All Categories

Foli fusion is badly designed

Search
Jul 6, 2019, 13:2307/06/19
02/14/19

I have decided to clarify that I was not aware that some champions will be given as a rewards during supplementary events. So, I am taking everything back what was written.

To those intrested about my original post, you will find it below. Thank you. 

Let me cheap in a bit. So, 20k Energy is not a problem here, another 10k to upgrade all to required lvls and then more for a massive amount to farm pots needed for ascension is also alright. 

Im already at 6k points.

What i find frustrating is that even if i pay and get the max 20k points I still need to get super lucky to summon cerain void rare champions from the very bottom of fusion that are needed to progress. This is just dumb. Ive already popped 15 void shards and no luck. 

You alienate ftp players and even paying players may have a slim chances to complete this. 

With all the duplicates problem happening and people pooling 3 shamrocks a chance of getting the required mix is improbable to say the least. Not to mention that during the time the fusion will run you may have  adjusted the chances to loot certain champions at the server side to make it  even harder. 

What is the point of making this fusion? 

For ptw players set a certain cost in terms of energy, lvls and ascension lvls.  Whoever can do it gets the champion. 

For ftp make is so difficult that it will take them a half year to get to it at the point where you will have already introduced better and more desiarable champions. 

You basically should pay to speed up things. 

At this point i may spend 2 thousands pounds and never pull the required void rare. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 6, 2019, 13:5407/06/19
02/21/19
They sais u will get the desired heroes in the upcoming events.
Jul 6, 2019, 13:5807/06/19
02/14/19
mija85 said:

Can you pinpoint the source please. 
Jul 6, 2019, 14:1407/06/19
05/12/19
mija85 said:

Yess all will be from events, but there is 2 champions which we have to farm in spider and fire castle - thats rng and my rng sucks(13 orange shards and no legendary). I already have spent 1000 energy on spider and no champion for fusion. So this fusion is bullshit. There should be hard work but not the fcking rng.
Jul 6, 2019, 14:2407/06/19
05/28/17
glizdazla said:

Let me cheap in a bit. So, 20k Energy is not a problem here, another 10k to upgrade all to required lvls and then more for a massive amount to farm pots needed for ascension is also alright. 

Im already at 6k points.

What i find frustrating is that even if i pay and get the max 20k points I still need to get super lucky to summon cerain void rare champions from the very bottom of fusion that are needed to progress. This is just dumb. Ive already popped 15 void shards and no luck. 

You alienate ftp players and even paying players may have a slim chances to complete this. 

With all the duplicates problem happening and people pooling 3 shamrocks a chance of getting the required mix is improbable to say the least. Not to mention that during the time the fusion will run you may have  adjusted the chances to loot certain champions at the server side to make it  even harder. 

What is the point of making this fusion? 

For ptw players set a certain cost in terms of energy, lvls and ascension lvls.  Whoever can do it gets the champion. 

For ftp make is so difficult that it will take them a half year to get to it at the point where you will have already introduced better and more desiarable champions. 

You basically should pay to speed up things. 

At this point i may spend 2 thousands pounds and never pull the required void rare. 

May I suggest a solution? Stop buying shard or paying for this cash grab app altogether. This joke of a game keeps afloat thanks to people like you, who are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money - and yet still being unable to "buy" want they want. Stop feeding them money and they will quickly reconsider their predatory monetisation practice that hurts both F2P, P2W and WHALES alike. 
Jul 7, 2019, 10:1007/07/19
Jul 7, 2019, 12:46(edited)
04/20/19

The reason this "event" is badly designed is that:

1. The 20.000 point reward is the fusion champ, and for most of us that's an unrealistic goal, even if we spend all our daily energy on ranking up. If he was around the 5000 point mark people wouldn't be so pissed, and people who could afford to reach the 20k marker would have other rewards to look forward to. 

2. Another bad aspect is simply that doing the same thing for 10 days straight it unbelievably boring and time consuming, which in my humble opinion isn't something that games should be.

3. RNG. Yep, the rng blocking us from getting the necessary fusion champs from dungeons is another extreme factor that reduces the fun of this event. If time wasn't a factor, then it might be fair, however since the Foli fusion isn't permanent (unlike the Relic keeper), it just makes the players even more stressed when they have to waste time/resources due to terrible RNG.

To sum up, to me "Special" Events such as this one should be for EVERYONE, a rewarding sort of a catch-up mechanic for players who had bad luck thus far, a way for them to feel valued and perform better, especially in clan boss fights. The Foli fusion "event" is the opposite of that, since players who fit this description are most certainly unable to fuse him in time, and the people who can, did and will spend money to be able to reach  this goal, already have a far more impressive roster of usable champs and in some cases won't even end up using him.

Jul 7, 2019, 15:1907/07/19
02/09/19

Matke said:

1. The 20.000 point reward is the fusion champ, and for most of us that's an unrealistic goal, even if we spend all our daily energy on ranking up. If he was around the 5000 point mark people wouldn't be so pissed, and people who could afford to reach the 20k marker would have other rewards to look forward to. 

2. Another bad aspect is simply that doing the same thing for 10 days straight it unbelievably boring and time consuming, which in my humble opinion isn't something that games should be.

3. RNG. Yep, the rng blocking us from getting the necessary fusion champs from dungeons is another extreme factor that reduces the fun of this event. If time wasn't a factor, then it might be fair, however since the Foli fusion isn't permanent (unlike the Relic keeper), it just makes the players even more stressed when they have to waste time/resources due to terrible RNG.

In response to your first point you're complaining about not having enough 'free energy' to complete the event. You think everything should be obtainable by simply using free energy? spending a few gems for energy refills is a tiny price to pay for a champ as good as Foli...

To your 2nd opinion... this entire game is based on farming and grinding, running dungeons and campaign stages to level up your champs. So if you're complaining about doing the same thing you've been doing and will continue to do anyways, that tells me you're just a ______ (fill in the blank, im trying to be respectful).

And finally you're 3rd argument... if there wasnt rng there just wouldnt be a game. Im sure you have farmed for a specific champion from one of the campaign stages. Did it take longer than a week to obtain whatever champion? I highly doubt it. 

Its honestly a bit frustrating to see so many posts complaining about how 'difficult' the game is. It appears that these people literally want things handed to them. Again there wouldnt be a game! There isnt much wrong with the way this event is setup. Stop whining and play the game.                                                         

Jul 7, 2019, 16:0307/07/19
04/20/19

macropcsoft said:

Matke said:

In response to your first point you're complaining about not having enough 'free energy' to complete the event. You think everything should be obtainable by simply using free energy? spending a few gems for energy refills is a tiny price to pay for a champ as good as Foli...

To your 2nd opinion... this entire game is based on farming and grinding, running dungeons and campaign stages to level up your champs. So if you're complaining about doing the same thing you've been doing and will continue to do anyways, that tells me you're just a ______ (fill in the blank, im trying to be respectful).

And finally you're 3rd argument... if there wasnt rng there just wouldnt be a game. Im sure you have farmed for a specific champion from one of the campaign stages. Did it take longer than a week to obtain whatever champion? I highly doubt it. 

Its honestly a bit frustrating to see so many posts complaining about how 'difficult' the game is. It appears that these people literally want things handed to them. Again there wouldnt be a game! There isnt much wrong with the way this event is setup. Stop whining and play the game.                                                         

Love your definition of "tiny price" considering how much reaching the final reward would cost, glad to see you're trying to see my point.

and yes, both my second and third point are precisely pointing out that those mechanics are an obvious waste of time and money, locked behind a pay wall whatsmore.

and no, you're not trying to be respectful, otherwise you wouldn't have typed that sentence with an implied insult.

Jul 7, 2019, 17:4007/07/19
03/06/19

The event is just not doable for ftp, period. A player calculation with a little give or take gave us numbers around 17000 energy just for the titan epic, that is already around 5000 energy out of my, range seeing I would get around 10000 free energy in the time of the event. Now I personally prepared for this update so did have quite a few available champions to level, including about 1000 saved energy in the mail, and 2000 gems. Now I can technically complete this titan event if I go full speed ahead and spend all my resources, but there lies the problem. If I spend all my resources on the titan it leaves me with nothing left for anything else and I will fall quite short. Now I do agree with supporting a game and spending some money like I would for any other game to rund future game development. The difference is no one talks about the cost comparison compared to "any other game". With single time purchase games your cost usually runs about 60-80$ for a good 6 months of content, until a dlc or expansion comes out and it's about 30 or 40$ for each subsequent expansion.  So for a whole year assuming you do no unneeded in game purchasing your cost will run you 130$ or so. That is not the case with ftp games, which us why they must be very smart in the way the games mechanics work. Seeing that it is rng based like most collector games and you dont have infinite play through like you would a single time purchase, that caps your ability per day, event, etc. Which brings in the purchasing part and where the game makes its money. All fine and dandy If the pricing is reasonable and gives me the ability to spend a nominal amount of money and get the full game experience, a reasonable amount being around 60-100$ to get the most out of the game for 6 months or so... the raid pass costs 50$ for 6 months, for a very minor increase in exp and, currency, that's just the pass. If I were to take one of these "amazing" deals that is currently available I could get a total of 1200 gems some silver, shards, and energy for the low low price of 40$. Which wont even get me through this event. To make it through the event I'm looking at a 100$ purchase of 4200 gems which I would definitely spend on energy to complete all the required parts. So my total is now at 150$, let's say that's the high end and I get through the event with only having spent 80$, and mind you that's being very generous, for anyone who has played the game long enough they know that wouldn't cut it. So I've spent 80$, now let's seeing what I've gotten out of it?.... One middle to upper tier legendary champion, 21 days of grinding and 80$ and I've got one champion, some other things also but not significant enough to jump for joy. Now I dont know about you ( speaking generally) but that doesnt seem like a good deal to me. The reason i play ftp is because I dont have money to spend on games constantly, I'm like most people I make enough to live by and not much else. So I play games instead of doing other things because they are "usually"the cheaper option then say a day on the town can run 130$, which I can spend on a game and get a years worth of enjoyment out of. Now i know what I'm not obligated tospend a cent on this game and I can grind play smart and hope i get lucky. Well I have been doing so and will admit I've bee. Pretty lucky, 1 legendary and a few good epics have made it possible for me to have fun with the game for about 3 months now, and I've said ftp this whole time but I have spent 20$ the game which isnt bad for 3 months. Well' until now. You see I've said all that to say this doe anyone who is ftp and knows exactly why this system is not working.  I've hit a massive wall, I've leveled my characters and got pretty good gear on them, even gotten scrolls maxed for a few. I've created a rag tag team that can go pretty far but that's it. I. Stuck at around 12 on every dungeon with little hope of ever breaking that ceiling. My rewards have slowed considerably and so has my progress,  my legendary and around 90% of my epics came with in the first month and its been a slow trickle ever since. My team has no synergy because I'm working with what ive got, I'm useless on clan boss and can only eek out low millions of damage which sticks me in a beginner clan which gives me less rewards. I'm blocked in arena because even though i ha e pretty good champions I wasnt lucky enough to get a legendary with a speed aura, guess I should stop complaining and just deal with it right? That's how the game was made you knew that so if you dont like it move on. Well no, it's called constructive criticism and I enjoy the game at its base and want to keep on playing into the future. But at this point it's just not possible, no ones ever been happy with sitting in one place in a game and not moving. Endgame isnt about skill or your ability to build champions, believe me  ive tried. It's about are you willing to spend 100$+ for one card every month or so, I personally am not. I'm happy they have extended the fee rewards but lets be honest the cards being rewarded are only useful early game and then become mediocre like most champions late game. I hope they can stop making excuses, saying things like " we made it to be hard that's what makes it fun" and just improve the quality of life for their players. Until then I will play little and wait for an update that is player friendly.

Jul 7, 2019, 18:1807/07/19
Jul 7, 2019, 18:23(edited)
05/28/17
macropcsoft said:

Matke said:

There is quite a difference between game being "difficult" and "you better be prepared to lose sleep and grind 8 hours a day AND pay money for constant energy refills and other resources AND THEN maybe if you get lucky and get the required champs as a drop you just MIGHT be able to finish this F2P event". Get your head out of your ass please. The event complaints are justified 100%..
Jul 7, 2019, 19:2707/07/19
04/19/19
Respect to those who are able to fuse Foli.........Let us how much you spend to get him and how many hours you grind per day on this game:-) 
Jul 8, 2019, 17:2307/08/19
05/22/19
Fimbulwinter said:

The event is just not doable for ftp, period. A player calculation with a little give or take gave us numbers around 17000 energy just for the titan epic, that is already around 5000 energy out of my, range seeing I would get around 10000 free energy in the time of the event. Now I personally prepared for this update so did have quite a few available champions to level, including about 1000 saved energy in the mail, and 2000 gems. Now I can technically complete this titan event if I go full speed ahead and spend all my resources, but there lies the problem. If I spend all my resources on the titan it leaves me with nothing left for anything else and I will fall quite short. Now I do agree with supporting a game and spending some money like I would for any other game to rund future game development. The difference is no one talks about the cost comparison compared to "any other game". With single time purchase games your cost usually runs about 60-80$ for a good 6 months of content, until a dlc or expansion comes out and it's about 30 or 40$ for each subsequent expansion.  So for a whole year assuming you do no unneeded in game purchasing your cost will run you 130$ or so. That is not the case with ftp games, which us why they must be very smart in the way the games mechanics work. Seeing that it is rng based like most collector games and you dont have infinite play through like you would a single time purchase, that caps your ability per day, event, etc. Which brings in the purchasing part and where the game makes its money. All fine and dandy If the pricing is reasonable and gives me the ability to spend a nominal amount of money and get the full game experience, a reasonable amount being around 60-100$ to get the most out of the game for 6 months or so... the raid pass costs 50$ for 6 months, for a very minor increase in exp and, currency, that's just the pass. If I were to take one of these "amazing" deals that is currently available I could get a total of 1200 gems some silver, shards, and energy for the low low price of 40$. Which wont even get me through this event. To make it through the event I'm looking at a 100$ purchase of 4200 gems which I would definitely spend on energy to complete all the required parts. So my total is now at 150$, let's say that's the high end and I get through the event with only having spent 80$, and mind you that's being very generous, for anyone who has played the game long enough they know that wouldn't cut it. So I've spent 80$, now let's seeing what I've gotten out of it?.... One middle to upper tier legendary champion, 21 days of grinding and 80$ and I've got one champion, some other things also but not significant enough to jump for joy. Now I dont know about you ( speaking generally) but that doesnt seem like a good deal to me. The reason i play ftp is because I dont have money to spend on games constantly, I'm like most people I make enough to live by and not much else. So I play games instead of doing other things because they are "usually"the cheaper option then say a day on the town can run 130$, which I can spend on a game and get a years worth of enjoyment out of. Now i know what I'm not obligated tospend a cent on this game and I can grind play smart and hope i get lucky. Well I have been doing so and will admit I've bee. Pretty lucky, 1 legendary and a few good epics have made it possible for me to have fun with the game for about 3 months now, and I've said ftp this whole time but I have spent 20$ the game which isnt bad for 3 months. Well' until now. You see I've said all that to say this doe anyone who is ftp and knows exactly why this system is not working.  I've hit a massive wall, I've leveled my characters and got pretty good gear on them, even gotten scrolls maxed for a few. I've created a rag tag team that can go pretty far but that's it. I. Stuck at around 12 on every dungeon with little hope of ever breaking that ceiling. My rewards have slowed considerably and so has my progress,  my legendary and around 90% of my epics came with in the first month and its been a slow trickle ever since. My team has no synergy because I'm working with what ive got, I'm useless on clan boss and can only eek out low millions of damage which sticks me in a beginner clan which gives me less rewards. I'm blocked in arena because even though i ha e pretty good champions I wasnt lucky enough to get a legendary with a speed aura, guess I should stop complaining and just deal with it right? That's how the game was made you knew that so if you dont like it move on. Well no, it's called constructive criticism and I enjoy the game at its base and want to keep on playing into the future. But at this point it's just not possible, no ones ever been happy with sitting in one place in a game and not moving. Endgame isnt about skill or your ability to build champions, believe me  ive tried. It's about are you willing to spend 100$+ for one card every month or so, I personally am not. I'm happy they have extended the fee rewards but lets be honest the cards being rewarded are only useful early game and then become mediocre like most champions late game. I hope they can stop making excuses, saying things like " we made it to be hard that's what makes it fun" and just improve the quality of life for their players. Until then I will play little and wait for an update that is player friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I started to do the same, but said to myself 'they already know this'. I don't need to explain common sense to developers. They already know what they are doing. All we can do as players is remove game and go to the next. And that next game will be same model as this one. Eventually a game developer will pop up with the right model. These pay 2 win modes needs to go extinct.
Jul 10, 2019, 00:4707/10/19
02/21/19

This.

celejmich said:

There is quite a difference between game being "difficult" and "you better be prepared to lose sleep and grind 8 hours a day AND pay money for constant energy refills and other resources AND THEN maybe if you get lucky and get the required champs as a drop you just MIGHT be able to finish this F2P event". Get your head out of your ass please. The event complaints are justified 100%..

Jul 10, 2019, 02:1907/10/19
04/19/19
This game wants everyone to spend $$$$ but its special event is not made for everyone.......Prepare to press your luck to get the required champs from the spider and fire knight even though u have achieved 20K at the insane training event!!!