All Categories

Is it Feasible to Go Without a Healer in Gold Arena?

Search
Jun 29, 2019, 20:2906/29/19
05/16/19

Currently, my team consists of Nethril, Tomb Lord, Deathless, and Pain Keeper.  Sometimes, Pain Keeper's heal is invaluable, as she heals with so much HP that she can literally top off all my other champions with one sweep.  However, sometimes by the time it's her turn, I don't need healing yet, and sort of wished I had a damage-dealer in her place instead.

With that said, in high level gold, is it feasible to go without a healer and just focus on burning and locking down the enemy?  My Pain Keeper is VERY hard to kill, as is Deathless, but if Pain Keeper is the only one left of my team, it's game over for me anyway since she hits like Pee Wee Herman. 

I was thinking of eventually replacing Pain Keeper with Hordin.  I would have Hordin go last on my team, loaded up with tons of attack and maybe some crit rate/damage to clean up (as after my other champions already attacked, hopefully he can take one or two out and get an extra turn(s)). 

Can you pull off full offense like that in high gold tiers?  The other reason I like this is that *if* all my team except Deathless dies, then she will hit even harder than when I am stuck with her and Pain Keeper together.  Thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 30, 2019, 11:4006/30/19
Jun 30, 2019, 11:41(edited)
05/12/19

I'm in Gold IV for long time already.

Don't have healer. Why would someone want healer in arena?

Don't have even speed aura.

But i still win 50% defense battles.

And ofcourse i win about 90% offense battles. Could be 100%, but sometimes i just want to do fast daily battles and do them on auto.
Jun 30, 2019, 22:0006/30/19
05/16/19

TurboLv said:

Don't have healer. Why would someone want healer in arena?

Because like I said in my post, she can literally top off all 3 of my champions with one heal.  The amount of HP she provides in that regard is substantially more than any damage-dealer could remove from the enemy.  So, looking at a standpoint of who has the largest impact on HP overall, the only champion I have that is greater than hers is Deathless, and Deathless' max damage is situational (2 champions dead for guaranteed crit). 

Even if Pain Keeper doesn't need to top off all my champions, since her heal is also an AoE attack, it can serve a pretty useful role offensively as well, as her hit is fairly decent too.  And then in addition, her skill cooldown reduction also comes in very handy for longer battles.

But anyway, I thought no healer could be an option.  Just wanted to make sure.  Thanks for letting me know. :)

Jun 30, 2019, 23:1006/30/19
04/13/19

You will find that many Gold IV attacker can wiped you out in one hit. So healer is not as important as speed. Who can attack first gain advantage most of the time.  But there are some fight that it is nice to have a healer. My advice is to build first a ‘’speed team’’. You will have over 70% chance to win depends on how well your team is and how well you understand your enemy’s team. (Know what Matyr or Rochcard can do f.exp.) After that expand your horizon and build high DEF/HP as damage dealer.  Healer will come in handy with this.

Jul 1, 2019, 04:0907/01/19
02/12/19

Arena is all about speed. Go in first and Hard you win.

If you don't want people to attack you in Arena then have an Army Reinbeat Ready with speed and defense.
Jul 1, 2019, 04:5607/01/19
Jul 1, 2019, 04:57(edited)
03/28/19

Fron my experience there are two setups that work well in gold 4:

Fast nukers or slow defenders.

Fast nukers opt to go first, hoping to wipe the other team fast before its their turn. Thy usually focus on speed and group attack buffs or critt buffs. A healer doesnt fit here. 

The other setup is build around defense/hitpoints and possibly counter. They opt to outlast the first enemy turn, so they can retaliate. Usually they got good debuffs, so once they get going, they can keep the enemy strugling. A healer can fit here just fine. 

That being said however, i find that you can win alot of battles just by tactical play manually. 
My 2 cents
Jul 1, 2019, 05:1307/01/19
05/16/19

Thanks for the info guys.  I appreciate it.  And Zorhanba, I am assuming you meant to say "Reinbeast," like having him on the team?  He doesn't phase me at all, not with my group.  Who I dread (and usually avoid) is Roshcard.

As far as it being speed, I know all too well.  I have Nethril equipped with the best speed gear I have.  Usually, I end up going first, but there are of course some times where the opponent beats me to the punch.  And if they have a champion that boosts their other allies turn meters, it can put me at a serious disadvantage.  While 3 of 4 champions can take the hits no problem, Tomb Lord is still at 5 stars (working on him next).  So, he does sometimes get taken out before I can even pop his Blight on the opponent.

Not much more I can do at this point until I get more gear with some more speed.  Nethril already has a full speed set, and equipped with the speed gear that has the most speed as bonuses as well.  Once he goes first, I bump the enemy's turn meters down with his abilities, and they clean house.

One thing that I really do like about Pain Keeper as well is that other than Tomb Lord, the rest of my champions have no problems taking the first wave of attacks and going second.  I have the 30% HP shield set on her, and with how much HP she has (currently at ~48k), it is a HUGE HP boost for all my champions.  Hence another reason I hate to walk away from her.  There are times where if the opponent beats me speed-wise, she keeps everyone up and I have her to thank for surviving long enough to counter-attack.  In addition, with the HP I have on her, her healing wave attack hits pretty freaking hard too.