All Categories

What champions do you get from shards?

Search
Jun 29, 2019, 16:5506/29/19
03/26/19

I'm creating this thread for an open discussion of which champions you guys are pulling from your shards. The reason I'm making this thread is because I believe that the drop rates for champions are skewed. What I've personally noticed in my three months of playing, is that I never got a single Athel drop and very few starter champion drops in general from ancient shards. I noticed the chances of getting Shieldguard (a decently powered uncommon) from mystery shards was very low compared to other uncommons. My issue is that I never recorded the actual statistics of my shard drops, so I can't prove that there is a disparity in rates by myself. But because I am confident that ancient shards and mystery shards have skewed rates in favor of some champions more than others, I naturally ask the question if it's the same case for epics and legendaries. And there would be legality issues if Plarium is skewing rates for certain champions without showing the rates for each champion to drop. 

So next time you guys have your shard openings, either write a note detailing how much of every champion you got from shards. Better yet would be to record all your shard openings in quick videos to make sure there's undeniable logs that we can figure out rates from. If you could put your drops here, we could add together drops from all players and compile a list to get a good assessment of whether or not rates are skewed. And if they are it would not only be a legal issue, but it would give us a stronger case in asking for rates on dungeon drops, shards on market (which have clearly been lowered as of a recent patch), clan boss drops (also lowered), campaign drops, and of course the rates for each champion of each rarity to be opened from shards. It may seem like a daunting task, but all you would really need is some video capture software on your device. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 1, 2019, 16:5607/01/19
04/17/19
For this to be mathematically and scientifically valid research you understand how much and from how long period time you would actually need data from ? And even more if you're actually doing this for legality of drop rates. You wouldn't be ever able to prove the rates being skewed unless you got your hands on the actual code. But anyways good luck with your journey on this one!