All Categories

Account progression tips and help needed

Search
Nov 3, 2022, 05:5911/03/22
04/02/20

As the title says, I'm looking to go towards mid game and don't know where to look. I have 2 levels 60s and read that mid game is 4 60s with full masteries that can do brutal or higher clan boss. My issue comes from not knowing which of the champions I do have, is capable of helping my account reach mid game the fastest. I don't know who is trash, who has a niche use, who is PvP focused, and so on. I was wondering if anyone on here would be able, and willing to help me straighten out what I'm doing. I do enjoy this game and want to do bigger and harder things. And just let me know I guess if I need to post pictures of what champs I have and what not. Thank you in advance if anyone helps with this.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 3, 2022, 06:1011/03/22
04/02/20

Ok I figured out how to add this. I don't know who to 60 next for clan boss, or anything really. I don't know who is good for tower, faction crypt, PvP, nothing, and I'm at that point where I think I need to going forward. Again any help would be greatly appreciated 

i

i

Nov 3, 2022, 06:3011/03/22
09/14/20

A good way to start and get an overview could be to check out sites of content creators like Ayumilove or Hellhades. They have descriptions and tier lists of champions. 

You could also search on Youtube, there are tons of videos about Raid

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 3, 2022, 06:3311/03/22
02/24/19
ArgonianSam

Ok I figured out how to add this. I don't know who to 60 next for clan boss, or anything really. I don't know who is good for tower, faction crypt, PvP, nothing, and I'm at that point where I think I need to going forward. Again any help would be greatly appreciated 

i

i

Duchess is incredibly good everywhere. Start by 60ing her. Then 60 your Deacon for AoE Dec Defense and great TM boost and TM control. 

Both champs will serve you well in Clan Boss, Arena, Tower, Dungeons, etc....

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 3, 2022, 06:3411/03/22
12/30/20

Great news, you have one of the best all around legendaries in the game in Duchess Lilitu. 60 her immediately, she'll be your reviver/damage mitigator/team protector basically forever. All legendary books you get immediately can go into her.

More good news, you have one of the best epics in the game in Deacon Armstrong. He'll be your speed lead in arena and is a great all around epic that is capable of slotting into dungeon teams as well. 60 him after Duchess. 

Nov 3, 2022, 06:3411/03/22
09/14/20

Just the champs I have not regretted to 6* them.

Lillitu! She is a carry in almost every content. She should be your next 60. VERY strong

Ultimate Death Knight, Apothecary, Alure (Fire Knight and some DT bosses), Deacon, Aox, Oboro.

These champs are more for general progress...

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 3, 2022, 06:4311/03/22
02/24/19
harleQuinn

Duchess is incredibly good everywhere. Start by 60ing her. Then 60 your Deacon for AoE Dec Defense and great TM boost and TM control. 

Both champs will serve you well in Clan Boss, Arena, Tower, Dungeons, etc....

Why is Deacon and his AoE Dec Defense good? Let me pull some stuff from some info I share here and there on the forums and Discord.... :)

You NEED AoE Decrease Defense
If you don’t have yet a champion with the AOE 60% Decrease Defense debuff, Warmaiden is your best friend. Having a champion that does AOE 60% Decrease Defense champion is huge, and Warmaiden is a farmable rare from campaign stage 8, the Deadlands. Fortunately, you have an amazing AoE Dec Defense champ in Deacon, and don't need to farm and build out a Warmaiden.
Get a “Core Team” going
The Core Team is the engine that will power up your progress. As you look at what champions you want to upgrade, you want to build a core team for general use, but primarily for clan boss use, looking for champions that:
1) 50% Decrease Attack
2) 60% Decrease Defense
3) 5% Poisons, HP Burn, or both
4) A Reviver or Very Strong Support Healer
Additionally, various buffs that are helpful in clan boss and general progression: heals, increase defense, speed buff, counterattack, ally protection, etc. The Core Team will change over time, as you pull better options you may need to change some of the champions. Fortunately you have great options already.
The power of 6 Stars
Focus on making a team of level 60 champs! Don’t make the mistake many beginners do of upgrading level 50’s aimlessly and endlessly. Instead, work on the food to make 60s for your core team, champs that will be long term use. 6 starring a champion unlocks the tier 6 masteries, and the banner slot. This, combined with having your champion booked at least for their most important skills, will unlock their true potential.  
Minotaur grinding for mastery scrolls
Fully master your core team: having most of your team at level 60 will make it easier to farm on Mino 15, the best place to farm for scrolls. 
Enter The Dragon
Start Dragon progression. Your goal is to reach Dragon 20, where 6 star gear starts dropping. Lifesteal, Speed and Accuracy sets will help you build teams for all areas of the game, and also will help you gear up other teams for other dungeons. Leave other dungeons for later, as they all will require more specialized teams.  
All of the above will help you progress in Clan Boss to Brutal, then preferentially to Nightmare. :)
Nov 3, 2022, 07:0911/03/22
04/02/20
harleQuinn

Why is Deacon and his AoE Dec Defense good? Let me pull some stuff from some info I share here and there on the forums and Discord.... :)

You NEED AoE Decrease Defense
If you don’t have yet a champion with the AOE 60% Decrease Defense debuff, Warmaiden is your best friend. Having a champion that does AOE 60% Decrease Defense champion is huge, and Warmaiden is a farmable rare from campaign stage 8, the Deadlands. Fortunately, you have an amazing AoE Dec Defense champ in Deacon, and don't need to farm and build out a Warmaiden.
Get a “Core Team” going
The Core Team is the engine that will power up your progress. As you look at what champions you want to upgrade, you want to build a core team for general use, but primarily for clan boss use, looking for champions that:
1) 50% Decrease Attack
2) 60% Decrease Defense
3) 5% Poisons, HP Burn, or both
4) A Reviver or Very Strong Support Healer
Additionally, various buffs that are helpful in clan boss and general progression: heals, increase defense, speed buff, counterattack, ally protection, etc. The Core Team will change over time, as you pull better options you may need to change some of the champions. Fortunately you have great options already.
The power of 6 Stars
Focus on making a team of level 60 champs! Don’t make the mistake many beginners do of upgrading level 50’s aimlessly and endlessly. Instead, work on the food to make 60s for your core team, champs that will be long term use. 6 starring a champion unlocks the tier 6 masteries, and the banner slot. This, combined with having your champion booked at least for their most important skills, will unlock their true potential.  
Minotaur grinding for mastery scrolls
Fully master your core team: having most of your team at level 60 will make it easier to farm on Mino 15, the best place to farm for scrolls. 
Enter The Dragon
Start Dragon progression. Your goal is to reach Dragon 20, where 6 star gear starts dropping. Lifesteal, Speed and Accuracy sets will help you build teams for all areas of the game, and also will help you gear up other teams for other dungeons. Leave other dungeons for later, as they all will require more specialized teams.  
All of the above will help you progress in Clan Boss to Brutal, then preferentially to Nightmare. :)

Incredible help here all around. I am halfway to my next 6 star, which based on this, will be dutchess hands down. I put every book I had in her and she's almost maxed. Next will probably be deacon. I do have a coffin smasher, which HHades said is one of THE BEST ST greater attack down champs, so I was considering him as 5 or 6th 6 star. But I will take the advice to heart of having an engine team. the only reason I picked Drexthar as my second was I read he is very good at spider, which can help get accessories in between where I am and that dragon 20. Is that accurate? And should Coffin smasher be my 5th 6 star then for CB?

Nov 3, 2022, 07:1911/03/22
09/14/20
ArgonianSam

Incredible help here all around. I am halfway to my next 6 star, which based on this, will be dutchess hands down. I put every book I had in her and she's almost maxed. Next will probably be deacon. I do have a coffin smasher, which HHades said is one of THE BEST ST greater attack down champs, so I was considering him as 5 or 6th 6 star. But I will take the advice to heart of having an engine team. the only reason I picked Drexthar as my second was I read he is very good at spider, which can help get accessories in between where I am and that dragon 20. Is that accurate? And should Coffin smasher be my 5th 6 star then for CB?

It is just a personal choice...but I would take Aox instead of coffin smasher. 

CoffinSmasher is great for FireKnight and has his use in CB...but personally I would prefer Aox. 

You will at some time grow out of the use of rare champions (perhaps with the exception of Coldheart, Painkiller and Paragon) but many epics are stil fantastic

Nov 3, 2022, 07:2811/03/22
04/02/20

Seeing as I have Dutchess and Deacon to worry about first, I have time to decide. But I will heavily consider this. Aox was my first Epic so he'll always have that special memory for me. Meanwhile coldheart is a name I know very well, and know full well the capabilities of. And if i can ask a second question here. Which HellHades build should I use for Dutchess. Since she is great at everything, it makes it hard to pick what would be best here. General use then switch it for free later when my account has more 60s and epics?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 3, 2022, 08:1111/03/22
12/30/20

Personally. I'd choose that Clan Boss build for masteries over the general use. I'd also like to get HP/SPD/DEF in that order on Duchess, and then RES where we can. 

In terms of content I'd like to focus on, it would be mainly Campaign to get those champs to 60, Dragon and CB.

For CB I think I do lean Coffin Smasher to get in the most consistent attack down with the damage mitigation passive on top of that. We can always re-revaluate after Duchess and Deacon, though. 

Nov 3, 2022, 08:3311/03/22
04/02/20

Sounds good. Thank you all again. Might make another post later on, but this seems like a really solid step to take. Thank you all again!

Nov 3, 2022, 15:5111/03/22
02/11/21

Don't rush. 4 maxed out champs is not Mid-game, it really isn't about number of champs, it's about content you handle regularly. I'd say mid-game is when you can farm lvl20 dungeons reliably. The reason for that is gear. You'll learn that gear is just as important as the champions you have, and you will not start getting close to reaching their full potential until you can get 6* gear, hence lvl20+ dungeons. 

Now, early game, you want to focus on building champions who can do different things. Primary roles to look for are:

- Crowd Control: You don't really have dedicated control champs, but UDK places fear, Soulbond should be put in Stun set, and Deacon and Khatun reduce turn meter, which is a form of crowd control.

- Healer: Apothecary is a good dedicated healer. Reliquary Tender, UDK, and Duchess also heal.

- Cleanser: Reliquary Tender is your girl.

- Debuffer: Deacon

- Turn Meter Booster: Khatun, Deacon

- Reviver: Duchess, Reliquary Tender

- Nuker: Drexthar, Kael. 

- Protector: UDK, Duchess

With Drex and Kael maxed, you have plenty of Nuking power for now. Later on, I'd build Soulbond as well, her A2 is nothing to scoff at. 

Now, you need someone to set up your champs and keep them alive. Duchess, Deacon, UDK, Apothecary and Reliquary Tender should be your next champs. 

You also have some dungeon MVPs: Drexthar for Spider and Alure for FK (Drex and Apothecary are also good for FK)....and as always, Armiger. 

You have a lot of exciting building to do....good luck. 

Nov 3, 2022, 16:0011/03/22
04/02/20
Balltazer

Don't rush. 4 maxed out champs is not Mid-game, it really isn't about number of champs, it's about content you handle regularly. I'd say mid-game is when you can farm lvl20 dungeons reliably. The reason for that is gear. You'll learn that gear is just as important as the champions you have, and you will not start getting close to reaching their full potential until you can get 6* gear, hence lvl20+ dungeons. 

Now, early game, you want to focus on building champions who can do different things. Primary roles to look for are:

- Crowd Control: You don't really have dedicated control champs, but UDK places fear, Soulbond should be put in Stun set, and Deacon and Khatun reduce turn meter, which is a form of crowd control.

- Healer: Apothecary is a good dedicated healer. Reliquary Tender, UDK, and Duchess also heal.

- Cleanser: Reliquary Tender is your girl.

- Debuffer: Deacon

- Turn Meter Booster: Khatun, Deacon

- Reviver: Duchess, Reliquary Tender

- Nuker: Drexthar, Kael. 

- Protector: UDK, Duchess

With Drex and Kael maxed, you have plenty of Nuking power for now. Later on, I'd build Soulbond as well, her A2 is nothing to scoff at. 

Now, you need someone to set up your champs and keep them alive. Duchess, Deacon, UDK, Apothecary and Reliquary Tender should be your next champs. 

You also have some dungeon MVPs: Drexthar for Spider and Alure for FK (Drex and Apothecary are also good for FK)....and as always, Armiger. 

You have a lot of exciting building to do....good luck. 

Huh. But that is very good to know when mid hits. Ill Keep in mind to look for a good hard CC champ or 2. I'm currently hoarding for the next get one, get another legendary. So HOPEFULLY I get a decent Epic or 2 out of it too. I take it Iron twins, faction wars, and hydra are WAY far away from where I am progression wise?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 3, 2022, 16:1211/03/22
02/24/19
ArgonianSam

This is a great plan.

Duchess is about as good as champs get, one of the best Affinity champs in game. Deacon is an amazing Crowd Control, TM booster, AoE Dec Defense champ and will bring Leech for your CB fights, which means no more need for Lifesteal only.

Coffin Smasher is a top 10 rare, brings HP burn, brings reliable Attack Down, and helps with additional damage mitigation on top of what Duchess brings for you. Those two together add up to a lot of extra turns in a clan boss team, and will help you get to top chest Nightmare faster. Additionally, as a rare, he'll be much cheaper in resources and books to build and ascend.

After those three I'd encourage you to post again and we can look at who is next. Aox is nice, UDK is very nice... But it'll depend on where you need to progress next after CB. :)

Nov 3, 2022, 16:1311/03/22
02/11/21
ArgonianSam

Huh. But that is very good to know when mid hits. Ill Keep in mind to look for a good hard CC champ or 2. I'm currently hoarding for the next get one, get another legendary. So HOPEFULLY I get a decent Epic or 2 out of it too. I take it Iron twins, faction wars, and hydra are WAY far away from where I am progression wise?

At 6-months mark, you get Scyl of The Drakes, she's a great control champ with a passive heal.

Another thing to consider is if you have a champ with AOE A1, stun set from Fire Knight is great for control and it doesn't need accuracy. 

You can probably try early stages of Iron Twins and definitely do faction wars to the best of your abilities. Hydra and Doom Tower is more late-end game content. You will need good gear for that, especially to meet crit. rate demand without using gloves. When you're gearing your nukers with CDMG gloves while keeping 100% crit rate is when you get ready for late game. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 3, 2022, 18:3411/03/22
02/24/19
ArgonianSam

You'll get a lot of advice, sometimes people just throw out tips, champs, etc...

The key is to get that first team of 60s built. A team that can move into NM clan boss can start running the lower levels of Normal Doom Tower and Iron Twins without terrible trouble.

I would focus on getting that Duchess and Deacon built, then you'll have a solid start:

Drex

Deacon

Duchess 

Kael 

Then we add in Coffin Smasher for CB. After that we'll likely be looking at Ultimate Deathknight.

I wouldn't build Soulbond any further for quite some time. I also wouldn't stress about Reliquary Tender this second either. And with Alure + Deacon TM control, we've got super good Crowd Control already.

Scyl will be showing up at some point, and there's plenty of work to be farming Dragon 20, pushing Spider and trying to top chest Nightmare CB until then. :)

As far as Faction Wars, it's never too early to start running that daily, at least the first few levels, with whomever is on your Roster.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 3, 2022, 18:5011/03/22
Nov 3, 2022, 18:51(edited)
12/30/20
harleQuinn

You'll get a lot of advice, sometimes people just throw out tips, champs, etc...

The key is to get that first team of 60s built. A team that can move into NM clan boss can start running the lower levels of Normal Doom Tower and Iron Twins without terrible trouble.

I would focus on getting that Duchess and Deacon built, then you'll have a solid start:

Drex

Deacon

Duchess 

Kael 

Then we add in Coffin Smasher for CB. After that we'll likely be looking at Ultimate Deathknight.

I wouldn't build Soulbond any further for quite some time. I also wouldn't stress about Reliquary Tender this second either. And with Alure + Deacon TM control, we've got super good Crowd Control already.

Scyl will be showing up at some point, and there's plenty of work to be farming Dragon 20, pushing Spider and trying to top chest Nightmare CB until then. :)

As far as Faction Wars, it's never too early to start running that daily, at least the first few levels, with whomever is on your Roster.

I'd have to agree with the concept of staying focused on that first team of 60s especially when what we have is really, really strong. We'll see a huge jump start in progression if we don't start taking a spread out approach in terms of taking champs up and trying to do too much.

Getting a bit more specific, I don't see as much of a point early in champs like Reliquary Tender or Soulbond as they'll do little to nothing for progression. We have one of the best revivers in the game who will also also protect our team from debuffs and can (conditionally) heal, so I don't see much of a point in Tender at the moment. With Soulbond, she requires some pretty specific case uses (Stun sets, usually and much later down the road), as well as basically just being a single target nuker for you right now.

If we're going to start looking at champions who work in a limited set of content, they need to be ones who do their job very well and aren't redundant. Coffin Smasher is one because of what they bring to CB and potentially FK. Alure will eventually be one for you due to how invaluable she is in FK.

This is going to be a very, very strong account - early, too - especially if we stay on point.

Nov 3, 2022, 22:1411/03/22
04/02/20
dthorne04

I'd have to agree with the concept of staying focused on that first team of 60s especially when what we have is really, really strong. We'll see a huge jump start in progression if we don't start taking a spread out approach in terms of taking champs up and trying to do too much.

Getting a bit more specific, I don't see as much of a point early in champs like Reliquary Tender or Soulbond as they'll do little to nothing for progression. We have one of the best revivers in the game who will also also protect our team from debuffs and can (conditionally) heal, so I don't see much of a point in Tender at the moment. With Soulbond, she requires some pretty specific case uses (Stun sets, usually and much later down the road), as well as basically just being a single target nuker for you right now.

If we're going to start looking at champions who work in a limited set of content, they need to be ones who do their job very well and aren't redundant. Coffin Smasher is one because of what they bring to CB and potentially FK. Alure will eventually be one for you due to how invaluable she is in FK.

This is going to be a very, very strong account - early, too - especially if we stay on point.

Great to hear! I suppose it's even better that I'm saving up blues now, so that way I can stay focused on Deacon and Dutchess. I can do a few Faction wars things currently, such as shadowkin, demonspawn, and a little bit of progress for high elves. Enough to get epic mats at least for early perception gear. So that's my goal. Thanks to everyone for the advice and confirmation on a few things! I'll be back once deacon and Lilitu are 60 and we can look at what's next ya?

Nov 16, 2022, 06:2211/16/22
04/02/20
dthorne04

Update that I wanted a quick opinion on. Just pulled venomage. Is she priority over coffin smasher?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 16, 2022, 07:5011/16/22
02/24/19
ArgonianSam

Update that I wanted a quick opinion on. Just pulled venomage. Is she priority over coffin smasher?

Yep. Venomage is quite the pull. :)

CB poisoner, poison exploder, damage mitigator, dungeon runner, DT champ.