All Categories

My reaction to the Morrigaine Fusion requirements

Search
Oct 27, 2022, 12:3310/27/22
09/14/20

Hello, this is my personal opinion and reaction. 

Let my state first, that I already have Ma'Shalled and Lyssandra and therefor I am not in need of Morrigaine's skillset. 

For me, the decision whether doing the fusion or not did depend on the initial requirements which would be placed in this fusion. I compared the values now in place with those from the Brogni fusion (some tables are visible on youtube)

Champion training: I saw the requirements for the first rare being at 3500 points, 9350 points for the second rare. In comparison, these had been at  3200 for the rare, 7150 for the EPIC.

Artifact enhancement: Up to 4000 points from a 1500-2625 point value before.

Fire Knight is at 2250 points, which is the norm for the last fusions. The rewards does not include anything remotedly presenting energy or gems...just some silver, some brews and some mortal soulstones...

The rewards to these stages are very miniscule...getting 15 gems for getting 1000 points in artifact enhancement is not really enticing in my opinion.

Overall, this led to my decision to skip this fusion...Increasing point requirements, decreasing rewards and an overall champion I do not really need...it is the second skip in a row....

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 27, 2022, 12:4510/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 12:47(edited)
10/15/20

Someone posted stats based on all fusions to show whether these are getting harder overall and i think they suggested the fusions are not getting harder (which was against my gut instinct).

I do think the rewards in the events have gotten worse however (again a gut feeling).

As for being able to do the events, i can do most fusions if i really really want the champ, but the amount of time required is ridiculous. Doing a fusion requires your device to be tied up all day 

It is what it is however, no-one forces us to do the fusions, personally i skip more than i do nowadays and just do the ones that i can see a definite role for.

Oct 27, 2022, 13:0210/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 13:04(edited)
09/14/20
trevor.wilson

Someone posted stats based on all fusions to show whether these are getting harder overall and i think they suggested the fusions are not getting harder (which was against my gut instinct).

I do think the rewards in the events have gotten worse however (again a gut feeling).

As for being able to do the events, i can do most fusions if i really really want the champ, but the amount of time required is ridiculous. Doing a fusion requires your device to be tied up all day 

It is what it is however, no-one forces us to do the fusions, personally i skip more than i do nowadays and just do the ones that i can see a definite role for.

Yeah, this is the benefit of an advanced account. I remember the struggles in the early days and the need and thirst for new champions...sitting for hours at the keyboard (in my case) and trying to get the required points.

Nowadays I am looking at the champion and can decide whether I want or need to do the fusion or not...whether I'll spent the time to get him/her/it or whether I enjoy other activities.

It is kind of relaxing...

Oh...and I did take a look at some fusion guides BGE made at his time...the point requirements there were way lower....you might have seen Nubkeks doing a comparison...

Oct 27, 2022, 13:0810/27/22
10/15/20
Matrim

Yeah, this is the benefit of an advanced account. I remember the struggles in the early days and the need and thirst for new champions...sitting for hours at the keyboard (in my case) and trying to get the required points.

Nowadays I am looking at the champion and can decide whether I want or need to do the fusion or not...whether I'll spent the time to get him/her/it or whether I enjoy other activities.

It is kind of relaxing...

Oh...and I did take a look at some fusion guides BGE made at his time...the point requirements there were way lower....you might have seen Nubkeks doing a comparison...

Yeh my gut feeling is the requirements are higher too.

I think royalrose posted some stats about it when i questioned champ training requirements for ukko.

I agree its a totally different prospect if a mature account.

Oct 27, 2022, 13:2510/27/22
07/08/19

brogni is a pretty bad comparison, imo. for one thing, his was a hybrid fusion, so the rewards were set up differently. that 7k points wasn't for an epic; it was for 20% of one. the last classic fusion that did offer an epic from champ training (that i can find the data for) took 12k. 

brogni also took place a year and a half ago. you are correct that the requirements have been increasing, but thats always been the case. they've been creeping upwards for as long as fusions have been a thing, so a comparison over that big a timespan obviously show a pretty big difference.

Oct 27, 2022, 14:4910/27/22
01/15/21

Why should requirements keep increasing?

Oct 27, 2022, 15:5110/27/22
07/13/22
Trevor Wilson

to get people to spend money. period. 

Oct 27, 2022, 16:2310/27/22
06/25/20
Trevor Wilson

Because our ability to complete these becomes steadily easier as time goes on. It's natural for the requirements to increase. That said, the fact that you can't skip any event this time around does indeed make it comparable to brogni, and the champ is far from as useful. I'll still get it, since I have nothing else to do, but I'm not happy about it.

Oct 27, 2022, 17:0010/27/22
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

Because our ability to complete these becomes steadily easier as time goes on. It's natural for the requirements to increase. That said, the fact that you can't skip any event this time around does indeed make it comparable to brogni, and the champ is far from as useful. I'll still get it, since I have nothing else to do, but I'm not happy about it.

I cant complete the fusion.  Its not a matter of choice.  I dont have the resources and cant afford the $$$$.  

Do the rare or epic offer any value on their own?  

Oct 27, 2022, 17:0810/27/22
06/25/20

Epic can still solo dragon 25 in about 2min30s, so if you don't have anyone who can do that, then yes it still has value 

Oct 27, 2022, 17:3610/27/22
04/19/20
kramaswamy.kr

yeah increase more and more fusion req barely any player will play and spend resurses to farm 10 h on pc pr mobile to farm single blue champ

bravo

Oct 27, 2022, 18:4610/27/22
01/15/21

Yes the epics will be useful in faction wars too since we will be initially starved of decent champs for that 

Oct 27, 2022, 20:0310/27/22
06/25/20
azuredarko

yeah increase more and more fusion req barely any player will play and spend resurses to farm 10 h on pc pr mobile to farm single blue champ

bravo

You're new. Or at least, from your post, you sound like you are. This game is fairly old at this point.

Power creep happens in any game. The longer the game is out, the harder new content needs to be, because existing players get better at doing things. New players always get left behind.

Typically, this is solved by giving new players methods to "catch up", via boosts, free things, etc, for newer players. I'd imagine Plarium is probably reviewing their onboarding process for newer players, and wouldn't be surprised if it were updated.

Oct 27, 2022, 20:0610/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 20:07(edited)
11/16/20

She has a cool Anchor Must fuse. 

Oct 28, 2022, 08:2610/28/22
03/30/19

It's pathetic.

Hard skip.

They used to give us two epics (champion training / summoning event), then down to 1, and now they don't even give a single one from events. Fusions are becoming too hard, and I don't mean in terms of energy, gems or whatever - I mean in terms of time investment in clicking, ascending, leveling up etc. I don't care for them anymore. 

Nov 10, 2022, 15:2811/10/22
04/19/20
kramaswamy.kr

You're new. Or at least, from your post, you sound like you are. This game is fairly old at this point.

Power creep happens in any game. The longer the game is out, the harder new content needs to be, because existing players get better at doing things. New players always get left behind.

Typically, this is solved by giving new players methods to "catch up", via boosts, free things, etc, for newer players. I'd imagine Plarium is probably reviewing their onboarding process for newer players, and wouldn't be surprised if it were updated.

im not new i play 3 years raid and i know im right about each time new fusion comes the increase req to get it

Nov 10, 2022, 17:1711/10/22
10/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

I don't want to do 700 dungeons at lvl 25 to get the required points from dungeon diver tournaments. Unlike summon rush events I don't even see how they want to earn money with that ridiculous dungeon divers. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 10, 2022, 19:2311/10/22
Nov 10, 2022, 19:23(edited)
12/30/20
Skadi

I don't want to do 700 dungeons at lvl 25 to get the required points from dungeon diver tournaments. Unlike summon rush events I don't even see how they want to earn money with that ridiculous dungeon divers. 

I'll assume the 700 dungeons was meant to be hyperbole but even at 3750 points it should take around 200 to 250 runs depending on 20/24/25 and some common variance. :)

Nov 10, 2022, 19:4111/10/22
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

I can see your reasoning for increasing the requirements although I do not share your opinion completely. 

A late game player can meet the requirements and finish tournaments more easily...I agree with you here. 

For a late game player, a champion or tournament/event will not have the same impact regarding the rewards as it would have for an early-game player. 

Therefor the late game player needs to give more ressources to have less progression. This is essnetially true for rewards in tournaments/events and carries over to some fusions. 

The LGP gets less vallueable rewards for more effort...I think this is what is potentially frustrating for many players.