All Categories

Nightmare CB advice please

Search
Oct 30, 2022, 21:3710/30/22
09/22/22

Hey folks, I'm just over 2 months in and looking for some advice to advance my nm CB team. It's currently a 5-6 key job so at this point I'm just looking to get more damage/survivability out per key. The main area of advice I am looking for is who to swap out of my team, and who to swap in. I currently do not have a defence down champ in the mix. 

I'm currently running :

- udk (poison set, defence over 3k with lead)

- apo 

- ursula 

- toragi (recently replaced my Elhain)

- geo 

I would like to bring a defence down into the mix, but feel like it would be a trade replacing what some of my current champs bring. The main advice I need is  how to re rosta the team. I'm currently farming gear to bring defence up and accuracy banners in where needed. I have Anax and Fayne sitting at rank 4 atm if either of these would be viable?  Of course happy to grind out tank 6. If you'd like rosta sent, let me know! 

For now I'll farm the gear for acc/def/speed requirements and grind scrolls where needed ☺️

thank you in advance! 

JD

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 30, 2022, 21:4810/30/22
02/24/19

I wouldn't mind seeing your roster, if you wouldn't mind posting it here. :)

Oct 30, 2022, 21:5310/30/22
10/15/20

The champs you use are ok. Maybe not top tier for CB, but definety able to need less than 5-6 keys on NM.

It seems to be a problem with either gear or masteries. Do you have Warmaster/Giantslayer on everybody?

Oct 30, 2022, 21:5510/30/22
09/22/22

Thank you very much @harleQuinn 

i

i

If there are any rares that could be viable that aren't shown in these screenshots then let me know and I'll check to see if I have them ☺️

Oct 30, 2022, 22:0110/30/22
Oct 30, 2022, 22:01(edited)
09/22/22
Skadi

The champs you use are ok. Maybe not top tier for CB, but definety able to need less than 5-6 keys on NM.

It seems to be a problem with either gear or masteries. Do you have Warmaster/Giantslayer on everybody?

I have  warmaster on udk. And had it on Elhain however Ive just swapped her out for Toragi Who needs scroll farming for. 

geo had warmaster, just done a free mastery reset though so I can re scroll for CB Spec. Approx 70 scrolls away from getting warmaster back on him. 

and apo/ursula need scrolls farmed, will 100% get giantslayer for apo, just unsure if ursala will be staying or not at this point ☺️

Oct 31, 2022, 16:0210/31/22
09/22/22

is there anything viable here @harleQuinn ? Prepared to do anything to make it a 2-3 key job. been farming spider all day today to try get more acc banners onto account as well as Minotaur farming ☺️

Oct 31, 2022, 16:2910/31/22
06/25/20

I think at first glance, what I would probably suggest is:

• Giscard (DEF up) - make him slowest
  • Toragi (AP, Poison) - make him second-slowest
  • Fayne (Debuffs)
  • Sachi (Leech) - TURN OFF A3
  • UDK (stun target)

Everyone should be between 170 and 189 speed. It's not ideal - UDK only gets a 50% chance on bosses to absorb the attack, so the stun may go off on someone else instead. But as long as Fayne is lead on blue CB, you should be okay - on red CB, Toragi may take some stuns, but you should have enough protection from everyone else that you can afford for him to fall out of sync.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 16:3010/31/22
02/24/19
Jdsgames

is there anything viable here @harleQuinn ? Prepared to do anything to make it a 2-3 key job. been farming spider all day today to try get more acc banners onto account as well as Minotaur farming ☺️

Hello there! Let me take a look. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 16:4510/31/22
02/24/19

I see Krama has team suggested there... but I would go a different way on a few champs. 

First off, I would make sure the champs I am using have their proper Warmaster/Giantslayer masteries. This makes up a huge damage difference, especially when you're trying to push having a 2-3 key for the first time. Or even just a 4 key. lol

Giscard is a great recommendation. He'll bring a Dec Atk for the CB, as well as nice Inc Def and Inc Atk buffs for your team. He is also a strong champ in Faction Wars and earlier Tag Team, so he's not a wasted build to 60.

Toragi ofc is the CB king. His Ally Protection, coupled with heals and poisons, make him an excellent addition to any killable CB team. He brings more Dec Atk for CB to ensure it is always on him.

Anax is the better DPS for a killable CB team. His Inc Def and Inc Atk passives make it easier to keep him alive when he takes a solid shot, and he can get an extra turn at 10% of his health, enabling another huge Warmaster proc of healing from Leech.  He also has about 100 extra base defense, and his self healing attack on his A3 is quite good (better than Fayne's self healing)

Speaking of Leech, we need it. While Krama suggested Sachi for Leech, I would recommend Runekeeper Dazdurk, who has Leech, an Inc Attack with TM fill, AND a full team cleanse and heal on a 4 turn cooldown. This makes him EXCELLENT for making your future teams affinity friendly in the proper 4:3 tunes. He's great in most areas of the game as well, and will shine in FW.

Finally, we get UDK for shields and absorbing the stuns as much as possible, redirecting quite a few even when he's not the stun Target. His self healing and naturally high defense should make up for the regular damage, enabling him to take the Max HP based stun attack.

Also, if you're just pushing NM right now, and not pushing UNM, the key isn't to be all super sync'd up or anything. I wouldn't stress overly much about speeds. Just get those champs built up first, then we can look at a good 4:3 speed tune to slot everyone into that works with Runekeeper's TM boost.

If I was starting with any rankups, I would rank up Anax first, followed by Giscard then Runekeeper, swapping Anax out for Geomancer, Giscard for Ursala, then Runekeeper for Apothecary.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 16:4710/31/22
02/24/19

If you're feeling Froggy though, and want to just rely on Toragi doing his thing and Apo heals and boosts, when you rank up Anax and get him masteried, you can try this:

• UDK
  • Anax
  • Geomancer
  • Toragi
  • Ursala

And that should get you 3-4 keying on their own, tbh, given that you have them all above 170 speed and try to make Toragi the slowest. :)

Oct 31, 2022, 17:0110/31/22
10/15/20

Is UDK really that strong vs. CB? His A1 provoke doesn't work, his atk debuff from the A2 is not needed with Giscard and Toragi and his passive will take the stun hit only 50% of the time. 

I suggest Harle's first mentioned team with Geomancer instead of UDK: Giscard, Toragi, Runekeeper, Anax, Geomancer.

Geo's damage vs. CB is as good as cheating. A 5-times-hit with inherent chance for Giantslayer everytime the CB does an AoE attack on your team. 

In the end that's the interesting part in Raid. So many different ways and strategies to choose. 3 players and 4 suggested teams. 🙂

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 17:4010/31/22
Oct 31, 2022, 17:42(edited)
02/24/19
Skadi

Is UDK really that strong vs. CB? His A1 provoke doesn't work, his atk debuff from the A2 is not needed with Giscard and Toragi and his passive will take the stun hit only 50% of the time. 

I suggest Harle's first mentioned team with Geomancer instead of UDK: Giscard, Toragi, Runekeeper, Anax, Geomancer.

Geo's damage vs. CB is as good as cheating. A 5-times-hit with inherent chance for Giantslayer everytime the CB does an AoE attack on your team. 

In the end that's the interesting part in Raid. So many different ways and strategies to choose. 3 players and 4 suggested teams. 🙂

Yes, UDK is that good.

I wouldn't mind pulling him out eventually in favor of more damage, and yeah, we slot Geomancer in there, but only when we are surviving long enough, and when we are ready to properly speed tune and have everyone built. But until then, he's a survival machine, especially for earlier accounts. He just gets in there and does solid work, and is one of those champs that is way more than the sum of his parts on paper.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 31, 2022, 17:5810/31/22
12/30/20
Skadi

Lots of strategies but we're trying to get to the best one(s) I hope. :)

UDK being able to soak up the stun in a comp with ally protect/inc def/strengthen is quite good. 

Oct 31, 2022, 18:2610/31/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

I see Krama has team suggested there... but I would go a different way on a few champs. 

First off, I would make sure the champs I am using have their proper Warmaster/Giantslayer masteries. This makes up a huge damage difference, especially when you're trying to push having a 2-3 key for the first time. Or even just a 4 key. lol

Giscard is a great recommendation. He'll bring a Dec Atk for the CB, as well as nice Inc Def and Inc Atk buffs for your team. He is also a strong champ in Faction Wars and earlier Tag Team, so he's not a wasted build to 60.

Toragi ofc is the CB king. His Ally Protection, coupled with heals and poisons, make him an excellent addition to any killable CB team. He brings more Dec Atk for CB to ensure it is always on him.

Anax is the better DPS for a killable CB team. His Inc Def and Inc Atk passives make it easier to keep him alive when he takes a solid shot, and he can get an extra turn at 10% of his health, enabling another huge Warmaster proc of healing from Leech.  He also has about 100 extra base defense, and his self healing attack on his A3 is quite good (better than Fayne's self healing)

Speaking of Leech, we need it. While Krama suggested Sachi for Leech, I would recommend Runekeeper Dazdurk, who has Leech, an Inc Attack with TM fill, AND a full team cleanse and heal on a 4 turn cooldown. This makes him EXCELLENT for making your future teams affinity friendly in the proper 4:3 tunes. He's great in most areas of the game as well, and will shine in FW.

Finally, we get UDK for shields and absorbing the stuns as much as possible, redirecting quite a few even when he's not the stun Target. His self healing and naturally high defense should make up for the regular damage, enabling him to take the Max HP based stun attack.

Also, if you're just pushing NM right now, and not pushing UNM, the key isn't to be all super sync'd up or anything. I wouldn't stress overly much about speeds. Just get those champs built up first, then we can look at a good 4:3 speed tune to slot everyone into that works with Runekeeper's TM boost.

If I was starting with any rankups, I would rank up Anax first, followed by Giscard then Runekeeper, swapping Anax out for Geomancer, Giscard for Ursala, then Runekeeper for Apothecary.

We're not concerned about the extra turn from Anax and the TM boosting from Dazdurk throwing rotations off? I guess the theory is that his gear is unlikely to be able to meet proper tuning requirements right now, so the focus is just on making the team survive, and less about having them be in the correct order?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 18:4610/31/22
Oct 31, 2022, 18:52(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

We're not concerned about the extra turn from Anax and the TM boosting from Dazdurk throwing rotations off? I guess the theory is that his gear is unlikely to be able to meet proper tuning requirements right now, so the focus is just on making the team survive, and less about having them be in the correct order?

Those were my thoughts exactly. :)

TM fills can be built into any tune, so that's never too huge of an issue. Only when a champ boosts solely themselves does it start to give us major problems.

With Anax, if your DPS champ is going down to 10% health, you're about to lose them anyhow. Run is fixing to be over, time to squeeze out a bit more.

And with their base stats, Fayne would typically die in the same gear that Anax would survive at 8% on. So basically Anax might get us a couple extra turns, that's not a ton sure, but he won't absolutely throw eveything off, depending on when it happens and which buffs are getting renewed after he goes. And every poison counts when pushing up, especially some cheeky poisons you can get after he would have died. 

I also think his big self heal on his A3 significantly adds to his sustain in killable teams over Fayne. Coupled with his self applied Inc Def,  he should have a lot of durability compared to the mouse.

Oct 31, 2022, 19:0510/31/22
09/22/22

Thank you very much all of you for your input, it's always appreciated and gives me a solid plan of which areas to get my head down with moving forward. I have been eager to build Anax for a while and it's nice to now be at a point where I can zone in on him, the decrease defence  a1 when it lands as well should make a difference. 

current nightmare damage is 7.5-8.5mil per key. 

I will drop back in a week or two to give you all an update on progress so we can see where I'm at and review gear and tuning moving forward ☺️ 

JD

Nov 1, 2022, 14:4811/01/22
09/22/22

I've just rank 6'd Anax. out of Interest, who should I be prioritising books with at the moment? Geo is fully booked, not sure whether to fully book ursala, Toragi or Anax next. I've invested 5 into ursula, 2 into Toragi at this point and have a couple that I've got in the last 24 hours. who needs booking and who doesn't need booking is something I've struggled with ☺️

Nov 1, 2022, 15:0611/01/22
06/25/20

Why are you putting any books into Ursala at all? Do you have a specific need for her somewhere?

As for Toragi or Anax, the normal answer would be Toragi but ... your team isn't exactly normal. I would probably hold off on booking either of them for now, and just see how the team does when it's built. If you're only lasting, say, 15 turns, then it's unlikely booking anyone will make a huge impact.

I do want to emphasise that last point once more though - it's critical that you not spend books on anyone until you have a reason to do so. They aren't going to be easy to come by early on, and wasting them on the wrong people will set you back a huge amount.

Nov 1, 2022, 15:4811/01/22
09/22/22
kramaswamy.kr

Why are you putting any books into Ursala at all? Do you have a specific need for her somewhere?

As for Toragi or Anax, the normal answer would be Toragi but ... your team isn't exactly normal. I would probably hold off on booking either of them for now, and just see how the team does when it's built. If you're only lasting, say, 15 turns, then it's unlikely booking anyone will make a huge impact.

I do want to emphasise that last point once more though - it's critical that you not spend books on anyone until you have a reason to do so. They aren't going to be easy to come by early on, and wasting them on the wrong people will set you back a huge amount.

Okay thank you Krama, I will save them up. I've been getting quite a few from CB and tournaments recently. I invested them into ursala due to her being used in most of my teams for now and the cool-down on resurrection reduction will help out a lot for future FW grinds ( a long way off I know) ☺️ 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 1, 2022, 16:3511/01/22
02/24/19
Jdsgames

I've just rank 6'd Anax. out of Interest, who should I be prioritising books with at the moment? Geo is fully booked, not sure whether to fully book ursala, Toragi or Anax next. I've invested 5 into ursula, 2 into Toragi at this point and have a couple that I've got in the last 24 hours. who needs booking and who doesn't need booking is something I've struggled with ☺️

Toragi certainly needs his book. There IS a good reason to do so, and those reasons are getting his Dec Atk% chance up and getting the cooldown on his Ally Protection & Heal down to 3 turns.

He is a priority for continuing to progress in CB, and plays super well in almost any dungeon or DT team, and I would be booking my Toragi ASAP if I pulled him on a starter account.

Just because your team isn't going to be "speed tuned" yet and isn't "normal" doesn't mean anything about how much a team benefits from having a two turn Ally Protection up every 3 turns versus only every 5 turns. 

Please get to booking him. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 1, 2022, 16:3711/01/22
Nov 1, 2022, 16:50(edited)
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

Hmm, I get the point you're trying to make but contextually Ursala is the kind of champion we should be using in a ton of content given OPs roster, not to mention she's part of the CB team too. We know we can use her in a wide variety of content and will be doing so for a long time. 

Maybe she's not our first choice given the focus on the CB team here, which I can accept. I would also be fine chilling out on books once we land in the A3 though, given we have a pretty big need for epic books on this account. 

Toragi on the other hand absolutely needs books to function and we know he'll be in our CB team (at the least) until we get an unkillable comp. The saving of books as a concept is fine, but I think flawed in its application here.