Doomtower - Nether Spider

Search
Nov 4, 2022, 09:3111/04/22
11/04/22

Hi all.

Last time on doomtower i beat the nether spider Lvl 150 on floor 90 normal

This time i can not beat it on Lvl 75 floor 70 normal !!!!

i used Drexthar (50) - Shaman (60) - Scyl (60) - Versulf (60) - Gorgorab (60)

i have since last run upgraded artifacts, so they should be even better, but loose anyway.

and i do not have a lot of legends to choose between, so why is it i can not beat a the spider when it is supposed to be weaker

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 4, 2022, 10:5011/04/22
Nov 4, 2022, 11:45(edited)
10/15/20

I don't know how you managed to beat floor 90 with that team last time.

If you post the roster of your champs, we could try to find a better team. Your actual team has 3 revivers, but it has no champ that can remove debuffs. I'm not surprised that you can't beat the Nether Spider with that team, it lacks the most usefull mechanic vs. Nether Spider. 

Do you have Reliquary Tender (rare, High Elves)? Her remove debuffs can be booked to a very fast cooldown. If you don't have her, the campaign-farmable Medium could help as well. But her debuff-removal has a longer cooldown.

/edit:

Thinking about it I have an explanation why you could beat floor 90 last time. It's the affinity! 

Drexthar has force affinity, the floor 90 Nether Spider of rotation 1 has spirit affinity. The Spiderlings will allways attack Drexthar, because he has weak affinity, so it's easy for him to put hp-burn on all Spiderlings.

In the actual rotation, the Nether Spider has magic affinity, Drexthar turned from weak to strong affinity and will not be attacked. If you use his A2 to provoke the Spiderlings into attacking him, they will do a counterattack to his A2 and heal the big Spider.

2 ways to solve this problem: Either remove Drexthar from the team or use a champ that puts a 100% heal reduction on the big Spider, so that Drexthar can use his provoke move on the Spiderlings.

Nov 4, 2022, 22:5611/04/22
04/12/21

In general, no champ or task in the game runs the same way twice. Sometimes when I am leveling up a new champ, I will beat a certain level over and over, then run into a rough patch where I lose the same level even as my champ grows stronger, very frustrating.

Nov 5, 2022, 06:0711/05/22
02/11/21

Did you beat it on manual last time and now tried to auto it? I learned the hard way not to do that. You probably do need a cleanser (even a Spirithost timed right or something). Anyways, post your roster, let's figure this out. 

Nov 5, 2022, 18:1111/05/22
11/04/22

Thanks for your advice guys 😀

Did some upgrades on gear after the post,  and beat the spider with the same team today though.

But your advices has been taken to notice 👌

Nov 5, 2022, 18:1411/05/22
11/04/22
Skadi

I don't know how you managed to beat floor 90 with that team last time.

If you post the roster of your champs, we could try to find a better team. Your actual team has 3 revivers, but it has no champ that can remove debuffs. I'm not surprised that you can't beat the Nether Spider with that team, it lacks the most usefull mechanic vs. Nether Spider. 

Do you have Reliquary Tender (rare, High Elves)? Her remove debuffs can be booked to a very fast cooldown. If you don't have her, the campaign-farmable Medium could help as well. But her debuff-removal has a longer cooldown.

/edit:

Thinking about it I have an explanation why you could beat floor 90 last time. It's the affinity! 

Drexthar has force affinity, the floor 90 Nether Spider of rotation 1 has spirit affinity. The Spiderlings will allways attack Drexthar, because he has weak affinity, so it's easy for him to put hp-burn on all Spiderlings.

In the actual rotation, the Nether Spider has magic affinity, Drexthar turned from weak to strong affinity and will not be attacked. If you use his A2 to provoke the Spiderlings into attacking him, they will do a counterattack to his A2 and heal the big Spider.

2 ways to solve this problem: Either remove Drexthar from the team or use a champ that puts a 100% heal reduction on the big Spider, so that Drexthar can use his provoke move on the Spiderlings.

I have both Rel.T  (50) and Coldheart (60), but proberly not with the best gear and masteries.

(i am atm changing a lot too my champs, to get better rewards in the long run, but some take  quite a bit of ressources to do )

Learn it the hard way 😂

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 6, 2022, 02:1911/06/22
02/24/19
Lars H

Thanks for your advice guys 😀

Did some upgrades on gear after the post,  and beat the spider with the same team today though.

But your advices has been taken to notice 👌

Glad you were able to beat it! Congrats!