your teams are good enough you don't fall tiers, you belong in that tier. If you wish to fall back and the strength of your teams prevent people from hitting you, or prevent you from losing enough points, you'll probably need to put in a one champ team, just like you said. :)

Dec 16, 2022, 07:1312/16/22
Dec 16, 2022, 07:21(edited)
11/19/22

I'm right at the bottom of Tag Team rankings (797 at present), with a weak single champion for each team. My offence team has a total team power of 82K, yet I'm still routinely pitted against opponents with 5x that!

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 16, 2022, 07:2912/16/22
02/24/19
Fathertron

I'm right at the bottom of Tag Team rankings (797 at present), with a weak single champion for each team. My offence team has a total team power of 82K, yet I'm still routinely pitted against opponents with 5x that!

Tag Team is most certainly a late game endeavour for many, and is the real Arena for those of us who are late and endgame.

Progressing there usually requires you to build 3 very solid teams that can compete in G5 with absolutely no issues. And progressing into Gold 3 or Gold 4 usually requires you to have Plat Reset quality teams. So teams that can make Plat in Classic Arenaa the hour or two before reset, and even the last few minutes of reset.

I wouldn't stress too much about Tag until you have made at least top chest Nightmare Clan Boss. And likely top chest UNM Clan Boss. Until then, you are spending resources trying to progress there that could go into farming for the gravy train that is CB chests.

Dec 16, 2022, 07:4612/16/22
11/19/22

It's okay, am not looking to progress in Tag Team - am just farming the easiest opponents to help speed up getting Drex. :)

Dec 16, 2022, 15:2912/16/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

If you made it to Silver 1, first of all, congrats! Many people struggle ever making it into Silver Tag at all.

Secondly, if your teams are good enough you don't fall tiers, you belong in that tier. If you wish to fall back and the strength of your teams prevent people from hitting you, or prevent you from losing enough points, you'll probably need to put in a one champ team, just like you said. :)

Quinn, my guess is that this is actually a spam thread - unless you actually clicked those links and validated that they're legit.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 16, 2022, 15:3412/16/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Quinn, my guess is that this is actually a spam thread - unless you actually clicked those links and validated that they're legit.

Those links were edited in somehow. They 100% weren't there when I posted earlier. -_-

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 16, 2022, 20:0912/16/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Those links were edited in somehow. They 100% weren't there when I posted earlier. -_-

They definitely were edited in after. It hasn't happened often - and I've seen it more in old, old posts - but sometimes the links get edited in well after the post initially drops. >_<