All Categories

Newbie - Am I Missing Something Here for the Events???

Search
Jul 11, 2019, 19:3907/11/19
07/11/19

I am a fairly new player.  Had to sign up here, because I am confused.

I started playing this game and it has been a lot of fun.  That is until this whole fusion event and multiple mini-events being thrown at us at once.

Most the reviews on the app store claim you can participate in the events without spending money.  Plarium copies and pastes that same thing time and time again on the reviews in the app store.

I have run out of energy and am not even CLOSE to finishing either event.  How am I supposed to get more energy or complete the events without spending money?  Is there something I am missing here?  

It's really frustrating, because I don't see the point in me playing if this is how the events always are, where unless you spend money, you don't get any of the decent rewards.  

Is this game always about buying your way to the top, or are their some events that they reward you off effort rather than $$$?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 11, 2019, 20:3807/11/19
05/28/17

Yes. Raid Shadow Legends is all about buying your way to the.. well to somewhere I guess, because even being the biggest whale does not guarantee you can finish the event you mention or that you gonna get good pull or even a Legendary. It's a battle of wallets in its purest form with everything set in a way to basically extort money from you if you want to enjoy the game. Countless inconveniences, every little thing monetized to its limit, outrageously priced packs that provide so little value.

Sometimes I think this game is a twisted version of The Truman Show, where they conduct a behavioral experiment on Raid's player base to see how far they can push monetized "mechanics" and "inconveniences" that can be somewhat eased with excessive use of money.

If their clever mechanics didn't hook you yet, you should probably use your precious time on some other game - preferably not an F2P mobile game.

All in all if you read this forum, you probably noticed that the game is not doing very well - I mean... some very questionable decisions are being made and the community is overall very unhappy with everything that has been happening and the lack of updates and predatory monetization at every step.

This is not a confirmed information, but Raid expresses symptoms of a "sinking ship" game. They still do very infrequent and insignificant updates, but it really does seem so far that the "support" for this game has somewhat ceased. People will tell you otherwise but unless they actually start fixing long standing bugs and addressing community issues I will believe that they are kinda cutting their loses so they try to keep up this facade that they appear to be working on the game, new content and everything else, but in truth they might just try to prolong the death of Raid, because people are still spending (I know, right?) 

Run. Run while you can.

Jul 11, 2019, 23:5907/11/19
03/16/19

To finish the events you need buy raid pass + gems to refill energy & Xp boost. 

Jul 12, 2019, 00:2607/12/19
03/24/19

This is a hardcore Pay2Win game.  One of the worst offenders for predatory design decisions and anti-consumer practices.   The "events" (which are just progress bars for doing generic in-game activities) almost always require an end-game player with XP boost and buying energy with real money to have any chance.

Also, the game is full of so many bugs and issues that will flat out "steal" the paid items from you and not actually give you credit that few people will recommend spending money on this game.

Jul 12, 2019, 04:4507/12/19
07/11/19

Thanks for the info all.  So sad, the game seems to have so much potential.

I do see horrible imbalances though, and from the forums, a pattern of nerfing, but never balancing.  So yea, I guess when you nerf and someone spent money on that champion, they are indeed ripping you off.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I missed, like something in game where I could earn more energy or gems or something.  Between what you guys wrote here and spending some time surfing the forums, this does definitely look like a sinking ship.  No idea how their rating is so good in the app store.  Something is very fishy there.  I wouldn't be surprised with Apple if they allow companies to pay to manipulate their score like Yelp does.

Anyway, this is an app.  Not a full blown video game, an app.  I certainly can't justify paying the kind of money they want for in game items.  So, they just chased one more player away.  Such a pity.  But thanks for the warning guys and good luck to all of you!  I hope for all of you that they DO eventually come to their senses and start caring about customer retention.