All Categories

Deathless Underwhelming???

Search
Jun 21, 2019, 17:1606/21/19
05/16/19

When I got her, I thought the concept of having a "last stand" champion that gets empowered as my other champions die was very interesting and would be fun to play with.  However, I am not sure why her ratings are so high, as I feel like she is extremely underwhelming.  

Here are my problems:

1)  Defense doesn't seem very effective - I have Pain Keeper with high HP, and this champion with tons of defense.  It seems high HP is FAR more effective at keeping a champion alive than defense is.  Defense just doesn't seem to mitigate damage very much, even though I have Deathless loaded up with it.

2)  Even with a ton of defense, her main A1, [Grave Whispers], hits like a pea-shooter.  One hit that does barely any damage that only becomes viable once my other champions start dying.  

3)  [Grim Revenge] is a huge disappointment.  Even when two allies are dead and the attack always crits, it is not anything spectacular.  My Pain Keeper's heal does FAR more damage to the enemy AND heals all my own champions at the same time.  And Pain Keeper's attack is not dependent on me having dead allies.

I'm just not sure why people like her so much?  I like her concept and I *want* to like her, but time and time again in arena, she is a disappointment to me.  Average survival even with tons of defense, low damage output, and since she has poor survival, she rarely gets to be the last standing to take out the enemy.  Is there something I am missing here?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 21, 2019, 21:1106/21/19
04/15/19

While I don't have her, facing her in arena III has been a major PitA for my team. The other team basically have 3 glass cannons that does enough damage to my team, I wipe them out, leaving Deathless. I get wipe by a 40k+ AOE from Grim Revenge.   If I single target kill her, then the 3 glass cannons takes me out in 2nd round.  I tried multiple combination but could not take that team out.

She is made for arena.  You need high defense and high crit damage. Ignore CR since that is guaranty with GrimR. 
Jun 21, 2019, 22:5906/21/19
05/16/19
Kuno said:

While I don't have her, facing her in arena III has been a major PitA for my team. The other team basically have 3 glass cannons that does enough damage to my team, I wipe them out, leaving Deathless. I get wipe by a 40k+ AOE from Grim Revenge.   If I single target kill her, then the 3 glass cannons takes me out in 2nd round.  I tried multiple combination but could not take that team out.

She is made for arena.  You need high defense and high crit damage. Ignore CR since that is guaranty with GrimR. 
Good to know.  Maybe my problem then is that I shouldn't have Pain Keeper on the team then.  Instead, just go full damage, no healer.  I think I will try that.  Thanks for the feedback. :)
Jun 22, 2019, 04:4006/22/19
05/16/19
One thing I don't get is I feel like her AI is broken.  With my group, for some reason, she blows [Grim Revenge] right at the very start of the fight.  With its cd, she doesn't ever get to use it when allies are down.  I don't know if the issue is the makeup of my team, when her turn is occurring, or what?  I will also have to double-check my gear, because even with everyone down but her, my grim definitely did not hit for 40k.  Then again, she is only at 5-stars right now, but I have three other champions in there that are 5 too, yet she is still very disappointing so far compared to them.  Maybe she scales well up to 6 stars, I don't know.
Jun 22, 2019, 05:2106/22/19
Jun 22, 2019, 05:26(edited)
04/15/19

The AI is kinda wack. It seems to use the most powerful AOE first.  You have to make sure she goes last, and keep her slow enough so that the other team went (and killed your other allies).   I believe because she is a defense base, she would survive the first wave. It's a delicate setup.

Basically, try to get your 3 glass cannon toons to go first to buff/debuff/aoe, and then get drop by the other team. By this time, their shield is down and are at 1/2 HP or so. She then goes last and wipes them out.
Jun 22, 2019, 15:5006/22/19
05/16/19

Kuno said:

The AI is kinda wack. It seems to use the most powerful AOE first.  You have to make sure she goes last, and keep her slow enough so that the other team went (and killed your other allies).   I believe because she is a defense base, she would survive the first wave. It's a delicate setup.

Basically, try to get your 3 glass cannon toons to go first to buff/debuff/aoe, and then get drop by the other team. By this time, their shield is down and are at 1/2 HP or so. She then goes last and wipes them out.

It would be great if they could tweak her AI.  On offense, I prefer to give her a modest amount of speed.  She goes 3rd in turn, and still usually before the other team (at least on silver I that I am at so far).  Reason I like her up there is I lock an opponent down with [Vile Insults] the first turn.  Then, depending on if any of my allies are dead, how low the opponent's HP is, etc., I will usually blow [Grim Revenge] on 2nd turn with her.

The thing that sucks with my defense is that it is hard to know what she is up to when I am not around keeping an eye on her as far as defense, lol.  Thinking mostly defense with a little speed would be good on her though, as the extra speed and upgrading her skills would make Grim pop back up after 5 turns, which might make a second hit viable in a survival fight.

I don't know, I am still on the fence with her.  I see great potential for her, but with the AI, hard to best utilize that AI.  Not sure how that one team was getting her to use something other tham Grim on her first attack, as from what you explained, seems like she was blowing it on the 2nd turn, where allies were dead.  Maybe there are other factors here I am unaware of, and guess I will have to keep toying with her.
Jun 22, 2019, 16:0706/22/19
Jun 22, 2019, 16:11(edited)
04/15/19

The only effective use of her that I ran against, was to go last in her team, and after my team kill her 3 teammates.  You only need her to use Grim Revenge once, to wipe the other team.  Sitting on gold 4 on two accounts, I can tell you that in arena, the 2nd round doesn't happen as often. Also since ur not focus on speed and crit rate, you can focus on def and crit damage to maximize damage of that single attack.

There are at least two champs that benefits from the slower speed, her and executioner.  For executioner, you want his retaliation to activate more than his turns.

I don't how effective she is elsewhere, but from arena, it was mind-blowing.  Thinking I was for sure going to win with 4 allies left and one enemy with 25% life. But BAM. I lost. over and over.

Jun 22, 2019, 17:1006/22/19
04/02/19
Yeah, some chars are waiting reballance now. Maybe devs will reballance some chars (Astralith is 1st in list as i know xD) after update game to 1.8 and fix all new bugs. They just need some free time for it. 
Jun 24, 2019, 03:4806/24/19
05/16/19

Penya said:

Yeah, some chars are waiting reballance now. Maybe devs will reballance some chars (Astralith is 1st in list as i know xD) after update game to 1.8 and fix all new bugs. They just need some free time for it. 

Astralith and Tomb Lord.  He is horribly broken.  His skills contradict one another, hits like a common, and sadly, he was the very first legendary I ever got.  I tried using him a few times in arena back then, until I realized he was more worthless than an uncommon, and shelved him in my vault. 

I heard about Astralith, but didn't look at her skills until just now.  Yea, I get why people are upset, lol.  Judgement looks cool, but Heart Rot makes no sense.  Someone intended for arena with bombs that take 2 turns to detonate makes no sense at all.  Sorry for all you who got stuck with her too.  We can only hope that both are fixed next patch, if and when it ever does come out...