All Categories

Ascended everything worth ascending....now what?

Search
Dec 11, 2022, 14:5812/11/22
02/11/21

I had 15-20 pieces worth grinding for, I ascended them all to 1-star. Got one roll of speed on boots, one roll of c.rate on gloves. And I'm pretty much as far as I'd get on ascending those two pieces (I could probably put 2 more speed on the boots, but I hate the Greater Oil drop rate, it dropped 2 times out of 25+ runs), so now I have no incentive to farm the dungeon. 

I don't know who designed the mechanic, but letting the stats be permanent is going to be its doom. How long before people roll crap stats on every piece of gear worth the trouble and energy? What do they think happens next? Farm more gear just to ascend it? 

Makes me wonder if they actually want us to play the new dungeon or if they just wanted to give us a reason to farm more gear? 

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 11, 2022, 16:0712/11/22
02/24/19

I mean, realistically, farming more gear to get more chances at the ascension someone want seems like what people will eventually be doing. This isn't much different from people going to farm more gear so they can get the perfect 4 substats on a legendary piece that then rolls speed 4 times. Or the perfect Crit Damage gloves with the perfect triple crit rate substat with accuracy, atk% and speed. Or really whatever a perfect piece is for someone's build.

I don't have a lot I've done with this yet, I have one pair of boots I've rolled so far to 3, and one pair of gloves I've test rolled. There is a little concern that every piece I roll could be trash if it doesn't roll correctly, but then I remind myself that isn't really true at all. The gear doesn't change at all except getting more stats. Technically every piece I roll gets better, just not always better in the ways that could be best for the piece.

What does change is that my top end arena builds will still need to be the best I can get them. That is gonna mean swapping some gear around as I awaken more things, so that my arena champs still have the best available combination of things on my account, which likely changes as some pieces get decently better while others don't really improve cause of whatever ascension stat I RNG'd into.

Dec 11, 2022, 19:3812/11/22
06/25/20

... what? Do you expect to never get any new items ever again?