All Categories

What I think After 300,000,000 Days (Gacha and Strategy  Veteran)

What I think After 300,000,000 Days (Gacha and Strategy Veteran)

Search
Jun 1, 2019, 15:2706/01/19
03/17/19

What I think After 300,000,000 Days (Gacha and Strategy Veteran)

No I havent been on for that long but Ive been playing collector games including this one long enough to give an honest review with NO FLAMING. 

To start off,  the art is unbelievable. The textures, the character design, the way the story is told. I have talked to concept artists about how they create fantasy art and its not easy to do. Extremely creative work and the artists are really top tier. 

What i think goes unappreciated is that they have built the game to deal with the problem of getting duplicate characters. Really smart how they did this. Normally you have bad characters that arent really good for end game content but Raid solves this in several ways while still maintaining the clear divide between the different character rarities. 

Despite this solid foundation, Raid is probably going to crash before the end of this year.

I'm sure all is good right now with the player numbers. Game looks good, there's heavy marketing, players are coming in to check it out. However all that is going to change very quickly because of the way rewards are being set up. 

Everything im going to say next is based on two things: Effort should be rewarded and RNG is fine there is nothing wrong with RNG but it should be reasonably used. 

The MAIN PROBLEMS with  Raid are:

Too many barriers blocking progress-  If I want, 5* epic defense body with def % primary, I can farm dungeon for a week easily and not get it because of the number of gear and stat combinations. What was the goal of flooding the loot table with so many gear/stat combos? There are so many champions to try out plus secondary stat combinations matter. If I want just three of that def body it would easily take weeks. If I wanted that epic body plus the right secondary combination, that may never happen. At some point I would lose interest in farming all together. 

The legendary drop rate. I'm not sure it is a good thing indirectly telling people, you are probably not going to get any of the best champs in the game unless you spend more money. Plarium's stance on this is the rates are an industry standard, which is true. 6% as the highest chance to get the best units is normal and it is an ideal rate, but other games give players way more attempts at 6% chance. 

Personally happy enough with my team, but what keeps me interested is being able to get the shiny thing from time to time. Even if RNG is not on my side when i summon, just knowing that the luck will turn soon enough is why i play gachas in the first place. 

With Raid, i am 95% sure I am not going to get a legendary unit for at least a year. I know what 6% is. The epic gear with the stat combinations im looking for may take up to 5 months  even if I farmed everyday after work.

Its not about if my team can be viable or not, its can I get one of those cool things over there or not. This is why Gacha games release new characters often and give players opportunities to get them. 

The progress mission system is too linear. They are basically achievements. Last I checked you got an achievement after completing a task not if you have completed a previous task as well as that one. This is such a bizarre design choice. I assume it was to help teach new players what to do. Just make players a long list of achievements so they can choose which to focus on. 

Swapping gear costs. You deliberately built a pvp system that could take advantage of people being able to swap gear to counter specific teams.  The gear costs make it very difficult for people to test out builds. This is the kiss of death for strategy games. 

Im pretty sure there is no strategy game on the planet that discourages people from running different iterations of their ideas. Because trying new things is what keeps people playing. Its part of the reason why the Civilization franchise is so popular. You can easily switch up the experience

If i cant test out ideas quickly, I am probably not going to play long term let a lone recommend the game to people. 

Lastly content. Lack of content is what kills games. This is probably why Plarium built this great wall of RNG. maybe in time that will get sorted. 

Raid is very strong on gameplay and the devs are very communicative. It should be a 10/10 experience if the effort reward structure and content is figured out. Im really assuming here that squeezing people for cash wasnt the main goal. There should be some balance. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 1, 2019, 16:1706/01/19
02/21/19
Im really assuming here that squeezing people for cash wasnt the main goal. There should be some balance. 

Really? Just looking at the different pricing of same packs to different customers says something else.

Other than that i agree 110% with you.

This game needs some srs cganges else it will go downhill with all the discouraging things it has.

Jun 1, 2019, 22:3506/01/19
03/16/19

Unknown_Ranger said:

Despite this solid foundation...

Yeah, it feels like with all the energy put into developing the core, story, art - there was not much time left to actually figure out the balance of things.

I agree with most that you said here.

I'm not sure about the balance of duplicate characters. Later in the game, there's a handful of viable rares, a dozen of viable epics which are hard to max out, a handful of great legendaries which are impossible to get and/or max out. Whether you invest money or great amount of time, nothing guarantees you any satisfaction or any advantage. Fusion could partially fix this, but they are holding on starting it again. Why?

Progress missions, being what they are today, are fine with huge exception that they are so imbalanced. Most of the missions can be completed in less than an hour, then you run into great hall upgrade missions where you spend weeks.

Paying silver to swap gear is bad. Upgrading gear through RNG is really bad. Most of the games may require you to collect certain materials for upgrade, or may require you to wait for 48 hours for some item to upgrade. Here, it's a toss of a coin that in 99% falls on "ooops, failure, try again".

This game practically discourages you from doing anything. You can't realistically plan anything. Gear upgrade may cost 100K or 10000K, seriously? The only viable thing that yields returns is farming food, hoping for a lucky draw from the next shard. But for that, I could play some "Happy Farm".

The worst part is, no matter how bad some of these design decisions were, Plarium will never change them, but instead double down on the awesomeness of RNG wall.

Jun 2, 2019, 15:3506/02/19
04/17/19
Swapping gear out for a price is beyond me. I was taken back when I first found that out lol. It doesn't even make sense! Why would I pay to take things off? Am I a prostitute? 
Jun 2, 2019, 16:5306/02/19
03/11/19

What you are saying here have already been said before by many people many times. No changes.

Generally speaking the more you play this game the more annoyances and inconviniences you notice. Raid is a very inconvinient game to play.

There are so many things that are missing, broken, ignored or otherwise. And players keep talking about these things all the time.

Perhaps their idea was to create a hardcore game for hardcore players who are used to neverending grind. But you can only get so much from these players. Mobile games need to stay at the top of the lists to stay relevant. They need to remain being popular. Hardcore games cant do that.

So they are planning to release this game on PC with their own launcher. Will this really change things? I doubt that. What will change things is them implementing all the things players have been shouting into their deaf ears all these months.

Jun 2, 2019, 17:4206/02/19
08/02/18

The points mentioned in the OP would destroy this game within months.

Make gear easier to get? Everyone will have top gear, no one will be different, anything less than what's desired will just be unusable trash.

Increase legendary rate? Everyone will have legendaries, anything less than legendary would soon be junk.

Remove gear swapping costs? Everyone will test out the best fit, post it on Reddit and discord, and then everyone will wear only that.

This game is hard. And that's good. I don't particularly love some parts of it, like running Minotaur 100 times in a row to make one toon better. But it's hard yet enjoyable and it should stay that way.

You are right about content though, a bit more content coming through would be good.

The one thing you didn't mention which leads me to believe you haven't been playing too long perhaps, is the customer service. Worst I've seen in any online game yet and I'm a very patient dude. Making a ticket in game only to have them tell you to go post on the forum is terrible. Especially when that doesn't get answered too.
Jun 2, 2019, 20:4706/02/19
Jun 2, 2019, 21:02(edited)
03/17/19

Zaros said:

The points mentioned in the OP would destroy this game within months.

Make gear easier to get? Everyone will have top gear, no one will be different, anything less than what's desired will just be unusable trash.

Increase legendary rate? Everyone will have legendaries, anything less than legendary would soon be junk.

Remove gear swapping costs? Everyone will test out the best fit, post it on Reddit and discord, and then everyone will wear only that.

This game is hard. And that's good. I don't particularly love some parts of it, like running Minotaur 100 times in a row to make one toon better. But it's hard yet enjoyable and it should stay that way.

You are right about content though, a bit more content coming through would be good.

The one thing you didn't mention which leads me to believe you haven't been playing too long perhaps, is the customer service. Worst I've seen in any online game yet and I'm a very patient dude. Making a ticket in game only to have them tell you to go post on the forum is terrible. Especially when that doesn't get answered too.

This comment is actually pretty important because this type of thinking is how Raid ended up being created this way and it should be exposed. 

There is a big difference between making gear easier to get and making gear easy to get. Nobody is saying 5* epics should be dropping every 2 runs. 

Secondly, team strategy is actually important. Even if it takes  3 days instead of a week to get one of the 5* epics you are looking for, who you put it on matters. Also, the other gear sets matter. The primary and secondary stat combinations matter. There are too many things that affect how a team plays to be making it such a daunting task to max out one team strategy of the countless combinations. 

With gear costs, the main reason why there are gear costs is to prevent people from swapping team strategy in arena. I already talked to Plarium about this, in fact my 1 star rating on Google Play is solely because of this. I told them that was their problem and they should have found another way to fix that dilemma than push out swap costs.

My suggestion was to put a long timer on people who players have attacked and lost to so they cant just swap gear and attack them again. If that doesnt work find something else. Random matchmaking even so you cant see the team you are going to fight until it has started. Anything is better than swap gear costs. 

They literally told me that swap costs was in other games suggesting it was normal. I called bs on that. Nobody is crazy enough to prevent players from swapping obtained gear in a strategy game. I would really like to see where they got that idea from. 

If you are worried about meta gear combos, swap costs are not preventing people from finding optimal ways of playing. There are people who are taking the massive costs to test and they are sharing that info. Also, its difficult for one gear combination to work against all teams because of all the champion and gear effects and stats. 

As for legendaries, players who play these games want to be able to progress and get good items. 6% is fine on sacred but there are not enough sacreds unless you buy them with real cash. I'm not interested in playing a game where i cannot collect some of the better items that are available to improve my account at a decent pace. Nobody is. 

Does that mean legendaries should be falling from the sky? No. This is why i ended the post by saying there is a balance to these things. Its hard to explain what this means unless you have played different gacha games for a while. 

As for the customer service, that is a false assumption. I have been redirected to discord, and i still have that email. I just gave the support a low rating after they sent the survey. I just forgot to mention that earlier. 

Jun 2, 2019, 21:5106/02/19
03/11/19

Its not like devs do not want the game to be better. I believe they do. They have this intention somewhere deep in their minds.

But you can't really expect a japanese quality work from a chinese worker. Just like you can't expect the chinese food prepared at a french restaraunt in Paris to taste like food served at a restaurant in Beijing. It's impossible. Take it for what it is. Embrace it.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 3, 2019, 01:5206/03/19
Jun 3, 2019, 01:52(edited)
09/18/18

Hello all

Thanks for all the feedback!, I'll highlight this post to the CM's/Devs.

regards
Jun 3, 2019, 10:4106/03/19
03/16/19
I was just thinking, once they release 6* gear, what would the swap cost be? 200K? 
Jun 4, 2019, 01:1106/04/19
05/26/19

Unknown_Ranger said:

They literally told me that swap costs was in other games suggesting it was normal. I called bs on that. Nobody is crazy enough to prevent players from swapping obtained gear in a strategy game. I would really like to see where they got that idea from. 

If you are worried about meta gear combos, swap costs are not preventing people from finding optimal ways of playing. There are people who are taking the massive costs to test and they are sharing that info. Also, its difficult for one gear combination to work against all teams because of all the champion and gear effects and stats. 

Summoners War has cost removing gear, but there's also an option to outright trash the equipped gear to equip something else instead of having to pay to remove the gear. It's one way to keep the economy in check to keep supply from going through the roof.
Jun 4, 2019, 14:1106/04/19
03/15/19

Yeah. I was enjoying this game quite a bit, at first. The Level 6 Artifact missions are built to suck you dry and keep you paying for energy packs to beat them. 

Ultimately, this is just another pay to win game. You run out of  energy pretty quickly if you dedicate any real time to the game. 

Support is virtually useless. When I iterated that several players were complaining about the 3* ATK% missions, I was told that it was just part of the game. So, buy an energy pack, then spend it all on one set of missions. Not worth my money or time.

Even with the graphics and some redeeming qualities, when you build in a money pit, it's obvious that Plarium is out for money, not fun. It could be an awesome game, but it's pretty much just a scam, at this point.
Jun 5, 2019, 12:5906/05/19
05/17/19

Hello!

This is something the Dev Team is already working on. We're hoping to release the changes in Update 1.8. Thank you for your patience!

fhmqe74cu3 said:

Yeah. I was enjoying this game quite a bit, at first. The Level 6 Artifact missions are built to suck you dry and keep you paying for energy packs to beat them. 

Ultimately, this is just another pay to win game. You run out of  energy pretty quickly if you dedicate any real time to the game. 

Support is virtually useless. When I iterated that several players were complaining about the 3* ATK% missions, I was told that it was just part of the game. So, buy an energy pack, then spend it all on one set of missions. Not worth my money or time.

Even with the graphics and some redeeming qualities, when you build in a money pit, it's obvious that Plarium is out for money, not fun. It could be an awesome game, but it's pretty much just a scam, at this point.

Jun 5, 2019, 16:3706/05/19
03/16/19

My suggestion :

Dungeon artifact drop --->  2-3 random artifact for every win but we only can choose one of them. So we will have an option to choose desired artifact 

Artifact upgrade ---> high 75%, medium 50%, low 25%, minimal 15%

Artifact removal ---> artifact back to inventory when you sacrifice characters for rank upgraded

Summon ---> you will get point for every summon. After reached certain point you will get free epic / legendary champion. Example : green shard +1 point, blue shard +20 point, purple shard +50 point, yellow shard +200 point. Reach 300 & 600 point will get free epic. Reach 1000 point will get free legendary. After reach 1000 point it will reset to zero again. 

Jun 5, 2019, 17:1006/05/19
03/12/19

There has to be cost removing items or you just get max stats on your few sets of gear then swap it on to whomever you want, ie some very ropey heros that are awsome counters to certain boss/ arena players and virtually never need to upgrade more gear. (imho) they could be a little lower say 25k for 5* still cost you 150k to swap out 6 items or much much less for items lvl 12 and under (much eiaser to experiment then)

But because of this really need to make upgrading costs less of a farce, my record is 1.45M silver on 5* ring level 13-->14 absolute joke, REALLY REALLY need a chance multiplier so after say 5 fails in row %chance goes up by ,X, after 10 fails in row %chance goes up by ,X, problem solved... not rocket science, this is pretty soul destroying as im certain that record (sadly) will not last long.
Jun 5, 2019, 17:1406/05/19
03/30/19

RoadHouse_ said:

Unknown_Ranger said:

Summoners War has cost removing gear, but there's also an option to outright trash the equipped gear to equip something else instead of having to pay to remove the gear. It's one way to keep the economy in check to keep supply from going through the roof.

You didn't mention that Summoners War has "free removal" event one day every month.  Moreover everyone knows that it's always held on the first Saturday of month and get ready for this.  That's when most of the swapping happens. 

And in Raid developers are too stubborn to make such event. 
Jun 6, 2019, 06:3806/06/19
04/21/19
only good things  are up, but first of  all i liked SO MUCH the no pay for changeing gear on heroes... that will let  us  to test a lot of  things and  it's hard  to think about lv 6 gear ... you ll need 1 mil silver  to remove  6 items...
Jun 7, 2019, 06:4706/07/19
Jun 7, 2019, 06:48(edited)
03/02/19

I You are so right. But there are even more things to complain about. 

When I started the game I liked it very much, so I spent much Money.

But after a while it became more and more frustrating.

First of all, getting no rewards for finishing arena gold 3 for 3 weeks in a row is really very annoying.

Support replies with useless standard answers.

Second, losing all that energy and in my case also several CB keys, due to dcs also is not funny any more.

Third, crap legendaries which are worse than many 3* is ridiculous (Astralith and Sethallia). Getting these is very frustrating.

Legendaries should not be completely useless or has anyone an Idea how to use Astralith? 

And last but not least different prices for packages.

I stopped spending money untill these problems are fixed. 

Jun 7, 2019, 09:1206/07/19
06/07/19
Valkyrie said:

Hello!

This is something the Dev Team is already working on. We're hoping to release the changes in Update 1.8. Thank you for your patience!

fhmqe74cu3 said:

I'd love to know what the dev's have planned for this whole energy thing.  How is it that a level 49 player only has 119 energy? Seriously. I've been spending money on packs because I honestly love the game. But there's no point wasting money away for the never ending grind. Im sticking to free to play from now on.  I really hope to see some changes for the better. My only real complaint is the embarrassingly low amounts of energy were given and how crazy potion farming is. I've spent 3 hours today farming for force portions and have only gotten 1 large/epic whatever potion and burnt 2k energy. Might as well just play for 20 minutes and call it a day.
Jun 7, 2019, 14:0506/07/19
05/04/19

Johnnie381 said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

fhmqe74cu3 said:

I'd love to know what the dev's have planned for this whole energy thing.  How is it that a level 49 player only has 119 energy? Seriously. I've been spending money on packs because I honestly love the game. But there's no point wasting money away for the never ending grind. Im sticking to free to play from now on.  I really hope to see some changes for the better. My only real complaint is the embarrassingly low amounts of energy were given and how crazy potion farming is. I've spent 3 hours today farming for force portions and have only gotten 1 large/epic whatever potion and burnt 2k energy. Might as well just play for 20 minutes and call it a day.

The game should update the energy capacity and energy reward and player level up.

For instance, Level 1 = gives 18 base energy, each level gives 3 energy; So a level 60 should have 195 energy.

Somehow the game developer design it such a way that player get lesser energy as they level up.

In addition, they should raise the level cap of 60 to above.  Example level 100.

This benefits loyal players who stuck with the game for a long time.

In addition, the daily reward should also increase as player level increase.

Level 1-20: 7.5K Silver, 1 Mystery Shard, 1 Lesser Potion, 1 Energy, 20K Silver, 5 x Arena Tokens

Level 21-40: 15K Silver, 1 Mystery Shard, 1 Greater Potion, 2 Energy, 40K Silver, 10 x Arena Tokens

Level 41-60: 30K Silver, 1 Rare Shard, 1 Superior Potion, 3 Energy, 80K Silver, 15 x Arena Tokens

Jun 7, 2019, 19:1606/07/19
04/14/19
I don’t understand why this game is full of legendaries while you are saying that nobody has them. Silver 2 is almost impossible to pass without legs. Spend money like the others and you will have legs otherwise play and don’t whine it is just a game with people dropping thousands of euro ciao