All Categories

Tournaments: GREAT IDEA...Unfortunately the rewards are not worth the time or the energy costs....

Tournaments: GREAT IDEA...Unfortunately the rewards are not worth the time or the energy costs....

Search
Jul 18, 2019, 15:2207/18/19
02/27/19

I will not be participating in this one. What about you? 

It takes me about 20 minutes to crank out three 4* food champs and a whole lot less energy. That is the top reward?!? The tomes are pointless for the top three because only three people will earn them and I know it won't be me because I am not willing to drop 5000 energy to earn a tome. I would rather get another champ to rank 6. 

I suggest a standings reward structure something like this. 

Places 51-100 get 5 rare tomes

Places 26-50 get 3 epic tomes

Places 4-25 get 1 Legendary and 1 Epic tome

Place 3 gets 1 Legendary and  2 Epic

Place 2 gets 1 Legendary and 3 Epic

Place 1 gets 3 Legendary and 3 Epic

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 18, 2019, 16:2707/18/19
06/24/19
I agree.  I like the idea but the rewards - if I understand is just A tome and not multiple.  There should be tiers of rewards and you should get more than just a single tome for 1,2,3.   Seems not worth it from any fashion.
Jul 18, 2019, 16:5407/18/19
03/16/19

I will participating but only for fun. I don't care about the rank or top three. I'm only play because i want to collect legendary artifact. 

Jul 18, 2019, 18:3007/18/19
Jul 18, 2019, 18:37(edited)
05/13/19

I think you are being a crybaby to be honest.

I think the Ice Golem Event is a perfect event.

Ice Golem event is a causal laid back event.

You can play the event at your own pace with out any stress.

Frankly, I think the event is a breathe of fresh air.

We have had so many intensive grinding events lately.

It is nice to have an event which isn’t so demanding.

The rewards are not bad, nor great.

They are in the middle.

This means people who want to try hard can at least get a decent reward.

This means people who want to relax can do so knowing they aren’t missing out on a whole lot.

Most end game people are dropping tons of energy into dungeons to get new 6 star gear.

They were doing it with no rewards just to get better gear.

The event has done nothing, but gave the players an extra incentive.

Previously, They are farming for gear with no other rewards

Now, They are farming for the gear while unlocking extra reward perks.

You are probably the only person really complaining about this.

Jul 18, 2019, 18:5507/18/19
07/15/19

Don't mind Player J.  He's just a forum troll. 

I agree with you OP.  I don't need any gear from that dungeon, so it makes no sense for me to waste my time and energy farming that just for the tournament.  

It would be different if I needed gear from that particular dungeon.  But, I don't, meanwhile I need Spider and masteries.  

The rewards are quite disappointing, and while suck ups might defend it (not to mention names...), the experienced players know better.  I think a lot of people won't be wasting their time when they see the rewards (or I should say lack thereof).  I mean really, what gear you going to use from that instance?  Maybe a few pieces for a select few champions in arena.  But for the most part, complete waste of time. :P

The rewards I would get from farming other dungeons WITHOUT a tournament or other additional rewards exceeds what I could potentially get from the tournament.  So no thanks, I'll pass too.

I had to double check the rewards.  I thought I must've been missing something at first, lol.  I mean ONE legendary tome only for the top player, who is going to be some 8 year old spending $100s of mommy and daddy's money to farm the dungeon all day?  No thanks, I have a life. :P

Jul 18, 2019, 19:2807/18/19
Jul 18, 2019, 19:33(edited)
04/19/19

The reward is a joke......I won't spend any $$$ on the energy packs just to get a 4* chicken, NO thanks.  I would rather spend my money to buy an organic chicken at the grocery.  If they want people to drop money on those energy packs, they should come up with better reward.   Most of us have exhausted most of our energies at the fuse event.  They surely anticipate us to buy those energy packs for this tournament.  But their greed has once again clouded their thought.......

Jul 18, 2019, 19:4807/18/19
05/13/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

Don't mind Player J.  He's just a forum troll. 

I agree with you OP.  I don't need any gear from that dungeon, so it makes no sense for me to waste my time and energy farming that just for the tournament.  

It would be different if I needed gear from that particular dungeon.  But, I don't, meanwhile I need Spider and masteries.  

The rewards are quite disappointing, and while suck ups might defend it (not to mention names...), the experienced players know better.  I think a lot of people won't be wasting their time when they see the rewards (or I should say lack thereof).  I mean really, what gear you going to use from that instance?  Maybe a few pieces for a select few champions in arena.  But for the most part, complete waste of time. :P

The rewards I would get from farming other dungeons WITHOUT a tournament or other additional rewards exceeds what I could potentially get from the tournament.  So no thanks, I'll pass too.

I had to double check the rewards.  I thought I must've been missing something at first, lol.  I mean ONE legendary tome only for the top player, who is going to be some 8 year old spending $100s of mommy and daddy's money to farm the dungeon all day?  No thanks, I have a life. :P

The only person trolling here is you.

You don’t have a clue what your doing.

You are an admitted beginner.

You say you don’t need gear from that dungeon.

It is due to your inexperience.

Some of the best sets in the game are in the Ice Golem Dungeon.

You will learn one day.
Jul 18, 2019, 22:4107/18/19
03/22/19

The rewards are a bit underwhelming. Plarium currently over values the chicken rewards, which was evident by the packs to buy them recently and how they released a second pack at almost half the price for almost the same content immediately after. Going by an announcement, this is the first of two tournaments, so it will be interesting to see how quickly these are rolled out because the last tournament left us in limbo for about a week with nothing to do.

The tournament itself is a bit lackluster, but it's not like you're getting nothing for the energy, you are still farming a dungeon as normal.