All Categories

Does "Coming Soon" ever actually happen with Plarium???

Search
Jun 13, 2019, 23:0406/13/19
05/16/19

Ok, I haven't been playing that particularly long, but I have already seen several "coming soon" announcements from Plarium that still haven't come to fruition.  Like the one about some ancient sword a while back.  Now, there's one claiming champions are going to be found in dungeons.  Pretty sure weeks ago, I also saw something about some kind of "Telerian Tower Coming Soon" that never happened either.

Is this not coming through on things the norm for Plarium, or do they just announce things WAY in advance?
Views
Comments
Comments
CirillaAdmin
Jun 14, 2019, 09:1906/14/19
02/27/19
Hello! We have been releasing teasers of what's coming up in the next patch. Our next 1.8.0 patch is planned for the next week, if all goes good. With these teasers, we want to give our players hints of what they may expect further so that we could all start preparing for new things. 
Jun 14, 2019, 09:2606/14/19
04/12/19

Extract from another thread:

Kuroyukihime said:

Marius said:
ksthecr0w said:
"we aim to submit stuff to google within next month or two" is much better than "soon".
For sure! Sadly, we do not always have even a vague timeline to give. And recently, we've been stumbling in a fairly thick fog of war (I think that's the most appropriate term here) due to ongoing issues with connectivity, etc.
if you dont have a vague timeline to give, i dont think you, or other mods, should be using the word "soon" because that is inaccurate. just be honest and say that you dont have a vague timeline yet. you are giving the community false hope when you use the word "soon."

Unfortunately 'soon' means 'we have no idea when - we are here just to start hype train'

Jun 14, 2019, 11:5306/14/19
05/17/19

Hello!

We cannot give a set date as it depends on many factors - we can get some delays due to unexpected bugs being found or some issues with the Stores. 

ksthecr0w said:

Extract from another thread:

Kuroyukihime said:

Marius said:
ksthecr0w said:
"we aim to submit stuff to google within next month or two" is much better than "soon".
For sure! Sadly, we do not always have even a vague timeline to give. And recently, we've been stumbling in a fairly thick fog of war (I think that's the most appropriate term here) due to ongoing issues with connectivity, etc.
if you dont have a vague timeline to give, i dont think you, or other mods, should be using the word "soon" because that is inaccurate. just be honest and say that you dont have a vague timeline yet. you are giving the community false hope when you use the word "soon."

Unfortunately 'soon' means 'we have no idea when - we are here just to start hype train'

Jun 14, 2019, 17:1606/14/19
05/16/19

Cirilla said:

Hello! We have been releasing teasers of what's coming up in the next patch. Our next 1.8.0 patch is planned for the next week, if all goes good. With these teasers, we want to give our players hints of what they may expect further so that we could all start preparing for new things. 

I appreciate your response. However, it's hard for us to "prepare" for anything when descriptions are so vague. Like with "Faction Wars," we have no idea at all how many champions we should save for each faction, if the rewards will even be worth it, etc. I am fairly new and as such, my current priority is building a solid group for arena and the clan boss. I hate to throw away champions from certain factions that I might need later on. But, without any information on an actual release date, details about how many champions it will require, and if the rewards will be worth not using those champions to max out more viable options for clan boss and arena, it isn't feasible for me to "prepare" for anything at all.

But anyway, since I started playing a little over a month ago, I have seen promises of at least three different things coming out that never have. After a while, it starts to get frustrating. Then on top of that, there are severe champion imbalances. Like my first legendary I ever got, Tomb Lord. I was SO excited I finally got a legendary. Meanwhile, he is worthless in both clan boss and arena. And for anyone who disagrees, actually try to play with him and see for yourself. I already made a post thoroughly explaining the multiple reasons his design is flawed. Regardless, things like that go uncorrected while the company makes claims of new content coming, yet neither end up coming to fruition.

It seems like you guys are spreading yourselves WAY too thin on WAY too many projects, hence why none of them are actually coming together and happening.

A little advice from a regional manager – focus on fixing your current issues (like imbalances) and ONE big project at a time, especially when it comes to computer code like this.  

Jun 14, 2019, 17:2706/14/19
Jun 14, 2019, 17:27(edited)
05/13/19
It's nice to know you're aiming for next week with the patch - general dates like that put player minds at ease - fingers crossed all goes smoothly!
Jun 14, 2019, 17:3006/14/19
02/21/19

Cirilla said:

Maybe not wasting time and ressources on worthless and unuseful 'teasers' but instead putting more time and effort into really important things would do the trick.

Like fixing bugs/ problems, balancing heroes, putting out promised content that ppl are waiting for way too long now, fixing the spam threads in the forums from china bot shops and so on ...
Jun 14, 2019, 18:3806/14/19
05/16/19

I was trying to put it more lightly than Mija85 has, but I completely concur with this. Like how your company recently posted the YouTube video about affinities that was a marketing plug for void shards. My personal suggestion is to stop trying to sell content and start making content worth buying. If you want to sell void shards, then fix their issues. Currently, 75% of them are non-viable in any content short of casual play, and your paying customers are typically far from casual players. If you want people to get excited over new content, then get a team competent enough to get the code right and make it happen.  

I hate to be rude, but with everything I have witnessed on the forums and in-game, the division of Plarium handling this game seems VERY slopped together and disorganized. They seem more focused on trying to sell than they are on the quality of the content they are selling.