All Categories

Wythir and Rotos' decrease Max HP?

Search
Nov 3, 2022, 17:4311/03/22
02/11/21

Went against Wythir today, and Rotos was constantly missing his Max HP reduction. Wythir had crazy RES, but I don't think Rotos' A2 requires accuracy, so that's moot. She had no blessings, either. I can't find anything in her kit that would make her resistant, maybe I'm not looking right. 

Is there a gear set that prevents Max HP reduction? What kind of mechanic would cause that? It went on for probably 8-9 attempts, so it's not one of those sets that lasts 2 turns. Does Protection prevent Max HP steal? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 3, 2022, 18:0211/03/22
06/25/20

Weak hits.

Nov 3, 2022, 18:0411/03/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Weak hits.

So it acts like a debuff that cannot be resisted. 7 out of 9 weak hit, I must have been unlucky lol. Thanks, Kram.

Nov 3, 2022, 18:1111/03/22
06/25/20

That's not exactly correct.

*all* effects that trigger as a consequence of an attack, unless specifically noted, will not trigger on weak hits. The best example of this is comparing Roric A2 with Hellmut A2. Both abilities target a single champ. Both abilities stun everyone else.

The difference, though, is that Roric's A2 only attacks the thing he targets. That means the stun part of his kit cannot be prevented by weak hits, because it does not trigger as a consequence of hitting. Hellmut, on the other hand, attacks one target, then attacks the others and stuns. This means that the other targets *will* trigger an affinity check, and *can* be weak. All weak hits will therefore not trigger the effect, in his case, the stun check.

Nov 3, 2022, 23:1511/03/22
07/08/19
kramaswamy.kr

That's not exactly correct.

*all* effects that trigger as a consequence of an attack, unless specifically noted, will not trigger on weak hits. The best example of this is comparing Roric A2 with Hellmut A2. Both abilities target a single champ. Both abilities stun everyone else.

The difference, though, is that Roric's A2 only attacks the thing he targets. That means the stun part of his kit cannot be prevented by weak hits, because it does not trigger as a consequence of hitting. Hellmut, on the other hand, attacks one target, then attacks the others and stuns. This means that the other targets *will* trigger an affinity check, and *can* be weak. All weak hits will therefore not trigger the effect, in his case, the stun check.

wouldn't a weak hit from roric's a2 prevent his tm decrease and keep his stun from even triggering?

Nov 3, 2022, 23:5811/03/22
06/25/20
Carpe_Piscis

wouldn't a weak hit from roric's a2 prevent his tm decrease and keep his stun from even triggering?

A weak hit on the primary target, correct. I was using the analogy to compare the difference between the secondary targets, since Roric and Hellmut have similar wording on that part, however, the difference being that Hellmut's is an attack on the secondary targets.

Nov 4, 2022, 00:4511/04/22
07/08/19
kramaswamy.kr

A weak hit on the primary target, correct. I was using the analogy to compare the difference between the secondary targets, since Roric and Hellmut have similar wording on that part, however, the difference being that Hellmut's is an attack on the secondary targets.

had to be sure. thought maybe i'd missed something in roric's kit.