All Categories

The Foli Ultimatum

The Foli Ultimatum

Search
Jul 16, 2019, 19:2207/16/19

The Foli Ultimatum

Do you feel strongly about the recent Foli fusion event? Hard-done by, frustrated, perhaps poor? If so, you might consider giving Plarium an ultimatum. Plarium – listen hard:

Make each fusion-fodder champion possible to get without spending money before the end of the Fusion event – or we’ll stop. That’s right stop playing, stop paying, and start leaving negative reviews.

Plarium – you have taken us on a blind ultra-marathon event with the passengers believing that through all the discomfort and hard work, they will claim the precious legendary champion Foli. Unfortunately, we have been too trusting and have been led astray. Luckily, the fusion event still goes for another couple of weeks – so there is still time Plarium, to make amends and show that you are not just about greed over your players and their experience.

Is Foli pay-only? Yes (with very few exceptions).

If you knew that this event was coming, and somehow had known what you would need to prepare and had the opportunity and foresight to have stockpiled endless energy, legendary shards (thanks Centurion), and have endless time to keep your device playing out repetitive battles where you must hit ‘replay’ with occasional painstaking tidy-ups… would you be guaranteed Foli? Still no. He is still a drop chance in two dungeons. You may get lucky, or you might not. It doesn’t matter if you have grinded across every spare minute, there is no guarantee of getting Foli.

Maybe this is a lesson in futility. I went on this poorly transparent journey and wouldn’t have bothered if I had realised that we would need legendary shards to burn after the longest marathon of a levelling event (I got the Towering Titan). Or that the Spider the Fire Lord have such low drop rates – that burning through 2000+ energy, I still have nothing to show for it. And that’s the thing – These event grinds are not fun, they are a means to an end. We go through them to build our more powerful team to do the things we actually choose to do and enjoy. But to have so much grind, so much of the worst bits of the game, for not only no reward, but a “haha in your face” sentiment with the shards for centurion and low % dungeon drops. That’s too far. You can’t expect people to get Foli without money, and lots of it. I was hoping that hard-work would balance it out. No.

Do you feel the same? Do you want Plarium to treat its players with more respect? If so – you might want to consider adding your voice to the Foli Ultimatum and give real players (not just the rich ones) a chance to earn him. You’ve got less than two weeks Parium – the clock is ticking…

In the meanwhile, I’m stopping the grind – not paying another cent, and just doing what I want and like doing on the game. I just wish they had been transparent and I had known that at the start…

Views
Comments