All Categories

What to do with duplicate epics?

Search
Jun 3, 2019, 12:1906/03/19
04/05/19

On the one hand I feel pretty lucky with some of the epics I have pulled. However, I don’t have loads and seem to have been a little unlucky with duplicates. What should I do with duplicate Thenasil, Doompriest, Knight Errant and Shatterbones. Excluding the 2 free epics over 1 in 3 of my epic draws have been duplicates. 

The characters seem too good to be used as food or just for a single skill increase. I could maybe see 2 Doompriests in the same team being a benefit because of their healing but not 2 Thenasils. 

Any suggestions? Do I just store them and wait?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 3, 2019, 16:3006/03/19
05/16/19

I get where you are coming from as far as the hesitancy to use them for skill ups.  If you really, really like a particular champion for a particular battle, you could always max out the second one as well and use both in some encounters.  I have seen players who will have 2 or even 3 of the same champion in some battles.  While some champions will work together synergistically, sometimes your best bet might be to have multiples of the same champion, particularly if they excel at a specific encounter.

Conversely, the more you level up in this game, the more you will realize that later on in the game, skill ups will be few and far between.  I wish I knew that when I started playing, as I threw a lot of my skill books away on champions that I realized at higher levels were completely worthless.  So, while that skill-up may be a minor upgrade, in the long run, it might be the only option you will come across to do so in a LONG time.
Jun 3, 2019, 17:4206/03/19
04/05/19

Cheers. That helps. I also wasted some skill ups early. Silly me :| 

I suspect Thenasil is a bit useless as a double but the rest might be ok. Guess I store them until I have run out of other things to xp up and by then I might be in a position where I need the skill increases. 

Jun 3, 2019, 21:3706/03/19
03/11/19

Honestly, it depends on the epic.

I've used a few epics as food, that were duplicate epics that I don't want to keep.

If their usable, I might use them as skilbooks if having two doesn't make sense.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 3, 2019, 22:0606/03/19
09/18/18

Hey Hey

I use them in 3 ways

1, skill upgrades for a current champion if I like them and use them a lot

2, vault them for fusions

3, use them to speed up ranking champions(though I wouldn't do this in most cases, it can be however useful to have a boost to your ranking process earlier in the game, though again patience is normally suggested.). I also want to add I only consider this if I have 2 or more and 1 of these are vaulted which I won't touch.

any questions let me know.

thanks
Jun 6, 2019, 19:4406/06/19
05/16/19

WobblyGoblin said:

Cheers. That helps. I also wasted some skill ups early. Silly me :| 

I suspect Thenasil is a bit useless as a double but the rest might be ok. Guess I store them until I have run out of other things to xp up and by then I might be in a position where I need the skill increases. 

I also wasted a lot of skill ups early on in the game.  I had no idea how valuable they truly were and how hard they would eventually be to come by.  I poured a lot of mine into Magmablood, who is fairly worthless.  I STILL use him, as he hits pretty damn hard just because of how upgraded he is.  Still fairly useful for now.  But anyway, you will eventually get more books in events here and there.

Anyway, I would definitely hang onto the duplicate Thenasil at this point.  From his ranking on Reddit, he seems pretty useful.  Check for yourself here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jdrS8mnsITEWL1qREShSG3xNOZKYJuL5dUnNrUWQIjw/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Even if you don't end up using both, he may come in useful for a future event, or if you find you are using Thenasil a lot, maybe skill up with the duplicate.  With someone marked as an "s" overall on that list though, I would be very hesitant to waste him as a mere skill up though.  Certainly couldn't hurt to have two of them for certain encounters Thenasil excels at, which seems to be a handful.