All Categories

A "tournament" forcing players to compete over who spends the most energy isn't fun or interesting

A "tournament" forcing players to compete over who spends the most energy isn't fun or interesting

Search
Jul 18, 2019, 20:3907/18/19
04/03/19

RSL is a game that requires a lot of grinding, and events essentially reward grinding and nothing else. But events, at least, have set rewards that all players can work toward. I'm not a f2p player, but I appreciate the ability to choose how much time, energy, and (in some cases) money I'm going to put into earning event rewards.

A "tournament" like the current Ice Golem grind is different. I'm not trying to reach a set goal-- rather, I'm trying to out-spend other players.

I understand that this is a game in which players are rewarded indirectly for spending more. Those of us who spend more progress quicker and (shard RNG aside) generally have access to better champions.

If I'm going to be competing directly with other players, though, I want to know that there's SOME amount of strategy involved. Arena (the only other area of the game in which competition is direct) is generally going to be dominated by the whales, but smart play and team composition count for something. In contrast, the current tournament is simply about directly spending more energy than the other players in my bracket. No strategy. No intelligence. No real work. Just dollars.

To me, it's not fun. And it makes me enjoy the game less.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 19, 2019, 02:3507/19/19
04/10/19
I agree with your opinion on spending energy.  When I opened the tournament this morning, I saw how the points were earned with each type of artifact.  Then, I noticed that I would have to reach 200 points just for 100k.  I can make 100k on brutal 12-6 in about 10 minutes.  It was very disheartening to say the least.  I also am not sure that the points are being done correctly.  On my first ice golem battle I got an epic 4* helmet.  Based on the chart, I thought I was supposed to get 11 points (4 for 4* and 7 for epic).  But, it said I got 7 tournament points.  I don’t know.  I guess it could be worse; it could be the fire knight.