All Categories

Inconsistent Mechanics - Block Damage and Unkillable

Search
Jul 3, 2019, 01:4407/03/19
04/01/19

I discovered some inconsistency with 2 mechanics and how Remove Buff interacts with them.  

Example 1:  When you attack a champion with Block Damage using an Attack that removes buffs (like Juliana’s A3 which I’ve seen many times) Damage is blocked and the buff is then removed.  

Example 2:  When you attack a champion with Unkillable using an Attack that removes buffs (the example I just saw was Gorgorabs A1 against a Steelskull with 1hp and Unkillable active) the buff is removed and the damage is dealt resulting in a killing blow.  

This is inconsistent.  Either in the first example the removal should happen and then damage is dealt, or in example 2 the damage should be dealt resulting in no kill and then the Unkillable buff is removed making the champion susceptible to further attacks.  Just posting here to hopefully alert the dev team and maybe let people know.  If required I can try to get some vids as proof.  Example 1 is easily reputable using Juliana and the Crimson Helms in Dragon 11, but the second example will likely require some effort in Arena.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 3, 2019, 02:5707/03/19
05/13/19
I think what's happening here (and this is speculative because I haven't tested it) is that unkillable doesn't actually stop a champ's hp from reaching 0. Now if the buff expires "naturally" and they are at 0 they don't die but if the buff is removed by an attack and they are at 0 they do. I guess it kinda sorta makes sense from a logical point of view... a little bit? Maybe? I have Gorgorab and have seen what you describe (i.e. he removes the buff and the champ with unkillable drops) but I can't say for sure that I've seen unkillable expire on a champ with 0 HP before. I guess you could test it by sending a low level champ with unkillable alone into a campaign where they are way outmatched and see what happens when the buff expires "naturally".  Either way good luck getting the devs to listen to reason on this one (or any other complaint for that matter).
Jul 3, 2019, 13:2007/03/19
03/14/19
Neither the devs nor customer service for this game have been proven to be worth a damn