All Categories

Tag Arena Gold One

Tag Arena Gold One

Search
Oct 25, 2022, 07:4910/25/22
02/28/22

Tag Arena Gold One

As this is a mission - Reach Gold One in the Tag Team Arena - which even when you 'git gud' becomes more far fetched every week due to the fact only 7000 players can be in it and in fact in all of Gold 17000 players, I think it's become as big a block as getting Arbiter was.

How many players actually move up each week?  How many reach the mission each week?  As the rankings went awray last week theres now more whales in S4 trying to get back up

It's a crazy situation made worse as there is no points target, a possibility to promote once a week, so 52 chances in a year which may sound a lot, but compared to Classic you can aim for promotion evey day

How about it MODS - find out how many get promoted each week to G1 and how many reach the mission each week, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I know it's becoming more and more discussed in my clan

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 08:4410/25/22
02/24/19

Hi there, I'm a "MODS" I guess.

I don't have a list or numbers of every player trying to get their Gold tag mission done, nor will I be compiling one. 

But I'm in Gold Tag. And did it just by "getting good" without a bunch of spending, by focusing specifically on PvP for some time, and building dedicated, solid Tag Team defenses. @dthorne04 is there too. While Trips, Tyr and Krama aren't mods, they're in Gold tag. Most of the people I just listed, including myself, are very low spenders or F2P.

Points target to move up is about 1450-1500, maybe a touch higher, depending on the week. 

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 25, 2022, 09:0210/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 09:02(edited)
12/30/20

Hello, fellow MODS here. 

Admittedly, I'm one that had trouble moving up to G1 despite a strong roster and consulted @harleQuinn on how I might best go about that. Lo and behold, with that advice and gearing I was able to move up. 

I can't speak to your roster @Ratted, and I know how unfun that jump from S4 to G1 can be, but I do think it's something that's possible with time and effort.

Oct 25, 2022, 09:4410/25/22
02/28/22

Ok, maybe I'm just getting frustrated week in week out, I get into the green but inevitably not far enough it seems as Sunday night during my sleep time, (which interferes with my gameplay but still seems a necessary inconvenience) I get attacked and demoted to yellow

I have a good roster, probably don't make enough of the guys I have. I'm missing a champ like Brogni who protects the team and I'm two factions off Lydia

You're probably right though, I've got 50+ legendaries so I suppose geared right I should 'git gud'

I'd still like to know how many actually can move up each week though as I think the number reaching this mission is going to grow and Gold tiers will increasingly get stronger and fewer will progress each week

There are some I've talked to who were in gold, unfortunatly demoted due to the glitch and say they can't get back as the teams now are way stronger

Oct 25, 2022, 12:0910/25/22
06/25/20

I've found it rather effortless to move back into G1 in the few situations where I end up dropping (usually just due to not being able to play enough). I know that won't really give you much solace, though.

You can post your roster and we can try to help build you better teams. With UDK and Mithrala, it's never been easier :)

Oct 26, 2022, 09:3910/26/22
02/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

I've found it rather effortless to move back into G1 in the few situations where I end up dropping (usually just due to not being able to play enough). I know that won't really give you much solace, though.

You can post your roster and we can try to help build you better teams. With UDK and Mithrala, it's never been easier :)

Thanks,  This is my lot, and my defence team 

i

I usually attack with some of these teams

Duchess, UDK, Rotos, MK

Kymar, Lyssandra, Serris, Kreela - speed/nuke

Cardial, Shazaar, Kymer, Souldrinker - bomb

Kymer, Big Un, Sep Sent, Foli, - Cardial/Galius teams kill and stop revive

Anyway, G1 would be good, I'll get Lydia soon and the rest I'm ok with Thanks again

i

i

Oct 26, 2022, 16:2510/26/22
06/25/20

Go-second:

Duchess + Mithrala + UDK + Rotos. Mithrala in Guardian, UDK in Stoneskin, Duchess in Stoneskin, Rotos in whatever your best gear is. If you can't get two good Stoneskin sets going, then put UDK in Bolster instead. Duchess should survive the nuke - you'll want her in high-ish RES, but she doesn't need to be absurdly high. Avoid Serris if possible, just because you don't want to play the coin-flip game. Get Duchess in like, 450-500 RES, and then divide the rest of the stats between SPD, HP, and DEF. Mithrala should be pretty evenly SPD, HP, DEF. If UDK is running Bolster, he'll want to have very high HP, otherwise, divide them evenly between HP and DEF. He doesn't need any other stats. Rotos will want to be focusing on CD/ATK, but don't make him too slow either.

Cardinal:

Cardinal + Serris + Yannica + Genbo, if you have Genbo. If you don't, then Cardinal + Serris + Ninja + Foli. Run Ninja with around 500 ACC - his job is to freeze people that might be running Swift Parry, as well as people like Skullcrown. Avoid Leorius teams.

Speed Nuke:

Arbiter + Kymar + Umbral + Bloodgorged. Arbiter is obviously going to be fast, Kymar needs to be fast enough to go after Arbiter with no cut-in, and running 500+ ACC. Umbral needs to be running 500+ ACC as well. Bloodgorged needs to be fully booked to cycle his cooldowns, and should just be built as a glass cannon. Goal is to take out their most dangerous person first with Bloodgorged, and then slowly work through the rest. If that person is too tanky to take out with his A3, make sure to use your A2 first to soften them up.

Run Cardinal versus their speed nuke if possible, if not, run Go-second vs their speed nuke. Run Speed nuke versus their go-second. Run Go-second versus their Cardinal if it's there, or, if not, run it versus their random other team.

Oct 27, 2022, 07:4010/27/22
02/28/22

Thank you very much for the advice, very kind and I will try your recommendations 

Oct 27, 2022, 09:2710/27/22

Big block for Arbiter ??? Tag gold 1 need for Ramantu isn't ?

Oct 27, 2022, 10:2710/27/22
09/28/22

I would just like to point out that acording to the guides there are 940 promotion / demotion places each week for silver to gold.

So I would say to answer your question about how many get promoted each week, I would answer 940.

Also I do agree that I think it's a bit stupid that you can only get promoted once each week as I have the same issue that I get knocked out of the promotion zone just before reset when I'm not playing.

Oct 27, 2022, 11:0310/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 11:04(edited)
10/15/20

I am having similar issues in tag, although i am trying to push into G2 and stay in G2, and i agree tag is rough (for me at least) - i swing between the G1 and G2 each week

kramasky made great suggestions, the one thing i would suggest is put in your defence early if you are looking to climb, it is easy to get into the habit of no defence until friday and you can have too many points to get back. 

Also if you want to stay in the group or push up, you really need to be far into green when going to sleep. It doesnt matter what defence you use there is always a counter as i am sure you know so there is always a high likliehood you will be hit.

Oct 28, 2022, 11:5710/28/22
02/28/22
Minimee

I would just like to point out that acording to the guides there are 940 promotion / demotion places each week for silver to gold.

So I would say to answer your question about how many get promoted each week, I would answer 940.

Also I do agree that I think it's a bit stupid that you can only get promoted once each week as I have the same issue that I get knocked out of the promotion zone just before reset when I'm not playing.

Thanks, hadn't seen those figures

Agreed totally with the absurdity if weekly promotions/demotions, thing is with that is there are the 940 who got demoted who obviously have strong teams as they have already been promoted with the ever increasing number of players who need to complete the mission.  The 940 is a figure but what would be the figure to really know would be how many promote each week who haven't been in G1 before

Oct 28, 2022, 15:5810/28/22
10/11/20

To me personally, this weekly sistem seems a better option overall than the one in Classic, where you have to be on guard all the time and fight all the time if you want to maintain your tier. You get 3 or 4 days of easy fights without worrying about dropping down. I definitely wouldn't want to have to spend 5 or 6 hours a day in tag, fighting +4 Nekreth's and Dutchess in full Stoneskin. This way, you can at least plan ahead and fight real battles only 2 or 3 days before reset. Time constraints and  time zone constraints are a constant in this game, but I think if Tag were different, more similar to Classic, it would be worse. 

Oct 28, 2022, 16:3810/28/22
05/09/21

Although it doesn't help you right now, from my very own experience I can tell you that even it's rather difficult to get into G1, once you got there, it it's rather easy to stay in G1

Oct 28, 2022, 18:0910/28/22
01/15/21
KingNaresuan

Although it doesn't help you right now, from my very own experience I can tell you that even it's rather difficult to get into G1, once you got there, it it's rather easy to stay in G1

Definitely, i remember s4 being a bloodbath at reset.