All Categories

Forge gear

Forge gear

Search
Oct 26, 2022, 01:5910/26/22
05/03/20

Forge gear

Will forge gear make grinding dragons obsolete?

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 26, 2022, 12:2410/26/22
02/24/19

Do you mean Forge Pass? Or just Forge Gear in general?

Forge Pass lets early game and mid game folks skip some of the dragon grind, yeah.

And I believe that forge gear in general is much better to spend your time farming, both in Doom Tower and Faction Wars, over the dungeons. At least once you can start crafting the 5-6 gear. If I've got limited time for the game, I always make sure to hit CB and farm FW for mat, ats the minimum.

Oct 26, 2022, 16:0910/26/22
06/25/20

But to your specific question, I would say the answer is ... "maybe"?

Personally I've stopped running Dragon completely, and I just solo farm Spider now, because the only thing I really care about from Dragon is Speed sets, and ... I don't really care about those anymore.

Oct 27, 2022, 17:1110/27/22
05/03/20
harleQuinn

Do you mean Forge Pass? Or just Forge Gear in general?

Forge Pass lets early game and mid game folks skip some of the dragon grind, yeah.

And I believe that forge gear in general is much better to spend your time farming, both in Doom Tower and Faction Wars, over the dungeons. At least once you can start crafting the 5-6 gear. If I've got limited time for the game, I always make sure to hit CB and farm FW for mat, ats the minimum.

FW should be a priority over dungeons?

Oct 27, 2022, 17:2410/27/22
06/25/20

Do you mean in terms of what you do? Or what you focus on advancing in? If the former, there's no reason you can't do both, unless time is a problem. If the latter, you probably want to make sure all dungeons are on farm at level 20, and then focus on advancing in FW.

Oct 27, 2022, 18:3310/27/22
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

Do you mean in terms of what you do? Or what you focus on advancing in? If the former, there's no reason you can't do both, unless time is a problem. If the latter, you probably want to make sure all dungeons are on farm at level 20, and then focus on advancing in FW.

Its about managing resources.  Dungeon gear is low value with all the new hybrid gear.  Speed and lifesteal have variations of better gear.  It seems to me that I can sell, or avoid, most dungeon gear.  I can use resources and storage for the new, better gear.  I have 43 varieties of gear in storage.  Much of it is inferior from dungeons.  If there is a time when I need a set of inferior gear for a specific champ and team, I can farm it.  Why roll it out and store it?

Oct 27, 2022, 18:3610/27/22
06/25/20

Faction wars and dungeons don't use the same resources, so you don't need to choose between them.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 27, 2022, 18:5410/27/22
12/30/20
ClosedPoly

Its about managing resources.  Dungeon gear is low value with all the new hybrid gear.  Speed and lifesteal have variations of better gear.  It seems to me that I can sell, or avoid, most dungeon gear.  I can use resources and storage for the new, better gear.  I have 43 varieties of gear in storage.  Much of it is inferior from dungeons.  If there is a time when I need a set of inferior gear for a specific champ and team, I can farm it.  Why roll it out and store it?

Unless you are steady farming Scarab, Fae, Griffin (I think Guardian > Bloodthirst from Eternal Dragon) in Hard Doom Tower and are steady farming FW21s across the board, this isn't a real issue for you at the moment. I have a lot of high end rolls from Hydra, Forge Pass, Perception/Swift Parry and the aforementioned Hard DT gear but you're going to at the very least want sets like Speed, Immunity, Savage, Regen and sometimes Stalwart, Reflex and Resist. Though the latter two mean we have to farm Ice Golem. This is also not to mention you're going to run into excellent one off pieces you'll keep. 

The point I'm trying to make is you're a long way off from worrying about the variations of better gear. At the very least, roll out to 8 (even in broken pieces from bad sets) when it's a decent set of substats.