All Categories

Item upgrade is a joke

Item upgrade is a joke

Search
Jun 3, 2019, 13:4006/03/19
03/10/19

Item upgrade is a joke

Just wasted 1.000.000 silver on upgrading a ring. All i got out of it was moving from lvl 13 to 14. Really?

This has to be adjusted, as it is now is just to damn random. Not fun at all. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 3, 2019, 14:1406/03/19
05/21/19

I feel like as the character its equipped to gets ranked up the ability to upgrade it increases. So 4*s have 1-8 guaranteed, 5*s get 9-12 moved up to high and 13-16 moved to medium, then 6*s get 13-16 also moved to high. 

Another suggestion would be to add an Armory(could be that building to the left of the mine) that increases upgrade chances as you level up the armory.

Jun 3, 2019, 16:2206/03/19
05/16/19

Garou said:

Just wasted 1.000.000 silver on upgrading a ring. All i got out of it was moving from lvl 13 to 14. Really?

I used to feel this was extremely frustrating too.  However, there are a few things you need to consider:

1)  There is a finite amount of champions and gear that you are going to want to max out.

2)  The main thing coins are spent on is leveling up gear.  The cost for upgrading champions is nothing compared to leveling gear.  So, once you run out of gear to max, then what will you be spending those coins on?  The fact is, leveling gear is the only huge expense in this game, so if they dropped that, then coins basically become an excess waste.  In time as you max out all your gear, you will find that they will be just that later on already.  Don't be in a rush to get there. ;)

3)  That piece of gear you just leveled up can now be used regularly for farming, arena, clan boss, etc. regularly.  That amount that looks marginal adds up in the long run, when it is used in battle after battle over and over.

I get that it can be frustrating, but just try to keep in mind your only big expense in this game is leveling that gear, and that once it is leveled, that is PERMANENTLY leveled for you to use in every single battle from there on out.
Jun 3, 2019, 16:4506/03/19
04/26/19

God said:

Garou said:

I used to feel this was extremely frustrating too.  However, there are a few things you need to consider:

1)  There is a finite amount of champions and gear that you are going to want to max out.

2)  The main thing coins are spent on is leveling up gear.  The cost for upgrading champions is nothing compared to leveling gear.  So, once you run out of gear to max, then what will you be spending those coins on?  The fact is, leveling gear is the only huge expense in this game, so if they dropped that, then coins basically become an excess waste.  In time as you max out all your gear, you will find that they will be just that later on already.  Don't be in a rush to get there. ;)

3)  That piece of gear you just leveled up can now be used regularly for farming, arena, clan boss, etc. regularly.  That amount that looks marginal adds up in the long run, when it is used in battle after battle over and over.

I get that it can be frustrating, but just try to keep in mind your only big expense in this game is leveling that gear, and that once it is leveled, that is PERMANENTLY leveled for you to use in every single battle from there on out.

That's funny.Is this your first F2P online game?By the time the playerbase gets to the point where silver is useless there will be 6* gear,or upgrading 5* to 6*,1 extra stat etc.This is a never ending story.What now seems annoying later on will seem just a nuisance compared to the requirements for next gen gear...

This all ends when you 99% need cash to progress further and by then the game is dead and the company already prepares the next one in line.
Jun 3, 2019, 20:5006/03/19
03/10/19
I have no issues with it costing alot. I just don't think it should be so extremely random, there is no need for it. There are ways to make it expensive but less random.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 3, 2019, 22:1606/03/19
09/18/18

Garou said:

Hello

I've spent a lot more than 1mil silver trying for the upgrade from 13 to 14, as part of RNG it's again part of the game.

However, I will share with you how I get my silver, Focus on Spider, yes this can be annoying at first but the better payouts in selling these artifacts over the rest, 1mill silver because nothing, though I have been playing for a long time now, i farm stage 15 on auto and selling the bad artifacts over a say 2 days can easily throw me into a pool of 3mill or most probably more. Silver because less of a problem as you progress. Also on a side note farming spider for silver is also going to give you chances of awesome artifacts, which we all know is far and in-between for the factions you actually need them for.

Good luck

kind regards
Jun 4, 2019, 19:4506/04/19
03/10/19

KiwiMcSheep said:

Garou said:

Hello

I've spent a lot more than 1mil silver trying for the upgrade from 13 to 14, as part of RNG it's again part of the game.

However, I will share with you how I get my silver, Focus on Spider, yes this can be annoying at first but the better payouts in selling these artifacts over the rest, 1mill silver because nothing, though I have been playing for a long time now, i farm stage 15 on auto and selling the bad artifacts over a say 2 days can easily throw me into a pool of 3mill or most probably more. Silver because less of a problem as you progress. Also on a side note farming spider for silver is also going to give you chances of awesome artifacts, which we all know is far and in-between for the factions you actually need them for.

Good luck

kind regards

Why are you telling me it's part of the game? Captain Obvious reporting for duty...

I'm giving you my opinion that it's a BAD part of the game. It's RNG taken to far. I don't mind it being expensive, i gladly farm for an expensive upgrade. But i don't like farming only to get nothing in return and that happens alot in this game for no good reason.

One more thing this affects is purchases, atleast from me. I will NEVER buy silver to make upgrade attemps or any other RNG heavy mechanic, to big of a risk to get nothing in return and feel cheated. If on the other hand i knew what i would get then i would consider it for sure.

Jun 4, 2019, 20:4506/04/19
Jun 4, 2019, 20:57(edited)
05/12/19

Garou said:

KiwiMcSheep said:

Garou said:

Hello

Good luck

kind regards

Why are you telling me it's part of the game? Captain Obvious reporting for duty...

I'm giving you my opinion that it's a BAD part of the game. It's RNG taken to far. I don't mind it being expensive, i gladly farm for an expensive upgrade. But i don't like farming only to get nothing in return and that happens alot in this game for no good reason.

One more thing this affects is purchases, atleast from me. I will NEVER buy silver to make upgrade attemps or any other RNG heavy mechanic, to big of a risk to get nothing in return and feel cheated. If on the other hand i knew what i would get then i would consider it for sure.

Biggest problem of this game is that all the kids want ALL AND NOW if no they will CRY CRY CRY. 

but unfortunately this is a global problem for our youth... Mom or dad doesn't buys them newest iphone - they cry cry cry and so on for everything.

I play just 3+ months and silver for upgrading artifacts are not really a problem. I do not on purpose farm silver, but just do my daily stuff, event etc and silver comes more than enough.

Just for this event leveling up food i have farmed ~5 mil silver in 2 days while i wasn't farming silver, i was just leveling up food.

Jun 4, 2019, 20:5106/04/19
05/12/19
skye said:

That's funny.Is this your first F2P online game?By the time the playerbase gets to the point where silver is useless there will be 6* gear,or upgrading 5* to 6*,1 extra stat etc.This is a never ending story.What now seems annoying later on will seem just a nuisance compared to the requirements for next gen gear...

This all ends when you 99% need cash to progress further and by then the game is dead and the company already prepares the next one in line.
It's more looks like this is your 1st F2P game...
Jun 5, 2019, 04:5606/05/19
05/16/19

skye said:

God said:

Garou said:

Not even close, which is why unlike you, I don't cry about it. ;)  If you don't like it, then don't play.  Don't throw a sissy fit about how it works and look to insult others like myself who are well aware of how the process works. 

The fact of the matter is, at some point, the player will come close to capping off his primary gear.  At this point, with characters close to or capped, gear close to or capped, it becomes a grind for marginal progress.  If someone has experience with these games, I have NO idea why they would be in a rush to get to that point.  The fun in these games isn't the destination, but the journey.  And if you don't like this particular journey, there are plenty others out there.

Jun 5, 2019, 04:5706/05/19
05/16/19
Garou said:

I have no issues with it costing alot. I just don't think it should be so extremely random, there is no need for it. There are ways to make it expensive but less random.
I got you, and I do agree on that one.  That is how I feel about the champions we get as well.  There should at least be a slight ability to increase our odds of certain factions or something along those lines.  With how random it is, we can end up with champions we have NO interest in at all, but have to use them because they are the most viable.  Kills it for some players.
Jun 6, 2019, 16:1606/06/19
04/26/19

God said:

Not even close, which is why unlike you, I don't cry about it. ;)  If you don't like it, then don't play.  Don't throw a sissy fit about how it works and look to insult others like myself who are well aware of how the process works. 

The fact of the matter is, at some point, the player will come close to capping off his primary gear.  At this point, with characters close to or capped, gear close to or capped, it becomes a grind for marginal progress.  If someone has experience with these games, I have NO idea why they would be in a rush to get to that point.  The fun in these games isn't the destination, but the journey.  And if you don't like this particular journey, there are plenty others out there.

I wonder where the insult was?Also wasn't this a discussion forum?Isn't discussion 2 parties trowing arguments back and forth,pros and cons on an issue?

I just summed up the way most F2P games work,and yes i have been playing all sorts of F2P on the PC for the past 15 years and on mobile for the past 8.

Also how will Devs know what and where to fix if no one is pointing out issues within the game?No one asked the OP what level is he?When you can only farm normal...1 Mil silver is a lot.Also if you only use the energy you get from dailies it will still be pretty hard to make 1 Mil.

12.3 brutal would barely get you 1 Mil per day provided you save up 4* and 5* for the artifact event and that,if you have the time to log in and play constantly before your energy refills and you start wasting it.Also fun for some won't be the same as fun for you.Silver is used for everything from Ascending,Rank Upgrades,Potion Mix,Gear switch,Events,Summoning so on so forth.So yeah,silver isn't as infinite as others make it out to be,at least not where i sit at lvl 50 and no Legendaries.

And to end it i still couldn't find the "insult".

Jun 6, 2019, 20:0606/06/19
05/16/19

This here...

skye said:

That's funny.Is this your first F2P online game?

Insinuating someone is a newb simply because their perspective is different than yours is definitely something perceived as insulting to most.

Anyway, not a huge deal. It's just a game. It's just that you seem to have a really negative outlook on it from the post that quote came from. You are assuming a negative outcome before it has even happened. There are plenty of apps that have been around for years that don't get to the point you stated in that post. Sure, some do screw their customers over and dip. But with how much this company is making, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. They just need more content and more for us to do.

One thing that I do like about this game is that paying to win only gives people a small advantage. There is nothing that you can only get by paying in this game, and the only real advantage paying does is reduce grind time. And yes, I do agree that when it is virtually necessary to pay in order to progress, it is no longer fun. With the setup in this game, I do not see that happening. They are already banking, so adding more champions and content will keep that cash-cow going. No need to make some type of cap that requires paying.

The thing I don't understand is when people complain about the process. Yes, the process is tedious, time-consuming, the RNG can be VERY frustrating with artifacts, but that is part of the journey. If someone rushes to get to the destination, what then? Gear maxed, champions maxed, etc., then it gets boring. Nothing new to do. So, I am certainly not in a rush to get there myself.

The only RNG that annoys me is with champions and how we have absolutely no control over choosing an increased likelihood of factions, champions, etc. 

Jun 8, 2019, 18:1106/08/19
04/26/19

God said:

This here...

skye said:

That's funny.Is this your first F2P online game?

Insinuating someone is a newb simply because their perspective is different than yours is definitely something perceived as insulting to most.

Anyway, not a huge deal. It's just a game. It's just that you seem to have a really negative outlook on it from the post that quote came from. You are assuming a negative outcome before it has even happened. There are plenty of apps that have been around for years that don't get to the point you stated in that post. Sure, some do screw their customers over and dip. But with how much this company is making, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. They just need more content and more for us to do.

One thing that I do like about this game is that paying to win only gives people a small advantage. There is nothing that you can only get by paying in this game, and the only real advantage paying does is reduce grind time. And yes, I do agree that when it is virtually necessary to pay in order to progress, it is no longer fun. With the setup in this game, I do not see that happening. They are already banking, so adding more champions and content will keep that cash-cow going. No need to make some type of cap that requires paying.

The thing I don't understand is when people complain about the process. Yes, the process is tedious, time-consuming, the RNG can be VERY frustrating with artifacts, but that is part of the journey. If someone rushes to get to the destination, what then? Gear maxed, champions maxed, etc., then it gets boring. Nothing new to do. So, I am certainly not in a rush to get there myself.

The only RNG that annoys me is with champions and how we have absolutely no control over choosing an increased likelihood of factions, champions, etc. 

I agree that rushing to the end is no way to play a game and be fun,but each to his own.I don't really have a problem with the game yet because i din't pay a dime yet,so i'm all good.The real issue i had and maybe it didn't get trough my post is that most of these games(esp on mobile platforms) are not reliable to last too long or to have support for too long esp the ones that have such a aggressive sells policy like this game.I know i have to compare them to GW,WoW,TERA,RoM,AoC,SWTOR and so many others that have support and content even now after many,many years.

So what i was suggesting to take it slow and chill because what he spends now on items is prolly nothing compared to what he will spend in next patches.

My biggest issue is not the RNG or even the silver sink it's the fact that the game still seems in Beta but the prices are from a AAA game shop.I understand selling expensive tires for a damn Ferrari but not when you drive a Toyota.
Jun 8, 2019, 19:0306/08/19
04/09/19

Well from the Journey point of view...

I want to plan ahead my journey, not let the rng decide about it. So my main issue with item upgrade are those random substats after success... 

God it pisses me off that i had a lucky 5* boots with speed and ended up with tones of wasted silver to get too 16 lvl and get 2 stats that are totally bs for support champ

And with the amount of champs i have and i want to use it's nearly impossible to enjoy this what you called a journey just becouse you had unlucky rng draws

Jun 9, 2019, 12:1506/09/19
05/16/19
skye said:

My biggest issue is not the RNG or even the silver sink it's the fact that the game still seems in Beta but the prices are from a AAA game shop.I understand selling expensive tires for a damn Ferrari but not when you drive a Toyota.
Lmao, so true, it really is.  I was actually a game tester years and years back during college, and this DEFINITELY brings back memories of beta testing.  The only difference is that back then, development actually paid attention when we addressed issues.