All Categories

Champion AI not using skills properly

Search
Jun 24, 2019, 15:1806/24/19
03/27/19

Just as an example I have Nethril and his AI never uses his bat swarm against any dungeon bosses except the spider. He will instead use ghastly horrors even if the boss is immune to decrease speed, but never bat swarm even though it is maxed skilled, so it only has a 4 turn cool down vs ghastly horrors having a 5 turn cool down (unskilled). When I manual a boss fight and use bat swarm it does decrease the attack gauge so why does the AI never use it against bosses?

Though I have seen instances on a champion not using a skill that I think is actually nice. I use Kael in clan boss and noticed that he never uses his Acid rain skill. I appreciate this since there is only the boss and nothing else to kill. Especially since mine is on a Toxic set. 

There are times that the AI should be smart enough to not use a skill because of it being less effective/efficient, but the AI being dumb enough to ignore a useful skill all together shouldn’t happen.

Just voicing my opinion, love the game.

Thanks.
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 15, 2019, 11:1410/15/19
03/25/19

Bump.

Totally agree. I hate it when Nethril wastes a turn by using other than his default on the Clan Boss but I actually prefer Kael using only his default and his 3rd Skill because his 2nd Skill is kinda ineffective there. I think the best solution is, since this IS a strategy game, Plarium team, I think you guys should allow us, the players to be able to set the behaviour for each champion on any give stage so that they would act accordingly.

For example, there is Auto (current AI), Reserved (use none other than the default move) and Custom on which you can choose which skill to block for the entirety of the battle. 

This way, heroes like Wretch can prove to be more effective and even the notorious Shamrock can finally be considered a non-wasted Legendary. Please, Plarium, we need this.

Oct 16, 2019, 06:3110/16/19
Oct 16, 2019, 06:40(edited)
10/15/19

agree.

i wonder valky is not using a2 in icegolem battle (when the 2 adds are alive).
Oct 16, 2019, 06:5410/16/19
04/20/19
acolgate217 said:

Just as an example I have Nethril and his AI never uses his bat swarm against any dungeon bosses except the spider. He will instead use ghastly horrors even if the boss is immune to decrease speed, but never bat swarm even though it is maxed skilled, so it only has a 4 turn cool down vs ghastly horrors having a 5 turn cool down (unskilled). When I manual a boss fight and use bat swarm it does decrease the attack gauge so why does the AI never use it against bosses?

Though I have seen instances on a champion not using a skill that I think is actually nice. I use Kael in clan boss and noticed that he never uses his Acid rain skill. I appreciate this since there is only the boss and nothing else to kill. Especially since mine is on a Toxic set. 

There are times that the AI should be smart enough to not use a skill because of it being less effective/efficient, but the AI being dumb enough to ignore a useful skill all together shouldn’t happen.

Just voicing my opinion, love the game.

Thanks.
AI improvements are being worked on currently, no ETA on when this will be implemented though.