All Categories

Change wording on Phantom Touch on FAQ.

Search
Nov 12, 2022, 15:1111/12/22
02/11/21

I didn't get an answer on FAQ: Awakening, so I had to test it out for myself. 

The wording states that there is a chance to proc Bonus Damage with EVERY hit of a multi-hit skill. It also states that bonus damage counts towards FK shield.

So I saved up and bought 5* awakening for ColdHeart. At 5*, PT has a 100% chance to proc. 100% "chance to proc Bonus Damage on EVERY hit of a multi-hit skill" means a 4-hitter will result in 4 instances of bonus damage. That does not seem to be the case. It seems that the Bonus Damage gets triggered once per skill, at least testing on the FK shield (it registers 5 hits). 

I think there needs to be a clarification or fix if it's not working as intended. 

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Nov 12, 2022, 17:0411/12/22
Nov 12, 2022, 17:05(edited)
12/30/20

I think you may have taken this the wrong way:

i

But when taken in concert with the blessing itself from in game:

i

The chance (the operative word here) goes away when it procs (thus beginning the one turn cooldown) and simply means EACH multi hit has a chance to proc Phantom Touch bonus damage but goes away once it procs. It's working as intended and I think it's made fairly clear in the description.

Furthermore, Phantom Touch has a chance to do a second instance of bonus damage at 6*, which is another clue towards Phantom Touch not being insanely broken and ripping through FK shields immediately :D

Nov 12, 2022, 17:2111/12/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

I think you may have taken this the wrong way:

i

But when taken in concert with the blessing itself from in game:

i

The chance (the operative word here) goes away when it procs (thus beginning the one turn cooldown) and simply means EACH multi hit has a chance to proc Phantom Touch bonus damage but goes away once it procs. It's working as intended and I think it's made fairly clear in the description.

Furthermore, Phantom Touch has a chance to do a second instance of bonus damage at 6*, which is another clue towards Phantom Touch not being insanely broken and ripping through FK shields immediately :D

That's where it confuses me. On multiple targets, I understand that it deals one instance of Bonus Damage, that's clear.

But in case of multi-hits hitting the same target, it's unclear. "Chance" is the operative word, but at 100%, it's not longer a chance, so if we take it out of the equation, we are left with "Champions deal Bonus Damage with every hit of a multi-hit skill". 

Warmaster, for example, clearly states that "Bonus Damage can only occur once per Skill....". 

I chalk it up to a lesson learned, but I don't know if anybody else may run into that issue in the future. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 12, 2022, 17:4311/12/22
Nov 12, 2022, 17:46(edited)
12/30/20

To clarify, I was trying to marry chance + cooldown to show that proc'ing once means we trigger the cooldown. otherwise it would be terribly broken. 

Sorry you didn't get clarification on that earlier, though. 

Nov 12, 2022, 18:1911/12/22
Nov 12, 2022, 18:21(edited)
02/11/21
dthorne04

To clarify, I was trying to marry chance + cooldown to show that proc'ing once means we trigger the cooldown. otherwise it would be terribly broken. 

Sorry you didn't get clarification on that earlier, though. 

Gotcha. Yeah, the coldown was another issue when I was trying to make 5* PT Shamael. But I feel like it's slighty different. One turn cooldown means that after the turn, it canno proc (counterattacks, ally attacks etc.) But during the turn, it seemed like Giant Slayer mechanic. 

In fact, Giant Slayer states that "Bonus damage can occur on each hit of a skill....", which also is confusing and virtually identical to PT description. 

Nov 12, 2022, 18:4611/12/22
02/11/21

Now, it got me wondering: Giant Slayer can proc more than once per skill, right? Or is it the same as PT?

Nov 12, 2022, 18:5311/12/22
07/08/19
Balltazer

Now, it got me wondering: Giant Slayer can proc more than once per skill, right? Or is it the same as PT?

yes, giant slayer is able to proc multiple times from a single skill.

Nov 12, 2022, 19:0911/12/22
02/11/21
Carpe_Piscis

yes, giant slayer is able to proc multiple times from a single skill.

Thanks. I thought so, but now going through these definitions, it got me questioning myself lol.