All Categories

Events and rewards generally.

Search
Nov 11, 2022, 14:0611/11/22
01/15/21

There has been a lot of hype and advertising about the new events with limited factions leading up to their release.

The first, fireknight was dissapointing in terms of rewards. I am lucky that i can build a team using demonspawn but many will not be able to do one that is remotely quick enough. And even though i am lucky it is hardly worth bothering.

The new event (arena), is a 6 day event with useless rewards on the side bar and a skin and 5 star relentless gear for 'winning' the event (my group already has a member over 800 points so i have no chance of winning)

Its pretty awful rewards for something that is more difficult than the normal events.

It also comes off the back of a fusion where the event rewards were poor, set to high levels and did not allow a single skipped event.

The general vibe i am getting is that after some time making it easier for ftp players to progress plarium have decided to pushback and make it harder. They want to increase the resources used for less rewards.

I find this worrying, and the feedback in my own clan is very dissapointed and people are questioning why they are bothering when the bar is clearly being moved.

I know some say 'plarium do not care if ftp quit' and i understand that view. But if they continue to change the reward/effort ratio in this way they will definitely lose a lot of players.

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 11, 2022, 14:2011/11/22
02/28/22

I agree with your sentiments about poor rewards, however you don't have to participate, I rarely do though I did the Helicath as I figured that was worthwhile.   If this was something that you had to do then maybe players would give up but it's optional, don't like it don't do it

Nov 11, 2022, 14:2311/11/22
01/15/21
Ratted

I agree with your sentiments about poor rewards, however you don't have to participate, I rarely do though I did the Helicath as I figured that was worthwhile.   If this was something that you had to do then maybe players would give up but it's optional, don't like it don't do it

No that is true, i could just run my faster normal team for the x2 savage for instance 

Its just odd that they hype these restricted events then dont actually make it worth restricting your team?

Its - disappointing 

Nov 11, 2022, 15:1911/11/22
06/20/19

The point of the challenge rules has always been to give players that are getting bored something else to work on.  It isnt for greater rewards or anything like that.  I dont usually participate, but am at least trying in the current takedown.

You also speak of this coming off the end of a fusion where....

is there anything in the game that isn't leading up to, during, or coming off of a fusion?

Nov 11, 2022, 15:3311/11/22
01/15/21

I would say people do the events for rewards personally.

Building a demonspawn team to do FK25 might be fun the first run, but running it 99999999 times is exactly the same as running it with your normal team, just much slower.

I pointed out the fusion because it feels part of a trend, but i completely take your point that we are always starting or ending a fusion, they are constant :)

Nov 11, 2022, 16:0011/11/22
11/16/20

These events definitely seem geared towards more end game accounts.

So far fire knight is easy and a void for doing 2100 points is nice imo. My only problem is my clear of stage 20 is taking 3 min.

Arena is kind of cool, again you will need a good roster, but can probably finish sniping free wins over the next 5 or 6 days. I have a really strong comp and am in position to win this one but will just get top prize and sit it out since I have the skin already.

I don't see anything for newer players in these tournaments but anything faction specific is going to be like that.

Some brackets are going to be really easy as well due to the limitations on your groups so pretty easy to get top 1-5 in all of them if you go for it especially if points are low.

I'll take the free rewards.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 11, 2022, 16:0211/11/22
02/24/19
Angwil

The point of the challenge rules has always been to give players that are getting bored something else to work on.  It isnt for greater rewards or anything like that.  I dont usually participate, but am at least trying in the current takedown.

You also speak of this coming off the end of a fusion where....

is there anything in the game that isn't leading up to, during, or coming off of a fusion?

i

Raid: Fusion Legends

Nov 11, 2022, 16:2111/11/22
01/15/21
evilized6666

These events definitely seem geared towards more end game accounts.

So far fire knight is easy and a void for doing 2100 points is nice imo. My only problem is my clear of stage 20 is taking 3 min.

Arena is kind of cool, again you will need a good roster, but can probably finish sniping free wins over the next 5 or 6 days. I have a really strong comp and am in position to win this one but will just get top prize and sit it out since I have the skin already.

I don't see anything for newer players in these tournaments but anything faction specific is going to be like that.

Some brackets are going to be really easy as well due to the limitations on your groups so pretty easy to get top 1-5 in all of them if you go for it especially if points are low.

I'll take the free rewards.

Curious how you can win arena :)

I have an adequate team and ploughed through all my tokens and refills and im on 550 points.

I am on less than half the points of the leader in the group.

Presumeably people are buying a lot of refills.

As for fk, its just too slow- fk25 is taking 3 mins for me as well, that means tying my device up forever (well it feels like forever)

I have decided to screw it and just farm some savage.

Nov 11, 2022, 16:3711/11/22
11/16/20
Trevor Wilson

Curious how you can win arena :)

I have an adequate team and ploughed through all my tokens and refills and im on 550 points.

I am on less than half the points of the leader in the group.

Presumeably people are buying a lot of refills.

As for fk, its just too slow- fk25 is taking 3 mins for me as well, that means tying my device up forever (well it feels like forever)

I have decided to screw it and just farm some savage.

Easier bracket for me at least for the moment. Leader is only 500 points, either way the only way to win this would be buying refills with gems. I will just use my free tokens/refills and try stay in 4th or 5th cause I would rather win gems atm, but bad bracket has me in second with just under 500 points.

Couple over night auto battles solves the fire knight problem, and again decent rewards for lower points and depending on bracket pretty easy secondary rewards as a lot of people don't or can't do 5he faction specific farms.

I think these tournaments are great for older or more established accounts and terrible for new players.

Free stuff for me though so I give it a thumbs up.