All Categories

Best Tips for New Players

Search
Jul 18, 2019, 18:3107/18/19
07/16/19

Yo,

Starting out as a F2P player...Obviously there is quite a grind to reach what P2P players can acquire quickly.  Any tips on how to maximize my account early on are greatly appreciated.  For example: I'm in the process of training my 2 stars to 3 stars in order to rank up my rares. Is this efficient? Or are there better grinds to do at this point in the game? Waiting on the opportunity to get some epics or legendaries, but seems I've got a long road ahead of me.

Thanks in advance! Hope to stream this game on twitch soon, but would like some knowledge to give players like me.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 18, 2019, 19:0507/18/19
Jul 18, 2019, 19:07(edited)
07/15/19

mclarron said:

Yo,

Starting out as a F2P player...Obviously there is quite a grind to reach what P2P players can acquire quickly.  Any tips on how to maximize my account early on are greatly appreciated.  For example: I'm in the process of training my 2 stars to 3 stars in order to rank up my rares. Is this efficient? Or are there better grinds to do at this point in the game? Waiting on the opportunity to get some epics or legendaries, but seems I've got a long road ahead of me.

Thanks in advance! Hope to stream this game on twitch soon, but would like some knowledge to give players like me.

1)  My tip is to NOT spend any money on the game.  Plarium WILL most assuredly rip you off.  Most recent case in point was the paywall they set up to get Foli for the timed fusion event.  It was borderline criminal (the con they ran).  They deleted threads left and right on the forums to cover it up.  Even banned some players.  Crazy.  Oh, and then there is the problem with them nerfing champions.  So if you spend money on a champion, they could nerf the champion, make them worthless, and you will NOT get any refund.  And when they nerf, it is EXTREME.  They dig a shallow grave and toss the champion in.

2)  You JUST started this game, yet you're going to stream on twitch?!  Why, to teach other players the WRONG way to play it?  Might want to figure out what you're doing first.

3)  Ranking up rares that are decent is efficient.  To find out which ones are decent, do a search on Reddit for the champion ranking list.  That list is not absolute, but it at least gives you a general idea of who is and isn't decent.

4)  A friend of mine just started putting together a channel to give people tips and tricks on this game.  He doesn't have much yet, but he literally just started it a few days ago and says he has a few dozen videos lined up to post, just needs to produce (edit) them.  You can find him here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdt-ZXDVTr0b22kmHmeOXxw/videos.  I know he just uploaded a campaign tutorial, which would probably be a good starting point for you.  And keep an eye out, as like I said, he literally just started it up a few days ago.

Jul 18, 2019, 19:3007/18/19
07/16/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

mclarron said:

Yo,

1)  My tip is to NOT spend any money on the game.  Plarium WILL most assuredly rip you off.  Most recent case in point was the paywall they set up to get Foli for the timed fusion event.  It was borderline criminal (the con they ran).  They deleted threads left and right on the forums to cover it up.  Even banned some players.  Crazy.  Oh, and then there is the problem with them nerfing champions.  So if you spend money on a champion, they could nerf the champion, make them worthless, and you will NOT get any refund.  And when they nerf, it is EXTREME.  They dig a shallow grave and toss the champion in.

2)  You JUST started this game, yet you're going to stream on twitch?!  Why, to teach other players the WRONG way to play it?  Might want to figure out what you're doing first.

3)  Ranking up rares that are decent is efficient.  To find out which ones are decent, do a search on Reddit for the champion ranking list.  That list is not absolute, but it at least gives you a general idea of who is and isn't decent.

4)  A friend of mine just started putting together a channel to give people tips and tricks on this game.  He doesn't have much yet, but he literally just started it a few days ago and says he has a few dozen videos lined up to post, just needs to produce (edit) them.  You can find him here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdt-ZXDVTr0b22kmHmeOXxw/videos.  I know he just uploaded a campaign tutorial, which would probably be a good starting point for you.  And keep an eye out, as like I said, he literally just started it up a few days ago.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding your second point. Again, 'hoping' to stream it. Obviously I need to learn more before I do, hence why I posted this thread. I also don't think there's anything wrong with streaming the journey of learning the game...

Crazy that the devs are already known for essentially scamming with their prices.  All we can do is hope that one day they'll listen to their consumers (who are actually going to bring them revenue) rather than ban and cover up distasteful marketing schemes. Definitely makes me want to play less... 
Jul 18, 2019, 19:3807/18/19
05/13/19

The first week as a beginner is the most important week.

I have 2 tips which can help you.

• Tip 1: Open Every Shard You Acquire + Buy Every Shard you see in the Market.

The first week of the game.

You are going to have nothing except 1 starting hero.

You need to open all the Shards you can get and build up your rooster.

Sometimes, you can pull great heroes.

Sometimes, you can pull garbage heroes.

The goal is to pull as many heroes as you can so you can weed thru the bad ones.

This will help you down the road.

Very important after the first week, You will stop opening Shards.

You will begin saving Shards for future Summoning Event.

The game has periodical summoning events which gives you rewards based on opening an “X” amount of Shards.

The goal is to save up Shards for these types of event.

First week, you are a Scavenger trying to find anything you can get because you have nothing.

Second week, you are a Hoarder trying to save up for future rewards.

• Tip 2: Campaign Locations far as you can.

The reason you are opening Shards is to build a team to take down the Campaign.

Your number 1 goal is to go as far as you can.

The further you go you gain extra Hero’s + extra Gear.

The Campaign is a long term feature in the game.

The Campaign isn’t going to be taken down easy.

The point is to slowly build up to beat it.

Jul 18, 2019, 19:4907/18/19
07/16/19
Player J said:

The first week as a beginner is the most important week.

I have 2 tips which can help you.

• Tip 1: Open Every Shard You Acquire + Buy Every Shard you see in the Market.

The first week of the game.

You are going to have nothing except 1 starting hero.

You need to open all the Shards you can get and build up your rooster.

Sometimes, you can pull great heroes.

Sometimes, you can pull garbage heroes.

The goal is to pull as many heroes as you can so you can weed thru the bad ones.

This will help you down the road.

Very important after the first week, You will stop opening Shards.

You will begin saving Shards for future Summoning Event.

The game has periodical summoning events which gives you rewards based on opening an “X” amount of Shards.

The goal is to save up Shards for these types of event.

First week, you are a Scavenger trying to find anything you can get because you have nothing.

Second week, you are a Hoarder trying to save up for future rewards.

• Tip 2: Campaign Locations far as you can.

The reason you are opening Shards is to build a team to take down the Campaign.

Your number 1 goal is to go as far as you can.

The further you go you gain extra Hero’s + extra Gear.

The Campaign is a long term feature in the game.

The Campaign isn’t going to be taken down easy.

The point is to slowly build up to beat it.

HUGE help. I would've kept opening every shard after week one had you not told me. Thanks a ton!
Jul 21, 2019, 18:3807/21/19
07/15/19

mclarron said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

mclarron said:

Yo,

Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding your second point. Again, 'hoping' to stream it. Obviously I need to learn more before I do, hence why I posted this thread. I also don't think there's anything wrong with streaming the journey of learning the game...

Crazy that the devs are already known for essentially scamming with their prices.  All we can do is hope that one day they'll listen to their consumers (who are actually going to bring them revenue) rather than ban and cover up distasteful marketing schemes. Definitely makes me want to play less... 

No problem, glad to help.  

And wasn't trying to be rude about the streaming thing.  I have just seen LOTS of videos about games where people give advice, yet have NO idea what they are talking about.  So long as you make it clear you are new and still learning, you are right, nothing wrong with that.

There is a dude "incrediblejohn" that everyone on here seems to know though from YouTube, and the guy gives HORRIBLE advice, is an amateur, and people are having to correct him in his comment section all the time.  Just didn't want to see another john happen, lol.
Jul 21, 2019, 23:2207/21/19
05/13/19

I didn’t have a lot of time the last time I gave you tips so I was only able to give you 2.

Today, I have little bit more time to continue on giving you a few more tips.

If you have followed all my tips, until now, You should be stuck!

You should have gone as far as you could go in Campaign which ultimately leads you to a Campaign spot you can’t beat.

You are stuck trying to get past it.

This leads you up to my next tip.

• Tip 3: Missions + Leveling Campaign Farmer’s

Once, you reach a point you can’t win, you need to fall back to do missions.

A lot of missions give you silver, rewards, & hero experience.

They want you to find specific gear pieces which force you to do dozens of runs in K.Castle or others similar.

Your goal should be to use these missions as a way’s to level up a few of your hero’s.

You want to get a hero strong enough to Solo Campaign.

In order to get to that point, you need to level up your hero’s to high levels.

Starter Hero + Epic Hero’s + Legendary Hero’s are the main heroes, you should focus your leveling experience on.

White Heroes + Green Heroes will turn into rank up food.

You will get rid of them one day.

They can help you for now, but don’t think of them as long term.

You should think of them as temporary help heroes which you will one day grow out of.

They will than turn into food.

You should keep an eye out for Good Rare which drop from the Campaign.

I will give you a list:

• Valerie
  • Conqueror
  • Sorceress
  • Spirit Host
  • Heiress
  • Templar
  • Berserker
  • WarMaiden 
  • Executioner 
  • Diabolist
These are some useful heroes which might help your rooster.

Some of them are more useful for others.

However, it is nice to keep them if you happen to get any to drop.

• Tip 4: Energy + Arena Token - Constant Regeneration 
Sometimes, you get stored up Energy or Arena Tokens.

Beginner have a habit of not using these things up.

Let me give an example:

I have had people tell me they have energy cap of 80 energy.

I have had people tell me they have 1,000 energy sitting on there account.

They have 1,000/80 showing.

You never want the number on left side higher or even to the number on right side!

You always on want to under your energy cap amount which in this example is 80.

Energy regenerates over time.

Every time you are over the limit.

You are missing out on future energy.

You want to be in a constant state of regeneration.

The next issue beginners have is not using up there Arena Token.

You get Arena Tokens from Daily missions.

The Arena Tokens go to your mail box with 24 hour count downs.

They often disappear afterward.

You never want Arena Tokens to disappear.

You always want to be under the Arena Cap limit which is 10.

You want to be in a constant state of Regenerate.

I will explain why wasting energy can be harmful for you!

In the beginning of the game, you have a lot of XP Boosts.

You could use your energy + XP Boost to double your leveling Rate of heroes.

One day, you will run out of XP Boost.

Than what will you do?

It will take you twice as long to level + twice the energy!

You want to take advantage of the bonuses you are getting as a new player!

Before, it is to late!

Veteran players have to buy XP Boost for 280 gems each.

Veteran players have to buy Energy Refills for 40 gems each.

It can be extremely expensive down the road.

You really want to get a level 60 hero before you reach the above Veteran point.

No Level 60 hero + No XP Boost + No Energy + No Gems = The Doom of your Player Progression

Beginners are on a ticking clock.

This is why people prioritize farming Campaign for beginners.

This is why my #1 Team Rule = Level Campaign Farmer to 60 in order to Farm Brutal Campaign Mode!

Arena Token’s Always Use Them!

A lot of beginners don’t do very good in Arena.

Thus, they chose to skip or ignore Arena

Than one day an Arena Mission comes along.

The Arena Mission says level a Great Hall Skill to level 4.

You will need like 500 Bronze Medals to level up the skill to level 4.

Guess What? It takes like 250 Arena Fights 500 Bronze Medals.

You decided to skip Arena for the past months.

All those fights you could have did could of helped you stock up Bronze medals for this mission.

You didn’t do them.

Now your Mission Progression is Flat Lined - The Death of your Mission progression for 3 weeks minimum.

The shock on your face when you see this for first time!

Where did it even come from? 

Why wasn’t you warned?

No one knows until they know than its to late.

The Key Phrase for Tip # 4 - CONSTANT REGENERATION 

I even a short song so people can remember 

Use it

Before you lose it

Be Proactive

Not Reactive

Scout missions ahead

Before your progress ends up dead.

This is the short song of success!

OpheliaA1Moderator
Jul 21, 2019, 23:5607/21/19
03/11/19

Hello OP, 

Get Executioner and Relickeeper. They'll both get you really far into the game.
Jul 23, 2019, 16:2407/23/19
07/16/19
Player J said:

I didn’t have a lot of time the last time I gave you tips so I was only able to give you 2.

Today, I have little bit more time to continue on giving you a few more tips.

If you have followed all my tips, until now, You should be stuck!

You should have gone as far as you could go in Campaign which ultimately leads you to a Campaign spot you can’t beat.

You are stuck trying to get past it.

This leads you up to my next tip.

• Tip 3: Missions + Leveling Campaign Farmer’s

Once, you reach a point you can’t win, you need to fall back to do missions.

A lot of missions give you silver, rewards, & hero experience.

They want you to find specific gear pieces which force you to do dozens of runs in K.Castle or others similar.

Your goal should be to use these missions as a way’s to level up a few of your hero’s.

You want to get a hero strong enough to Solo Campaign.

In order to get to that point, you need to level up your hero’s to high levels.

Starter Hero + Epic Hero’s + Legendary Hero’s are the main heroes, you should focus your leveling experience on.

White Heroes + Green Heroes will turn into rank up food.

You will get rid of them one day.

They can help you for now, but don’t think of them as long term.

You should think of them as temporary help heroes which you will one day grow out of.

They will than turn into food.

You should keep an eye out for Good Rare which drop from the Campaign.

I will give you a list:

• Valerie
  • Conqueror
  • Sorceress
  • Spirit Host
  • Heiress
  • Templar
  • Berserker
  • WarMaiden 
  • Executioner 
  • Diabolist
These are some useful heroes which might help your rooster.

Some of them are more useful for others.

However, it is nice to keep them if you happen to get any to drop.

• Tip 4: Energy + Arena Token - Constant Regeneration 
Sometimes, you get stored up Energy or Arena Tokens.

Beginner have a habit of not using these things up.

Let me give an example:

I have had people tell me they have energy cap of 80 energy.

I have had people tell me they have 1,000 energy sitting on there account.

They have 1,000/80 showing.

You never want the number on left side higher or even to the number on right side!

You always on want to under your energy cap amount which in this example is 80.

Energy regenerates over time.

Every time you are over the limit.

You are missing out on future energy.

You want to be in a constant state of regeneration.

The next issue beginners have is not using up there Arena Token.

You get Arena Tokens from Daily missions.

The Arena Tokens go to your mail box with 24 hour count downs.

They often disappear afterward.

You never want Arena Tokens to disappear.

You always want to be under the Arena Cap limit which is 10.

You want to be in a constant state of Regenerate.

I will explain why wasting energy can be harmful for you!

In the beginning of the game, you have a lot of XP Boosts.

You could use your energy + XP Boost to double your leveling Rate of heroes.

One day, you will run out of XP Boost.

Than what will you do?

It will take you twice as long to level + twice the energy!

You want to take advantage of the bonuses you are getting as a new player!

Before, it is to late!

Veteran players have to buy XP Boost for 280 gems each.

Veteran players have to buy Energy Refills for 40 gems each.

It can be extremely expensive down the road.

You really want to get a level 60 hero before you reach the above Veteran point.

No Level 60 hero + No XP Boost + No Energy + No Gems = The Doom of your Player Progression

Beginners are on a ticking clock.

This is why people prioritize farming Campaign for beginners.

This is why my #1 Team Rule = Level Campaign Farmer to 60 in order to Farm Brutal Campaign Mode!

Arena Token’s Always Use Them!

A lot of beginners don’t do very good in Arena.

Thus, they chose to skip or ignore Arena

Than one day an Arena Mission comes along.

The Arena Mission says level a Great Hall Skill to level 4.

You will need like 500 Bronze Medals to level up the skill to level 4.

Guess What? It takes like 250 Arena Fights 500 Bronze Medals.

You decided to skip Arena for the past months.

All those fights you could have did could of helped you stock up Bronze medals for this mission.

You didn’t do them.

Now your Mission Progression is Flat Lined - The Death of your Mission progression for 3 weeks minimum.

The shock on your face when you see this for first time!

Where did it even come from? 

Why wasn’t you warned?

No one knows until they know than its to late.

The Key Phrase for Tip # 4 - CONSTANT REGENERATION 

I even a short song so people can remember 

Use it

Before you lose it

Be Proactive

Not Reactive

Scout missions ahead

Before your progress ends up dead.

This is the short song of success!

Love it!! Thanks for taking the time to write all this.  Luckily I have been prioritizing using energy as soon as I can.  The arena tip helps a lot, I try to refresh and take on battles I can win, but probably not as much as I should.  Super helpful and always appreciate the help!
Jul 23, 2019, 16:2607/23/19
07/16/19
OpheliaA1 said:

Hello OP, 

Get Executioner and Relickeeper. They'll both get you really far into the game.
Sounds easier said than done lol. But I will definitely keep my out out if i get one of them!
Jul 23, 2019, 16:2707/23/19
07/16/19
ThrobbingCerk said:

mclarron said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

mclarron said:

Yo,

Thanks for the heads up.

No problem, glad to help.  

And wasn't trying to be rude about the streaming thing.  I have just seen LOTS of videos about games where people give advice, yet have NO idea what they are talking about.  So long as you make it clear you are new and still learning, you are right, nothing wrong with that.

There is a dude "incrediblejohn" that everyone on here seems to know though from YouTube, and the guy gives HORRIBLE advice, is an amateur, and people are having to correct him in his comment section all the time.  Just didn't want to see another john happen, lol.
No worries, this john guy sounds like exactly who I don't want to be!
Feb 23, 2024, 04:2902/23/24
01/21/20

HOW DO I GET THE 5 STARS FOR ELHAIN...I AM STOPPED AT LVL30

Feb 23, 2024, 17:5702/23/24
12/19/19

The first reply in this necro is gold.

So much has NOT changed in 5 years... lol. Only thing that would have been better if it had predicted the game was going to die soon because of plarium greed 😆 

Feb 23, 2024, 19:5102/23/24
01/31/20
Trips

The first reply in this necro is gold.

So much has NOT changed in 5 years... lol. Only thing that would have been better if it had predicted the game was going to die soon because of plarium greed 😆 

Personally, I liked the book-length posts by Player J.  He was a genuine resource for new players back in the day.    

Feb 23, 2024, 20:1102/23/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

Personally, I liked the book-length posts by Player J.  He was a genuine resource for new players back in the day.    

I did as well, he rubbed many the wrong way (as I guess do also 😆) but he did genuinely have good intentions with his advice. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 23, 2024, 22:1002/23/24
06/24/19
Trips

I did as well, he rubbed many the wrong way (as I guess do also 😆) but he did genuinely have good intentions with his advice. 

You're just the Forum Jester.