All Categories

Question about Damage

Question about Damage

Search
Dec 6, 2022, 23:2812/06/22
04/12/21

Question about Damage

So looking at the in-game guide to the meaning of artifact "stats", it says that Critical Damage  of 150% is equal to 100% base damage plus 150% critical damage, for a total of 250% damage. My question is, what is "damage"?  what stat or combination of stats or other effects like defense does that pertain to?  I am trying to correlate that with the numbers I see scrolling on the battle screen.

Thanks for any clarifying info.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 6, 2022, 23:4112/06/22
Dec 6, 2022, 23:42(edited)
06/25/20

Broadly speaking,

Damage = ((BaseAttack*[ATK% Modifiers]) + [FlatAttack]) * SkillMultiplier * [% Damage Modifiers] * CriticalModifier

Where:

BaseAttack = the attack you see on your champion sheet BEFORE any other additions

ATK% Modifiers = things such as ATK% items, as well as things that scale off of base attack (such as GH, etc).

FlatAttack = items / masteries that give you just flat ATK (IE not ATK%)

SkillMultiplier = a hidden number that you can find on sites like Ayumi / HH / etc, that tell you how much the skill scales, and based on what stat

% Damage Modifiers = their DEF%, masteries that give you a % modifier to damage, debuffs like Weaken, etc

CriticalModifier = an equation pertaining to your crit rate and crit damage. simply, [1 - CR%] + CR%*CD%.

Dec 6, 2022, 23:4112/06/22
02/11/21

You have the base stat that the damage scales off (ATK, DEF, HP, Enemy Max HP etc.). This is listed in the skill description: Damage Based On ________.

Then you have damage multipliers, they are hidden, but can be found on Hell Hades and Ayumilove sites. The multipliers act as factors by which the above-mentioned base stats. 

For example: if damage is based on DEF, and your champ's DEF = 4000, with a multiplier of 4x, that skill's Base Damage is 16,000.

If a critical hit occurs, critical damage will add onto that as you described 

Critical Damage = Base Damage x (1+CDMG%)

Then, you have damage mitigation, which is a much more complext formula involving Defense, Strengthen etc. If Krama makes it here, he probably has it. 

Dec 6, 2022, 23:4412/06/22
06/25/20

The aforementioned DEF% graph:

i

Dec 6, 2022, 23:5312/06/22
04/12/21

Yes, it is not so straightforward as I gathered, unless you have a very simple situation that can generate consistent numbers.  In a real battle there are so many factors at work that all I can do is just note numbers that maybe get more or less due to different things, etc.  I can take a simple champ and hit a simple target and start with that, but it is prolly folly to try to duplicate what you see on the screen.

Thanks for the insights.

Dec 7, 2022, 00:0012/07/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

Yes, it is not so straightforward as I gathered, unless you have a very simple situation that can generate consistent numbers.  In a real battle there are so many factors at work that all I can do is just note numbers that maybe get more or less due to different things, etc.  I can take a simple champ and hit a simple target and start with that, but it is prolly folly to try to duplicate what you see on the screen.

Thanks for the insights.

I wouldn't say that. Not being able to get an exact number doesn't mean there isn't value in understanding the relationship between different effects. It is important to know, for example, whether an ATK% buff is going to do more for your team than a Weaken debuff.