All Categories

I just 6 starred my starter, Kael, who should I 6 star next?

Search
Dec 8, 2022, 21:5212/08/22
01/22/20

Just got Kael to 6 stars, who should I focus next?

My other champs I've been using :

Apothecary, Shieldguard, Warmaiden, Elhain, Shaman, Relickeeper, Reliquary Tender, Skull Lord Var-Gall, Ronda, Umbral Enchantress, Hyria, Warpriest.

Also have:

Jizoh, Venomage, Adriel, Steelskull, Broodlord, Yaga the Insatiable, High Khatun, Ripper, Kunoichi, Marquess 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 8, 2022, 21:5712/08/22
10/15/20

I think Apo and Ronda are good picks for the next lvl 60 champs.

Dec 8, 2022, 22:0212/08/22
06/20/19

You have some good champs.  I agree with Skadi, Apo and Ronda are you best picks.  Apo will probably have more utility for you in more content at this stage.  Ronda would most likely have more end game use.  I'd personally go for apo since you are fairly early game. 

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 9, 2022, 22:2512/09/22
12/30/20

I can get down with Apo. You have several champions I think you'll want to invest in, going forward. He should be a pretty great general content champ for you, for a long time.

Next up has to be Venomage. Will be great in CB, and can certainly work in Dragon/Ice Golem. Not to mention there's your two turn defense down champ on a three turn cooldown when booked.

After - in no certain order - that I think we can start looking at Reliquary Tender (cleanser/revive), Ronda (nuker capable of disrupting passives), HK (speed lead in Arena with upside outside of that) and Umbral (great provoke option, especially in Arena)

Shieldguard, Warmaiden, Relickeeper, Elhain, Shaman, Hyria, Warpriest, Adriel, Jizoh, Broodlord, Yaga, Ripper and Marquess do not need to be invested in. Steelskull, Kunoichi and Skull Lord can have their places but I see them as less of a priority relative to the other champs I'd like to take up, save for Kunoichi who could end up being an ally protect option for us in Clan Boss. 

Dec 10, 2022, 12:3612/10/22
07/15/20

obvioslly venomage. 

Apothecary you will use for some months. 

Venomage you will use for years. 

Dec 10, 2022, 14:1812/10/22
10/15/20
AzuraWrath

obvioslly venomage. 

Apothecary you will use for some months. 

Venomage you will use for years. 

Non-whales will use Apo quite a long time, probably forever. I still use him in Tag Arena, Griffin (as healer, with speed buff turned off) and Faction Wars. 

And as a rare he is easy to bring to full power, no lego or epic books required.

Dec 10, 2022, 14:2412/10/22
07/15/20
Skadi

Non-whales will use Apo quite a long time, probably forever. I still use him in Tag Arena, Griffin (as healer, with speed buff turned off) and Faction Wars. 

And as a rare he is easy to bring to full power, no lego or epic books required.

i dont understand how people choose a rare over a top tier epic....

and apothecary isnt even that good as rare! 

If coldheart  was the choice i could understand... but apothecary? hell no!

Venomage can solo allmost every single dungeon to later stages except spider, and even tho, its a beast in spider as well!

Apothecary can... well, cant.  i really cant understand this. 

Dec 10, 2022, 14:3312/10/22
Dec 12, 2022, 04:41(edited)
07/08/19
AzuraWrath

Venomage can solo allmost every single dungeon to later stages except spider, and even tho, its a beast in spider as well!

venomage can solo every single dungeon if you've been playing for several years and have the gear that comes with that. until then, he's a mid-tier epic who doesn't really stand out anywhere except clan boss and even there he needs a few other champions to show his full potential.

apothecary, on the other hand, is easier to build, easier to book, provides some great tm boost and secondary healing especially for a new player, and is widely recognized as one of the best rares in the game.

Dec 10, 2022, 16:2112/10/22
10/15/20
AzuraWrath

No champion in the game can solo any high level dungeon, unless you have the right gear.

What starters should do

1. get a campaign farmer (allready done by the thread opener, he has a lvl 60 Kael)
  2. getting a team for Dragon 20 (Apo fits very well)
  3. farm gear in Dragon 20
  4. get a team that can do the other Dungeons at lvl 20 with that gear from Dragon
  5. farm a regenartion set with top tier stats
  6. have a champion like Venomage/Urgogrim/Bad-El/Orn soloing dungeons

Step 1 is done, you want to follow immediately with step 6. I really can't understand how anybody, who played Raid for several years, can think, Venomage would be able to solo dungeons with the 3* and 4* gear starters in Raid have.

Dec 10, 2022, 17:3212/10/22
06/20/19

The only place I currently use apo is fw. I'm trying to have a rare on most reliable s21 reams.  I still need to gear venomage.  Steelskull was one of my early epics and I used him extensively. Now only in fw, but I wanted to point out he can reliably solo fw up to around s17 or s18.

Dec 11, 2022, 20:4612/11/22
07/15/20

So, he even have Ronda, the new leggo but somehow people point apothecary... 

🙄

Somehow I think everyone is trolling. 

Really. 

By no mean anyone should spend effort in rates except maybe a bellower or a coldheart. 

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 11, 2022, 22:0312/11/22
12/30/20
AzuraWrath

So, he even have Ronda, the new leggo but somehow people point apothecary... 

🙄

Somehow I think everyone is trolling. 

Really. 

By no mean anyone should spend effort in rates except maybe a bellower or a coldheart. 

many gaps to address here:

1) we have a magic nuker already and are looking to round out our core team 

2) which Apothecary does nicely as a speed booster/healer which will make our dungeon grind easier, especially Dragon (and is usable for quite a long time in the game while offering immediate progression boosting now)

3) And Ronda would be a worse choice than Venomage, as we want a defense down + the role as a poisoner/damage mitigator will play well in relevant dungeons + CB

4) Resources wise, our rare + epic choice will be significantly easier to invest in and maximize

5) touching back on the earlier post: of all the rares we could want to invest in, Coldheart would make zero sense because she does very little for us early, we don't need a max HP nuker, we're not grinding high level spider yet or FK. 

6) there are numerous rares (other than the few you mentioned) that either are very good or have great usages, from Fellhound as a campaign farmer, and more situational ones such as paragon/renegade/PK/Heiress and now muckstalker. Not to mention Coffin Smasher functions as a tremendous attack down option for many early to even midgame clan boss teams. 

Dec 11, 2022, 22:1212/11/22
10/15/20
"Often the go-to Rare for most players starting out in the game, Apothecary is a great champion to help you progress in the early through mid game aspects of Raid: Shadow Legends.
He brings three key components that you will need early one. Speed is one of the most important stats for most players and Apothecary brings an Increase Speed Buff in addition to a Turn Meter boost. (...) Finally he has a triple attack A1 allowing you to run Giant Slayer mastery and maximise your Clan Boss Damage early.
Players will be looking for this champion very early into the game because he brings a lot to the team! He just is one of the best rares in his position! Absolute Beast!
You won’t find a better rare to get your account going but at later stages of the game, Apothecary will be replaced by more powerful champions."

Hell Hades about Apothecary.

What kind of team for dungeons do you want to build early on? We have only one lvl 60 champ so far and no gear. Kael, Venomage, Ronda? No healer at all, damage dealers only, with 3* and 4* gear that will not nuke away the waves.

By no mean anyone who plays Raid as ftp should listen to the ridiculous tip not investing in any rare champ. If you play ftp, epic and legendary books are scarce. Whenever a rare can do the job, build him. Save your books for the epics and legendaries that are special. And no, that doesn't mean I would recommend building bad random rares.

Dec 11, 2022, 23:1512/11/22
10/15/20

Rare only Dragon 20 team I made for showcase, with one of them only lvl 50. The champs (exept Apo) didn't have good items, just the stuff I gave to them a year ago when they had to leave my main teams and work in faction wars mostly, some 4* and 5* items and very few 6*.

i

Do I recommend to build exactly that team? No, of course not, 09:35 is much to long to farm gear. That's not the point. But if they can do Dragon 20 as a rare only team, every single champ of them could fill up a team of epics and legendaries in early game and do the job they are supposed to do. 

Dec 12, 2022, 04:2312/12/22
05/03/20

Apo can play effectively in gear that is available to early gamers.  Most of the others cannot.  Take away their gear and many champs are chumps.  

Dec 12, 2022, 12:5112/12/22
09/02/22

Also don't forget that Apo, when geared for 100% crit, can put out an amazing heal on a 2 turn cooldown in addition to the speed boost. 

He's also amazing for early Fire Knight with the 3X hit on his A1 until you get better champions. 

As someone above said, that 3X A1 w/ Giant Slayer and 100% crit means he can put out decent damage early game as well.

I currently 2 key Nightmare CB and Apothecary is still a core member of that team.