All Categories

How is Roshcard the Tower Not Considered Ridiculously Overpowered???

Search
Jun 26, 2019, 20:2106/26/19
05/16/19

Ran into this guy for the first time yesterday.  His skill is ridiculous for arena.  Makes the whole team invulnerable to damage for two full turns?  I mean seriously?!  I may as well just have my whole team save their time and commit suicide.

I mean wtf are you supposed to do in response?  Best I could do was try to lock down the enemy's skills, but even then, I am taking damage while they take none.  Plus, it puts my abilities on cd to lock them down, so when the invulnerability does fade off, their team still has some powerful skills to blow, while I am trying to get my arse to stop bleeding from the r@pe.

Is he just someone to avoid?  I mean even with champions that remove buffs, it is usually a 1-turn reduction, and he does 2 turns!!!  That is more than enough to burn down my team, and his remains unscathed.  I have NO idea how to handle him without a team customized specifically to counter buffs like that?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 26, 2019, 20:5506/26/19
03/16/19

He is true legendary, indeed, compared to many others. High-defense team sometimes works agains Roshcard - simply because it can survive through first two turns. All you can do is to beef up and minimize the damage (aoe shield, aoe heal, def boost, block debufs) saving all the offensive skills and then try to take him down when the shield is off.

Jun 26, 2019, 21:1206/26/19
03/13/19

As Kalo said, I play a full defense team (most of the time a mix if Martyr, Atur, Rhazin, Thenasil and Tayrel) and Roshcard is something I really like to see on the opposing team. Rhazin as well as Thenasil remove his buffs and the team itself is strong enough to survive the enmies onslaught. 

Jun 26, 2019, 22:3906/26/19
05/16/19

addmeister said:

As Kalo said, I play a full defense team (most of the time a mix if Martyr, Atur, Rhazin, Thenasil and Tayrel) and Roshcard is something I really like to see on the opposing team. Rhazin as well as Thenasil remove his buffs and the team itself is strong enough to survive the enmies onslaught. 

So with a full defense team, is your goal to just gradually wean down the HP of the opposing team while healing yourself enough to stay alive?

--------------------------------------------------------

My team is a little confusing at this point.  It's still a work in progress. And I guess my team is just weak against him, unless I am able to lock him down before he casts it (or burn down 1 or 2 champions at least before he does).  I do have Thenasil, but I don't think he would mix well in my current team.

On offense, here's what typically happens:

1)  I have Nethril for first strike and to try to bump down the enemy's turn meters (has lots of speed, modest accuracy, modest strength).  In this regard, I'm not quite as worried about speed on the rest of my champions.

2)  Next, I use Aothar and Deathless for locking down two champions (or if one misses on top priority, I can try with the other to lock them down).  If I don't need to lock two down, sometimes I will instead have Aothar blow his AoE (although I don't feel it is particularly strong).

3)  Pain Keeper with TONS of HP to top everyone off when needed and to speed up everyone's cds (which I feel is SO valuable I hate the thought of ever replacing her).

4)  If it comes down to it, last ones standing will usually be Deathless and Pain Keeper.  This is the point where I blow her [Grim Revenge], and usually, that is game over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am considering replacing Aothar later on with Hordin.  Figure I can go strength, crit rate, and crit damage on him to clean house. 

I would love to go all damage, but my Pain Keeper has so much HP and heals so powerfully that she can literally top off my entire team.  Plus, with how much HP she has, if the opponent tries to burn her down, they waste their time.  Their only hope is to kill one of my champions before she can top them off.  Hard to walk away from all that extra HP she gives the team. :P

Oh, and I maxed out Magmablood back when I first started playing and didn't know what I was doing.  As such, he hits HARD, harder than any other champion I have currently.  Almost tempted to max him out to 6 star (currently at 5) and use him as a glass cannon in arena.

Jun 26, 2019, 23:2906/26/19
05/09/19
Rosh and a few others are the type you learn how to best them and then are easy prey. With everyone on my arena team having over 210 speed before an aura besides my tank with nearly 89k HP and 6.2k defense, I love fighting Rosh, easy to take out when Focus Fire and turn preventions. 
Jun 27, 2019, 04:4206/27/19
03/16/19

I'm kinda at this point too lol  I have two champs at level 60 - both ATK type. I can rank up 4 more champs to 6 including Atur and Reinbeast, but I just don't feel like I'm there yet (simply because their use is pretty much limited to arena). And now I can't figure out the good arena setup because my original team was full DEF (read "slow") and my new ATK guys are still slow glass canons.

On the other hand, I recently got Altan (DEF barb legendary) - so I'm like - should I go back to full DEF team, or should I sacrifice one of the two lvl 60 ATK, or should I sacrifice Atur or Reinbeast? 

Jun 27, 2019, 07:2006/27/19
05/12/19

Go first and kill him before he uses hes ability.

Go first with provoke and him so he won't use hes ability.
Jun 27, 2019, 18:2806/27/19
05/16/19

TurboLv said:

Go first and kill him before he uses hes ability.

Go first with provoke and him so he won't use hes ability.

Yea, so long as I can get either Aothar to lock him down or Deathless to provoke him, I am fine.  However, if Nethril fails knocking his turn meter down and he casts it, the best I can do is lock down the other champions and try to live through the invincibility. 

I actually did take down a group with him yesterday, even though he got his cast off.  Locked down the two other damage dealers, Pain Keeper topped me off, then when the buff was off, blew my cds and ripped them to shreds. :)
Jun 28, 2019, 19:3906/28/19
02/14/19

People giving you advices are usaually pvping him while being in a stronger team, so they can often survive these 2 rounds/remove buffs. 

Rosh, Septimus and Baron maxed out are truly OP, so at end game they are better to be avoided.