All Categories

Issue with Gearing Same Champion For Arena and Clan Boss?

Search
Jul 4, 2019, 18:1707/04/19
05/16/19

Ok, so Nethril is really useful for me on both my arena team as well as the clan boss.  However, on clan boss, we are downing brutal currently.  As such, I need about 130 accuracy to make sure my poisons tend to stick on the boss.

Meanwhile, in arena, resistance doesn't tend to be an issue, and I would much rather have attack % to burn the enemy down.

How do you guys deal with this?  I have just focused on clan boss and accepted that it is keeping me from getting into a higher rank in arena, as I feel focusing on gear for the clan boss is far less of a hindrance to arena than not loading up on accuracy and missing all my poisons on the clan boss.  For a little while, I was actually swapping back and forth between a chest piece with att % for arena, and one with accuracy for clan boss.  The cost to do so just wasn't feasible though.

I guess until you have enough champions to fully separate your groups, really the best you can do is to prioritize arena or clan boss with that champion and run with that, right?  I don't see any decent way to solve this considering the cost of swapping gear out. :P

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 4, 2019, 23:3007/04/19
05/13/19

I’m surprised you say 130 Accuracy let’s your Debuffs stick on Brutal?

My gathered information suggest you need 150 Accuracy for Debuffs to stick on Brutal.

Does any of your buffs get Resisted at all with 130?

And what Masteries do you have on your Nethril?

Jul 5, 2019, 00:4207/05/19
05/16/19

Player J said:

I’m surprised you say 130 Accuracy let’s your Debuffs stick on Brutal?

My gathered information suggest you need 150 Accuracy for Debuffs to stick on Brutal.

Does any of your buffs get Resisted at all with 130?

And what Masteries do you have on your Nethril?

Well, are you taking into consideration the mastery that gives you an extra +20 when no skills are on cooldown?  Since the only thing you should be using for the clan boss is A1 for Nethril's poisons, you should always have that extra +20 acc up, which would bring it to 150. 

In addition, the "150 for brutal" rule is general.  I know one guild mate that has 250 accuracy on a champion (not intentional, just a result from the gear he has on Kael) and his poisons STILL sometimes get resisted.

No matter how much accuracy you have, there is ALWAYS a chance they will be resisted.  About 150 is just a general rule of thumb, where up to 150 it's fairly feasible, but past that, you get severely diminishing returns.

Accuracy should be a priority to an extent, but also speed.  The best gear I can give Nethril for a combo of speed and accuracy has him at 130.  I sacrifieced his speed for more accuracy for a few days, but I noticed no difference on the clan boss, and a severe drop in his viability in arena.

A lot of it regretfully takes experimentation.  There may be masteries one person has that you don't, which might make you have to adjust certain stats.  The best you can do is take what other players say with a grain of salt, and test various things out on your own.  The game takes a lot of patience.

Another example... I have had a couple people say you don't need any accuracy in arena, because no one tends to have it.  However, I have had some groups where almost every single champion of theirs resists my debuffs.  And while I feel damage is paramount in arena, missing all your debuffs can make a HUGE difference too.  So again, it is about experimenting.

Yet another example...  Magmablood is a B average ranking champion.  However, I maxed out his skills way back when I first started playing, before I knew.  He is by FAR my hardest hitting champion.  Harder than Nethril, harder than Kael, harder than ANYONE, and with one AoE and a bomb debuff that ignores defense (when those things pop, people die.  End of story.).  So again, it's all about experimenting.

It would just be great to have some type of option in game to swap between an arena set and a clan boss set for champions.  I doubt a mechanic like that would ever happen though. :P