All Categories

Is Vergis viable?

Is Vergis viable?

Search
Dec 9, 2022, 15:0812/09/22
11/20/22

Is Vergis viable?

Hi!

New beginner question here. I don't really have any defense champions on me except for Vergis. To be honest I found him useful to protect my not so well developed champions (I still only have 2 6*), but I'm not sure if I should invest in him in the future. I'm not planning on maxing him out, since I have others to put my resources in, but I was curious to other people's opinion about him

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 9, 2022, 15:1712/09/22
06/25/20

He's not useless, but ... he's also not far from it. He doesn't really *do* anything, and he can only really keep one person alive. You should post your roster but, on the surface, my vote would be no, don't spend resources on him.

Dec 9, 2022, 15:2312/09/22
05/22/21

Yes, since you seem to be new player, he will carry you in doom tower for Scarab King, he is great in early arena when players haven't built champs who smack hard enough to kill him outright and he has some uses in lower levels Bommel groups as well.

Dec 9, 2022, 15:3012/09/22
07/08/19

he's pretty solid if you need an ally protection champion but i believe you mentioned having skullcrusher in your last post and he's a far better option for that. i wouldn't write him off entirely however; a properly built vergis can solo the scarab king, one of the harder doom tower bosses. that won't be a concern of yours for a while though, so i'd stick vergis in the vault for the moment.

Dec 9, 2022, 15:5412/09/22
11/20/22
Carpe_Piscis

he's pretty solid if you need an ally protection champion but i believe you mentioned having skullcrusher in your last post and he's a far better option for that. i wouldn't write him off entirely however; a properly built vergis can solo the scarab king, one of the harder doom tower bosses. that won't be a concern of yours for a while though, so i'd stick vergis in the vault for the moment.

Yes, I do have Skullcrusher, but did nothing with him, only leveled up to 40. So this means, that potentially I could go further, if I just spent some resources on Skullcrusher, make him like lvl 50 for now, and give him a decent accuracy?(+defense)

As to answer for kramaswamy.kr, I have: Athel (max), Bellower(max), Apothacery(lvl.50), Vergis(lv.50), Trunda(lvl.50), Ronda, Fenax, Skullcrusher, Spirithost, Warmaiden(just got her from campaign)... These are the only ones worth mentioning

Dec 9, 2022, 15:5712/09/22
07/08/19
Wandor

Yes, I do have Skullcrusher, but did nothing with him, only leveled up to 40. So this means, that potentially I could go further, if I just spent some resources on Skullcrusher, make him like lvl 50 for now, and give him a decent accuracy?(+defense)

As to answer for kramaswamy.kr, I have: Athel (max), Bellower(max), Apothacery(lvl.50), Vergis(lv.50), Trunda(lvl.50), Ronda, Fenax, Skullcrusher, Spirithost, Warmaiden(just got her from campaign)... These are the only ones worth mentioning

skullcrusher is great and would definitely be one to focus on. i'd probably make him your next 60 after apothecary. however, accuracy is borderline useless on him. he only places one debuff and it's one that almost never matters, so he really doesnt need accuracy. hp and defense should be his main stats.

Dec 9, 2022, 16:0312/09/22
10/15/20
Wandor

You don't need accuracy on Skullcrusher. He can place a 50% heal reduction debuff with his A1, but that's not a good debuff (if you need heal reduction anywhere at all, you want the 100% version). Better increase his survivability with hp% and def%.

The next lvl 60 champ should be Apothecary. His speed buff and healing can carrie you through some stuff. If you realy need extra protection, Vergis or Skullcrusher can do so with lvl 50 for now. 

Dec 9, 2022, 19:0612/09/22
11/20/22
Carpe_Piscis

skullcrusher is great and would definitely be one to focus on. i'd probably make him your next 60 after apothecary. however, accuracy is borderline useless on him. he only places one debuff and it's one that almost never matters, so he really doesnt need accuracy. hp and defense should be his main stats.

Thank you for the responses! Skullcrusher rocks, I could beat up some floors in DT thanks to counterattack, also, much better at the arena(and not yet lvl.50).

I have a different question: is it worth to level up common 5* speed boots to 16? And this applies to other gear as well. E.g. I have 5* crit rate/ crit dmg gloves, do I 16 them, or just 12? Main issue is with them being common for me. No rolls on the substats